• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, look.

TOP TIER

Rocko's Modern Life
Ren & Stimpy (Seasons 1 & 2)
Spongebob Squarepants (Seasons 1-3ish)

HIGH TIER

Rugrats (Pre-Movie)
Doug
Hey Arnold!

MID TIER

Angry Beavers
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
KaBlam!

LOW TIER

The Wild Thornberrys
Rocket Power

SHIT TIER

CatDog

These are are some good opinions

No_Style

I didn't play ICO but I enjoyed SotC (at least at the time, been a decade since I've played) for the way each boss was sort of its own puzzle to figure out; I found it compelling from a gameplay standpoint despite the clumsy controls.

I like the atmosphere of the setting in Last Guardian but found all the "puzzles" (basically a series of "how do I get out of this room and to the next") to be kinda bland. Game relied on you forming a bond with Trico, I just can't connect with all the people posting in threads here about how they cried at the end, etc.

I meant the replayability aspect. I love The Last Guardian and SOTC but I have zero desire to replay them. I played SOTC on PS2 the year it was released and then bought the HD collection years later and still couldn't bring myself to play it again. There are just certain games that I have a hard time replaying and all of Ueda's titles fit that bill.

why do the weapons hover like 3 feet off this chick's back?

Because it's cool.
Also easier to implement without weird clipping issues?

Mega Man is boring and was always boring

There, I said it.

You know what it took to make Mega Man awesome and not boring?

Chips.

jiI10jh.png

robotrock

Banned
Are there direct story ties to Nier in this game?

I only played about two hours of Nier but I don't remember robots . maybe there were some in the opening?

No_Style said:
I meant the replayability aspect. I love The Last Guardian and SOTC but I have zero desire to replay them. I played SOTC on PS2 the year it was released and then bought the HD collection years later and still couldn't bring myself to play it again. There are just certain games that I have a hard time replaying and all of Ueda's titles fit that bill.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I guess it makes sense when you consider that the actual gameplay itself tends to be a bit of a chore, or at best not the main draw, in those games.

I've seen people say that before! I stopped at 3, but I've really wanted to play another one. Seems like 6 is the one to go with. It's still sprite-based, right?

Yes, still sprites. Skip 4 and 5 because they suck.

I only played about two hours of Nier but I don't remember robots . maybe there were some in the opening?

There appear to be story links. The first game has robots and androids.

I'm sure there will be. Yoko Taro links all his games, but it probably won't be in some way that is fundamental to the experience.

Just started watching UPF and they're playing...Hitman.

I mean it's cool, not a game I'd buy. But I didn't mind watching for a while. But this is getting kind of silly. We have seen enough of this game. I feel like it's kind of insulting that they don't realize that and they just keep streaming it.

Yeah, and there will probably be more in the proper story. The website has a bunch of information for catching up on the story of Drakengard and Nier in a way that makes me think there's going to be a lot of story elements from those games.

Also stop playing hitman.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just started watching UPF and they're playing...Hitman.

I mean it's cool, not a game I'd buy. But I didn't mind watching for a while. But this is getting kind of silly. We have seen enough of this game. I feel like it's kind of insulting that they don't realize that and they just keep streaming it.

Since my favorite Hitman video was their most recent Hitman video, I strongly disagree. And I feel insulted by the bullshit you find insulting.

robotrock

Banned
I'm pretty certain Rorie has been holding back from revealing his thoughts on Rogue One because of Whitta. But I need to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom