• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
So aside from Jeff heading to New York (possibly with Vinny, Dan, Alex) to the Nintendo event on Friday morning, will there be any coverage of the live event tomorrow night from the site?

StoveOven

Banned
So aside from Jeff heading to New York (possibly with Vinny, Dan, Alex) to the Nintendo event on Friday morning, will there be any coverage of the live event tomorrow night from the site?

No. It will be 11pm on the east coast and 8pm on the west coast. Also, the west coast office will just be Brad, Drew, Jason, and Rorie with Jeff being in New York.

TW3 Blood and Wine is really good so far. And the small, subtle improvements to the engine and visuals make it look incredibly beautiful.

It's kind of crazy how much better it looks alongside the already superb-looking OG. I've only played a few hours, but it was a noticeable improvement. Like, I'm not sure if it's just more lively, appealing colours (i.e. art direction), or huge technical improvements, or maybe a bit of both, but wowser!

TW3 can't stop being awesome.

Brashnir

that doesn't have a thing on Creampie for the Straight Guy

Jeff's interjection slays me

bDnPcxV.gif

Phediuk

6/24/2008 Bombcast

Jeff: "For me, GTA4 kinda furthers this notion of, like, 'can a game make you cry?' Like, that game is furthering the emotional impact of games."

Tagyhag

6/24/2008 Bombcast

Jeff: "For me, GTA4 kinda furthers this notion of, like, 'can a game make you cry?' Like, that game is furthering the emotional impact of games."

Yep, Jeff cried from GTA 4 but other games don't do anything for him.

That man turned to stone in the 2010's.

repeater

OF COURSE Rorie would insist on getting a Windows PC in the office to his ultimate detriment. :p

Also, unpopular
but correct
opinion: GTA4 was so much better than GTA5.

Xater

Gravity Rush to me is an interesting mechanic put into the most boring game design. The demo and this QL of the sequel just reconfirm that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah the combat got pretty repetitive. Hopefully they expanded the scope more.

Still love flying around that works though.

repeater

I just hope they've found a way to avoid the 'every battle becomes flying kick' thing
Judging from the demo, no. :/ In my book, all they had to do to turn Gravity Rush from a promising but flawed franchise into a great one was fix the combat. But it doesn't seem like they have, at all.

oti

Banned
Gravity Rush to me is an interesting mechanic put into the most boring game design. The demo and this QL of the sequel just reconfirm that.

I tried the game on Vita at some point and stopped after 15 minutes. The way this game controls feels wrong.

TW3 Blood and Wine is really good so far. And the small, subtle improvements to the engine and visuals make it look incredibly beautiful.

I'm excited to start this, was a bit fatigued on The Witcher when they first came out but picked up both the DLCs in holiday sales. I was a bit disappointed in Hearts of Stone after all the hype about its story, the ending was cool but up until that point it seemed really scattershot, like a random "greatest hits" collection of fun quest ideas that they then tried to string a story over. Still fun though.

The good thing about Hearts of Stone is that it's not about fighting or collecting at all. So if you're a little tired of that after finishing the game, this DLC is all about other things.

Ya that's true (greater than normal frequency of boss fights though). I appreciated the more focused structure of it for sure.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The good thing about Hearts of Stone is that it's not about fighting or collecting at all. So if you're a little tired of that after finishing the game, this DLC is all about other things.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I signed up for youtube red which is nice just due to offline viewing and no ads, but my god the youtube red originals they recommend to you look fucking terrible.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, yeah. About 95% of youtube is terrible.

Ya that's true (greater than normal frequency of boss fights though). I appreciated the more focused structure of it for sure.
I actually only remember one real boss fight:
The owner of the vault
, who else was there?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Is the "Coming Up" thing no longer showing regional time? Cause I know that Switch thing is at 5AM for me, it's showing as 8PM on GB though. Unless this isn't a live stream.

jaina

Are You a Good Switch or a Bad Switch?
LIVE SHOW ON JAN 13, 2017 08:00 PM

Is that streaming from a live event ?

Is the "Coming Up" thing no longer showing regional time? Cause I know that Switch thing is at 5AM for me, it's showing as 8PM on GB though. Unless this isn't a live stream.

The GB stream is NOT from a live event.
GB schedule still does the local time conversion, it's afternoon in NY, after everything happened.

So fellow CET folks are going to get up at 5am to watch the Japanese event stream with live translation. Then tune into the Treehouse stream at 3:30pm and afterwards listen to Giant Bomb's impressions at 8pm.

The GB stream is NOT from a live event.
GB schedule still does the local time conversion, it's afternoon in NY, after everything happened.

So this is a discussion of the day then? Like a special podcast? The event is 5am for me, and the live stream for GB at 8pm.

CET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom