• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredo

It was an honor to turn Drew into an alpaca.

I was going to send him another thing in a mailbag, but I guess that will have to wait until whatever his next thing is!

Haven't listened to the Bombcast yet but was stunned at the news when I checked twitter, I thought it was a joke. I'm surprised of course but also not surprised because let's face it, Drew really came into his own as time went on usually filling the missing presence in the room with his unique and fresh takes while simultaneously being the master of lowkey jokes and references. I'm bummed out because I've been watching Drew for 8 or so years now so, that feeling is normal but I am also happy he is moving onto something else since the chance to do so is here for him to take, it's all BITTERSWEET. What makes Drew awesome is that his tastes and the things he loves to do apart from gaming are so different from everyone else which is why it was always interesting and great to hear him talk about it.

His presence will be sorely missed. I wish nothing but the best of things for him. Good luck and godspeed, Drew. I look forward to whatever you're doing next. Also, let us not forget how he started. A strong start but an even stronger finish.

If you're going to talk openly about "Danny's next project" at least tell us what it is. Otherwise shut the hell up.

It's too much fun teasing you guys about it though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Drew should swear on the last stream in 2 weeks.
He would wear one of these
oh_heck_-_black_grande.png

It's too much fun teasing you guys about it though.
Count me in for "it sucks".

kingocfs

I'd rather Jeff hire no one at all than hire someone just to fill a chair. Even sans Drew I don't think he'll rush this process.

I trust him 100% to hire the right people at precisely the right time, and you should too. Hasn't missed yet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd rather Jeff hire no one at all than hire someone just to fill a chair. Even sans Drew I don't think he'll rush this process.

I trust him 100% to hire the right people at precisely the right time, and you should too. Hasn't missed yet.

Other than everyone leaving. :p

TBF patrick actually did stick around for quite awhile.

I forgot that Drew is Giant Bomb's resident vocal mimic. They need to hire for that position as well.

Got item!

Also, I said it in the main thread for the news, but I should mention it here too: Farewell, Drew Scanlon. I will miss your presence at Giant Bomb!

Zaph

Jeff's great at finding the right people, but you kinda have to post the job to get it started. That's where shit grinds to a halt.

KorrZ

Really sad to hear that Drew is leaving.

GB West is uh...in a place right now. They really need some new hires fast.

I really like both Jeff and Brad but those two don't really do any features together. They need their own endurance run together or something. UPF I have zero interest in and I don't really watch Quick Looks.

Thank god for GBeast.

Wunder

I forgot that Drew is Giant Bomb's resident vocal mimic. They need to hire for that position as well.

Got item!

Also, I said it in the main thread for the news, but I should mention it here too: Farewell, Drew Scanlon. I will miss your presence at Giant Bomb!

God damnit, you're right! FUCK

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Other than everyone leaving. :p

TBF patrick actually did stick around for quite awhile.
Everyone who moved on to other projects left on good terms. That is so rare in any business.
I actually think Patrick and Austin watched the Bombcast live, because they immediately tweeted about it.

Got item!

Who will be the voice of pacman now?

Strax

I wonder for how long they've known because Jeff talk about adding 2 staff members on Jar Time late last year so I figured plus one to what they had before Austin left. Or are they gonna hire 3 people?

So I'm assuming based on the job listing for the editorial spot in the west, that it would be pointless to apply if I don't have video and podcast samples to include? I've done a lot of writing, but that's about it.

Sorry to derail the Drew-love, but I didn't know who else to ask or where to ask it :3

daveo42

Banned
I wonder for how long they've known because Jeff talk about adding 2 staff members on Jar Time late last year so I figured plus one to what they had before Austin left. Or are they gonna hire 3 people?

He's probably had plans to move on for quite some time. That's why Jeff even brought up the need for another producer position. My guess is at least three months ago. Maybe more.

Catvoca

Banned
So I'm assuming based on the job listing for the editorial spot in the west, that it would be pointless to apply if I don't have video and podcast samples to include? I've done a lot of writing, but that's about it.

Sorry to derail the Drew-love, but I didn't know who else to ask or where to ask it :3

Probably pointless but it never hurts to apply.

neshcom

Banned
He's probably had plans to move on for quite some time. That's why Jeff even brought up the need for another producer position. My guess is at least three months ago. Maybe more.

And Jeff talking about adding new hires was to expand their capacity to add new types of content. If he was trying to grow bigger than they were pre-Austin-leaving, he'd have to be eyeing multiple positions, especially now.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wow, gutted that Drew's leaving, sounds like he'll be doing more exciting things going forward though so good for him.

GB West needs new blood real quick...must admit I'm a bit concerned that it's taken as long as it has.

I just got back from work.

Man, what a sad day. This is like when Glen died in Walking Dead. One of the originals is leaving. :'(

I'm going to miss you, Drew. Godspeed.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah, alright.

GB used to be great.

Then move on.

Drew doesn't seem like the kind of guy who comes up and is all like "Yo guys, I'm out next month kay? See cya!". I bet they knew for a while.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wow you're already at stage five?! It's going to be a while before I reach acceptance.

I'm still at stage 2 - Anger.

Anger is a bit much.

Drews young. Like, quite a bit older than me, but 9 years is a heck of a long time to stick around a company with not much growth potential.

Meneses

I would guess you'd probably be better served if you had some work in those areas, but you never know until you try it.

Or maybe if you're good at gif making and / or screen capping forum posts it could be your time to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom