• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Tubobutts

First they don't know the difference between a flail and a mace and now Alex is calling a dao a scimitar.

Vinny even has that SWORDS book and didn't correct him.

I really want a cross coast stream of Wildlands they mentioned to happen. Definitely has potential for some Vinny and co. chaotic tomfoolery.

daveo42

Banned
Man...maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn

Horizon is seriously great. I'm not even done with the game yet and I'd put it near the top of my best games this gen.

Mupod

I specialized in weapons with Majima, pretty much Slugger only the whole time. Having functionally infinite katana is pretty damn nice. Weapons have a lot of fun and powerful heat attacks as well, tonfas/crowbars have two depending on heat level for example.

And yeah shotguns of all kinds completely own Mr.Shakedown. I didn't use them because it made farming him too easy even on hard mode. I caved in and used one on a single fight near the end of the real estate storyline because holy shit that dude was nuts.
(Disco King)
Was listening to the bombcast and noticed that Brad said he bought the Wii U Zelda because he doesnt want anything else on Swtich, which is my predicament (well that... and the fact that im broke and cant buy a switch lol).

So with that said, does anyone know if that recent Zelda stream he did was from home, thus on his Wii U, or at the office on a switch?

Im debating just buying the Wii U version because I really want to play it, even with the shittier res and frame rate. It seemed fine on his stream tbh.

edit: nvm he JUST said it is the Wii U version at the start of the video (which apparently I missed the first time he said it)

I know you answered your own question but the Wii U version only seems to get really bad in towns. But oh god the Korok hometown is fucking dire.

There is some late-game stuff in Breath of the Wild that makes killing random mobs throughout the game absolutely worth it, especially for long-time Zelda fans.

Fireblend

Banned
Finished Yakuza yesterday, though I'm obviously nowhere near 100% completion (I think it sits at like 32%). What a great game; truly the first great game I've played from this year. There are so many cool moments I really want the East team to reach... too bad it will happen in 3 months at the clip they're going.

Anyway bring on Kiwami. I'm into this franchise for the long haul.

Meneses

Finished Yakuza yesterday, though I'm obviously nowhere near 100% completion (I think it sits at like 32%). What a great game; truly the first great game I've played from this year. There are so many cool moments I really want the East team to reach... too bad it will happen in 3 months at the clip they're going.

Anyway bring on Kiwami. I'm into this franchise for the long haul.

I finished it at around 70% completion.

Fantastic game, my favorite so far for sure. I even think Persona, which would've been the most likely candidate to surpass it, will have a hard time getting it off that spot.

So much fun.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just as Drew left.
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/579230

Mupod

They crafted a bat in spite of Majima having an entire fighting style dedicated to using a bat lol

it's a bit better damage than the default one, and the bat moveset is great. But yeah they should try out other weapons like crowbars if they haven't. Free DLC gives you a crazy strong one.

daveo42

Banned
We takin bets on if it's Patreon? It wouldn't surprise me... He does Alt+F1 with Danny and probably see's there's a market for high quality video game videos (and traveling maybe) and he's going to try and fill it.

I would be very surprised if it wasn't a patreon.

I'm in the Patreon camp, though i know a few here think otherwise. I'm only in that camp because he's striking out on his own and not going to another company to do whatever he is planning on doing. Unless Drew is now a secret millionare, I don't think he has the money to independently fund his dream project.

Hindl

Welcome to NY Dan enjoy your first nor'easter. We might get a Vinny basement stream tomorrow because were all going to be trapped inside.

Eh sounds like it's not supposed to start till tomorrow night, so I think we'll get one more office day. But I hope Vinny is like Brad and streams some Zelda. I need to see Vinny fucking around in that open world

Eh sounds like it's not supposed to start till tomorrow night, so I think we'll get one more office day. But I hope Vinny is like Brad and streams some Zelda. I need to see Vinny fucking around in that open world

It starts tonight until tuesday evening. I know because they cancelled deliveries at my job.

Tubobutts

It seems like it's the ideal Open World Vinny game.

Except for random NPC murder.

Hindl

It starts tonight until tuesday evening. I know because they cancelled deliveries at my job.

Oh alright. Here in Boston it doesn't start till tomorrow, so I just figured it was the same in NYC so guess I was mistaken

It seems like it's the ideal Open World Vinny game.

Except for random NPC murder.

Exactly. A Vinny/Dan collaboration would be amazing, except Dan pretty much knows everything already

Snow doesn't really cause a problem for me unless I have to drive. If I just have to walk then (as long as it's not 3 feet deep) it just makes me take a bit longer to get places.

repeater

Was Brad's Zelda stream very spoilerific? I'm tempted to watch and I'm not too sensitive about spoilers, but I probably won't get the game for 6 months or so and it seems like a game where the thrill of discovery is central.

Was Brad's Zelda stream very spoilerific? I'm tempted to watch and I'm not too sensitive about spoilers, but I probably won't get the game for 6 months or so and it seems like a game where the thrill of discovery is central.

Not very. You'll see some enemies and locations and one cutscene but thats about it.

It was all early game stuff of him just walking around and doing what he found.

Top Bottom