• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Jeff said that he's travelling to NY to get hands on with the Switch at the end of this weeks bombcast IIRC, which is probably what the stream is referring to.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think they will just talk about the reveal and give their impressions from the local event. Not sure why it's such a mystery.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't think GB is in the business of rewatching old streams and reacting "naturally" to them.

Why does it have to be a "natural" reaction? Why would it be any different than the game tapes series? I imagine it would be beneficial to have the extra info he will get from the press event.

Reveal stream is in 15 hours, GB isn't talking over it. Tomorrow (Friday) there's a treehouse stream and a press event, they'll do something after the press event

For console launch events/announcements, has GB done segments with no video and just a round table discussion? Seems like a strange departure for them. I suspect there will be video. I'm just guessing that it's the Nintendo reveal.

oti

Banned
Why does it have to be a "natural" reaction? Why would it be any different than the game tapes series? I imagine it would be beneficial to have the extra info he will get from the press event.

oti xero was being sarcastic, i hope

This would be the first time of them doing it, wouldn't it? I just don't think they have any interest in doing that. They'll talk about the event, maybe they'll look at the separate youtube segments to show video or Jeff will capture stuff on his own during the event.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This would be the first time of them doing it, wouldn't it? I just don't think they have any interest in doing that. They'll talk about the event, maybe they'll look at the separate youtube segments to show video or Jeff will capture stuff on his own during the event.

Have they ever just watched Youtube clips instead of the reveal event? They'll have to talk over the reveal at some point. They may be saving it for Game Tapes.

LiK

I think they're really interested. I guess we'll see what Jeff has to say about it.

oti

Banned
I think they're really interested. I guess we'll see what Jeff has to say about it.

All I'm saying is they'll most likely do what they always do. Someone who attended the event (Jeff) and captured footage will talk with someone else (East Crew) about their (Jeff's) experience. Instead of watching the press conference stream.

6/24/2008 Bombcast

Jeff: "For me, GTA4 kinda furthers this notion of, like, 'can a game make you cry?' Like, that game is furthering the emotional impact of games."

I remember Jeff saying on a podcast that something in GTA IV "hit close to home". This has got to be why it made him cry, because I don't think this game would make anyone cry unless they had a personal connection with the story somehow.

LiK

All I'm saying is they'll most likely do what they always do. Someone who attended the event (Jeff) and captured footage will talk with someone else (East Crew) about their (Jeff's) experience. Instead of watching the press conference stream.

Yea, or maybe they'll play the stream archive this time. Should be good to have something they can comment on aside from Jeff being there.

convo

I am looking forward to what Austin and Patrick have to say about GR2 since they have some interest in the world from the first game.

repeater

I was always under the assumption that was it more of a platformer than it is just based off of the name, so I was really bummed when I finally saw the game in action.
I mean.. the movement, exploration, collecting orb-thingies and screwing around with gravity in the quirky environments were the best parts of the first game. It's just that you have to do quite a bit of tedious combat to unlock more of the city that brings it down.

daveo42

Banned
Gravity Rush 2 looks bad.

gravity-rush-3.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It wasn't until Gravity Rush 2 was announced that I found out the first game wasn't some sort of Bejewled ripoff. I just assumed based on the name.

Game looks really fun though, I feel like I'm dangerously close to buying a PS4 now that Microsoft is out of the business of releasing video games.

convo

I mean.. the movement, exploration, collecting orb-thingies and screwing around with gravity in the quirky environments were the best parts of the first game. It's just that you have to do quite a bit of tedious combat to unlock more of the city that brings it down.

I was pretty nice once you got enough power to blast from zone to zone in the first game. The combat besides some zones that restricted your powers wasn't that hard exactly, and those zones were actually fun to figure out.Racing challenges require a bit more skill and practice than i had at hand.
I'd like to see more of the world, it's definitly intriguing enough to want to see the story of the other characters.

jaina

First time seeing the video, but had no clue Vinny is the source for that Dark Souls gif. I still have a ton of stuff from the crew I haven't seen.
Heh, great that it's new to you. Did you get to Black Knight 2000 by youtube's related videos?

convo

East Coast should be doing the Yakuza 0 QL if they want to see some action they never got, but then who is gonna comment about all those old arcade games? Jeff would be playing too much of those. Torn on this.

jaina

East Coast should be doing the Yakuza 0 QL if they want to see some action they never got, but then who is gonna comment about all those old arcade games? Jeff would be playing too much of those. Torn on this.
Vinny and Dan have both owned arcade machines.
But still :/

convo

No need to QL a game they'll be doing a full playthrough of!

Well seeing is believing. Yakuza 0 needs to get shilled hard by people who don't need to be ashamed of it out of professional obligations. Buy that game over everything this month but this is a greater fight for the franchise in the west ,fans are only starting with this release.

SummitAve

Banned
I was hoping GR2 would be more Crackdown than Gravity Rush. Game looks great, but the character and controls in the demo just didn't do anything for my interests in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom