• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
fifpzofy.png

I remember reading that tumblr post from Jeff and thinking "Man, it would suck if Drew left" and now here we are. :(

I'm happy for Drew and GBW will of course bounce back, don't worry you guys.

Whatever happens, I'll go where jeff goes. Dude is the lifeblood of the site.

Also I doubt Dan is going. I get the impresssion that GB is pretty much his dream job.

Also Dan sounds like he's pretty good at investing his money and has a few things on the side too, so he's probably set in what he's doing. Which is a pretty enviable position.

how was your plane ride

LOL yeah I just got service again not too long ago and saw the news. Haven't heard the podcast yet.

It went well. You guys mentioned it would be uncomfortable. It sure was. The ear popping and altitude was something to get used to(I'm from Florida) basically felt like I had a mild headache the whole flight. BUT, I've now seen and played in snow for the first time and I'm really enjoying it for now. Gonna build a snowman :3

Thanks for asking.

On slight topic, I got a decent few runs in risk of rain. Unlocked a few characters, got a few trophies. I really dig the power up ramp you go through in this game.

Nero18

My fear is always that it just wont feel the same way after a while, somewhat irrational as GB has kept my interest way longer than any other site. Real bummer to see Drew leave, strange relationship but i guess its natural for these guys to want more or chase their ambitions.

Zaph

It's not really people leaving that gets to me, it's that they (especially West) never seem to bother expanding their world/contacts to make up for the loss, be it employees or frequent guests.

I get that it's not easy to snap your fingers and have new people appear, but they've got one of the biggest gaming podcasts and the most influential gaming website - and you're telling me their only podcast go-to guest in the rolodex is Will Smith? (no offence to Will, but come on).

If Brad does more of the behind-the-scenes stuff, I wonder if he tries to book folks who would be glad for the exposure to appear on the bombcast (especially during these dead few months between hires) and it never works out? Even Dave Lang jokes that they never reach out.

vl7LQW0.png

In all seriousness, I didn't know Scott Manley worked in the CBSi building. Is he an Apple employee? Doesn't Apple have the third floor now? I guess that's how they were able to have him on that Project B.E.A.S.T. episode.

Harpuia

Wow drew is leaving. Been there for a loooong time. Hoping he has luck with his next thing.

Though this reaffirms my thoughts on what even IS giantbomb west now. I hope they get more hires because it was a skeleton crew with Brad/Jeff/Drew and the occasional Jason.

Man GB east is a godsend. I literally wouldn't be subscribing if it weren't for Dan.

popo

I was thinking about Drew leaving last week. It was when Vinny said he used to make $80k as a freelance video guy and that was years ago.

If Drew leaving leads to less posting of that meme then that is a devil's bargain I could live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom