• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually pretty excited at the idea of having all Nintendo software on one device, now it just feels like Nintendo killed off the dedicated handheld for an idea that the market will want little to do with. This really is a successor to the WiiU and not the 3DS.

Salarians

ParallelEnviousIndochinahogdeer.gif

So far what we know
It costs to use their online multiplayer
The "free" games are monthly rentals
Voice chat through your phone
2-6 hour portable time
About ps3/360 style specs
32 gigs included

$300

Hmmm. I mean, the mario game looks neat?

Hah, they're making insane margins on those accessories. The dock probably costs a few dollars to make.

Yeah. Its funny that they touted the whole social aspect of playing with friends...but then they price the controllers at nearly $100 dollars. And itll cost you extra if you want to recharge them LOL

The Joy-Cons and dock don't actually cost $100 to make each. Just like a PS4 and Xbox One controller don't cost $60 to make. Accessories have always been a way to generate extra revenue.

I know they dont actually cost that. Just deducting the msrp to see how much it would cost to but the switch by itself.

Here's a dumb question that was probably answered months ago, is it a touch screen?

Capacitive touch and It wasn't actually official until the stream! I can't help but wonder if this wasn't positioned as an Android table that also does games if it wouldn't be getting received so poorly.

Megasoum

Banned
I feel like, in some ways, them getting super lucky with the Wii was probably the worst thing that could happen in the long run... They are completely delusional.

Capacitive touch and It wasn't actually official until the stream! I can't help but wonder if this wasn't positioned as an Android table that also does games if it wouldn't be getting received so poorly.

That tablet running Android would actually be a major upgrade

Ketch

It costs to use their online multiplayer
The "free" games are monthly rentals
Voice chat through your phone
2-6 hour portable time
About ps3/360 style specs
32 gigs included

$300

Real talk though:
Not gonna play Nintendo games online
Not gonna use voice chat on this thing
2-6 hours is what I get on my iPad
PS3/360 is probably more powerful then my iPad, idk.
I can fit a lot nes/snes games on 32 gigs

As someone who plays a lot of games in my iPad, the only thing the switch needs to do to win me over is have better games and better controls.

I would freely play $300 for a switch if it came with Zelda..... $360 for the switch plus game is harder to swallow.

I will probably be buying this as a replacement for gaming on my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom