• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Jintor

Real question and no spoilers please.
Is Persona 5 good? The 8-4 Play guys talked about it for like a week and that was it.

It's amazing but it's like persona 4; story and characters and style are what that game is about, so discussing it is difficult unless you're ready to go into spoilers.

The gameplay is fine but persona was never a game where you're like "man the press start system is awesome!!!!"

Oh my God, Jeff on Tokyo Drift is gonna be excellent.

Bout to dive into my favorite weekly podcast, THE BEASTCAST!

You guys have hyped this one up so I'm expecting greatness here.

*begins*

If you're tired of every new game being GOTY, take a breath. Mass Effect is the next big release.

Vinny will filibuster that shit for sure after the travesty of the XBOX Backwards Compatible award this past year. Yeah....Geometry Wars is such a better game than Mass Effect 2. Just because it was the only good XBLA game for a long time does not make it a great game. Don't get me wrong, it is great...better than Burnout Paradise, but it's nowhere near the level of perfection of Mass Effect 2.

ferunnico

Neo Member
Tokyo Drift definitely has an interesting style to it and cinematically it's probably the better movie, but I had a lot more fun with the first one.

I have to admit I kinda used to look down on movies like Fast & Furious and the people that enjoy them. But after watching Film & 40s, I now understand that (under the right circumstances) they can be just as entertaining as any other movie. I don't think I would enjoy them nearly as much if I was watching them on my own.

Also, holy shit at that ending! The discussion during the credits has made me even more excited for the rest of the series.

oti

Banned
Can someone please finally make Dan understand that his pronunciation of Epona is wrong? The way he says it makes zero sense. There are not two Ps.

It's the name of a virtual fantasy horse. Who cares. As long as he knows what sovereignty means and that Luxembourg is a place on earth, I'm good.

It's amazing but it's like persona 4; story and characters and style are what that game is about, so discussing it is difficult unless you're ready to go into spoilers.

The gameplay is fine but persona was never a game where you're like "man the press start system is awesome!!!!"

Makes it sound like it's" just another Persona" aka Brad Schussmaker gonna kill it during GOTY.

Anime lost.

All is good in the world.

Weetrick

I've heard good things about the recent Fast and Furious movies but I never wanted to get through the first few to catch up. I saw the first and didn't really like it. This is the perfect opportunity. Commentary all the way!

justjim89

Since Jason's probably been in more actual fights than anyone in League of Heels combined, I feel like he needs a character. He could be like an MMA dudebro in an affliction shirt and call himself Jason "The Ace Striker" Oestreicher. Bring him in to take down Dan.

Zebetite

Banned

I tell myself that the Press Turn system is awesome like, three times a week.

Saw this on instagram just now.

img_02666hupk.png

Also didnt Vin Diesel only agree to the cameo in Tokyo Drift in exchange for the rights to Riddick? And then came back for 4 because that totally didnt work out and a man has to eat.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Jeff seems to always be drawn to the most efficient/cheesy option, even at the cost of his own fun. I'm guessing it's probably a bad habit born from having to play too many games on a deadline.
I'd say that's pretty accurate. I remember him getting up to Rom the spider boss in Bloodborne and his cheesy tactics stopped working and therefore, stopped playing.

Top Bottom