• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Whats Jeff Green up to these days?

Can they drag his butt in for a podcast again.

Also anyone at Gamespot left other then Peter Brown. I like Peter. Wouldnt mind if he was on the cast more TBH but also yeah... who the hell works at Gamespot these days?

jimreviewfuckery.jpg

gvmrfjhe.gif

I really like Zelda's character in botw, but having voiced cutscenes - however weird - really makes mute link seem even more like a psycho.

Hope they get a better voice director the next time around. Though I think individual performances are fine the real problem is that none of it seems to fit what's going on most of the time

Better casting and direction. Some of it is fine, but it's a shame that the most heard voice, Zelda (so far), is both miscast and the tone of the acting is off in most scenes. I'm liking the story and storytelling, but her VO in cutscenes takes me out of it a little. Watching comparisons with other languages, those seem quite a lot better.

Tagyhag

Rorie taking notes

And as always

Deer Deity2 years ago (edited)
Is it just me or does Brad seem depressed? He always comes off as real depressing to me and is almost never enthused in anything ever. It kinda brings down the whole video. Like even when he should be enthused about the game he's like sigh this game is awesome deep breath. Idk, he just seems sad all the time and its starting to irk me lately. I just feel like he should take a break or do something he's actually passionate about because his apathetic attitude is really starting to infect like, everything he's involved in. 

Things never change

Other than being incredibly British i really don't see what's wrong with zelda's vo.

It's not incredibly British, for one. The accents are all over the place. It's also totally artificial. Zelda and Mipha clearly raise their voice several pitches to sound girly and Rhoam clearly is a young dude doing an Old Man Anime voice. Also a lot of reads are just off, it's like they took the first take of everything. It's all pretty awful stuff for such a huge production. But some people don't have an ear for that and I kind of envy that. Wish I could let it not ruin just about any scene she's in.

Gurrry

I think when Dan and Alex mentioned theyre not continuing the Powerbomb cast but instead were going to do "something else thats pretty cool where we can talk about wrestling", they meant theyre gonna do Films and 40's: Wrasslin Edition.

I could totally see them watching either the latest PPV, or maybe some older ones and drinking and talking about the matches. It would be a great way to do it!

Megasoum

Banned
Just penetrated the dock with my Switch for the first time. 🤞for no scratches. 😬

I just had to unplug my Switch doc to emergency plug my work laptop which was at 3% battery so that I can continue doing overnight.

This is the most tragic thing I've seen in a while.

I think when Dan and Alex mentioned theyre not continuing the Powerbomb cast but instead were going to do "something else thats pretty cool where we can talk about wrestling", they meant theyre gonna do Films and 40's: Wrasslin Edition.

I could totally see them watching either the latest PPV, or maybe some older ones and drinking and talking about the matches. It would be a great way to do it!

This would be so amazing.

Hindl

Man that fight at the end of Brad's Breath of the wild stream was fantastic. When that
Lynel
joined in it was hilarious

Remember We Happy Few?

I honestly haven't spent a lot of time playing it, but at the very least, I can say that of all the Kickstarters I've backed - and there have been far too many - WHF has been far and away the most consistent about providing regular updates to backers, which is pretty awesome.

Had a lazy Sunday. Fell into a Youtube hole with all the Quick Looks for the various game shows and game show likes (aka Jeopardy, Buzz!, etc.). Still some of the greatest and underrated #content.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was listening to the bombcast and noticed that Brad said he bought the Wii U Zelda because he doesnt want anything else on Swtich, which is my predicament (well that... and the fact that im broke and cant buy a switch lol).

So with that said, does anyone know if that recent Zelda stream he did was from home, thus on his Wii U, or at the office on a switch?

Im debating just buying the Wii U version because I really want to play it, even with the shittier res and frame rate. It seemed fine on his stream tbh.

edit: nvm he JUST said it is the Wii U version at the start of the video (which apparently I missed the first time he said it)

Nerokis

Had a lazy Sunday. Fell into a Youtube hole with all the Quick Looks for the various game shows and game show likes (aka Jeopardy, Buzz!, etc.). Still some of the greatest and underrated #content.

I also had a lazy Sunday, and at some point I found myself tempted to start rewatching the Shenmue ER. I don't get why, considering I had a pretty minimal conception of what Shenmue even was before I watched the ER, but Shenmue registers as a nostalgic thing whenever I think about it now. I miss that world, and watching Vinny suffer through it.

Is this just what an ER does to you? Do people feel the same way about the Persona 4 one? :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well i played the game, so not in the same way, but i love the guy's playthrough of it. Must have watched the p4 er at least 3 times now.

FluxWaveZ

Is this just what an ER does to you? Do people feel the same way about the Persona 4 one? :p

More strongly for the P4 one because of a variety of reasons. One of them being that a new episode was released every weekday, so discussion on the series was regular and active throughout the lengthy duration of the run.

justjim89

Fuck, I want this so bad.

I would start watching wrestling again if this happened.
And also only if Jeff was on.

Was listening to the bombcast and noticed that Brad said he bought the Wii U Zelda because he doesnt want anything else on Swtich, which is my predicament (well that... and the fact that im broke and cant buy a switch lol).

So with that said, does anyone know if that recent Zelda stream he did was from home, thus on his Wii U, or at the office on a switch?

Im debating just buying the Wii U version because I really want to play it, even with the shittier res and frame rate. It seemed fine on his stream tbh.

edit: nvm he JUST said it is the Wii U version at the start of the video (which apparently I missed the first time he said it)

I can't speak to the Wii U Version specifically, but the technical complaints I've heard about Zelda are way overblown, it looks nice and the framerate seems totally fine

Top Bottom