• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
What a fancy man. Not a place where a regular guy can live at all.

lol what? chill...

These wouldn't be 5-star games to me:

Gears of War 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
LittleBigPlanet
Mortal Kombat vs DCU
Infamous
Killzone 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Limbo
Super Meat Boy
Skyrim
L.A. Noire
Uncharted 3
Diablo 3 circa 2012
Sound Shapes
Bioshock Infinite
DmC circa 2013
Gone Home
Jazzpunk (4 stars)
Inside
The Witness

The most egregious ones are probably L.A. Noire, Killzone 2, and Bioshock Infinite.

piston hyundai with the GOAT opinion

he gives mgsv the 5/5 it rightfully deserves because it isn't on this list

Megasoum

Banned
CWboPyU.png

Mr. F

Banned
LA Noire being 5 stars stuck out the most at first glance, granted I liked it a lot at the time. Hell of a thing, hindsight.

Also, premium feature where they revisit every GB 5 star GOOO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah someone here called out the health bar mechanic in Furi recently and wow, that has to be one of the most annoying ideas I have seen in a long time.
I might have to stop playing this game because of this.

robotrock

Banned
Any NYC dudes in here a big fan of Mamoun's Falafel? the one on MacDougal street.

I don't think you can find a better falafel or shawarma in NYC. maybe the whole east coast

It's right next to the Comedy Cellar, that comedy club featured on Louie a bunch.

Aww man, bummer.

Dan, you can make this up to us by bringing your dog into the studio.

I have to assume it's due to Dan having just moved (though, at the time he said that, the move had yet to happen). Maybe I'm wrong.

Here is Dan's reply to me for good measure: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227243504&postcount=18882

Dan Ryckert said:
We're gonna mix it up this year for a couple of reasons. I don't give a shit about football, and the Super Bowl is so close to my holiday visits home. Gonna have him come out in the spring or summer to spread it out a bit throughout the year.

Megasoum

Banned
I know I'm super LTTP on that one but I'm playing through Super Mario Galaxy for the first time and man... That game is great!

I love all the different and unique designs for the levels and the gameplay mechanics they use in there.

Great stuff!

So, what does everyone think the worst game to ever receive a 5-star review is? I'd say the Crew hits the mark more often than not...

No hot takes to add, and I know we've moved on from this discussion, but I thought I'd let you all know I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out who gave The Crew a five-star rating because of the capitalization in this post.

I'm an idiot, you see. Carry on.

Anjin M

No hot takes to add, and I know we've moved on from this discussion, but I thought I'd let you all know I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out who gave The Crew a five-star rating because of the capitalization in this post.

I'm an idiot, you see. Carry on.
Oh thank God I'm not the only one. I was so confused why I couldn't find it.

Salarians

TW3 Blood and Wine is really good so far. And the small, subtle improvements to the engine and visuals make it look incredibly beautiful.

I know I'm super LTTP on that one but I'm playing through Super Mario Galaxy for the first time and man... That game is great!

I love all the different and unique designs for the levels and the gameplay mechanics they use in there.

Great stuff!

I'm Jealous. You're in for a ride and guess what? 2 is even better. Like Rhythm Heaven, I always go back to these games from time to time. Always makes me damn happy. That fucking soundtrack, I think I'm going to play the game again soon.

If anyone is interested, the Ratchet and Clank movie is on Netflix streaming. I heard it was terrible, so this is a nice way to see it without feeling like I wasted my money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom