• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Kong was really good. I was surprised.

That Dunkirk trailer in IMAX doe. Incredible.

it made me slightly more interested in the movie. that first trailer tho looked a little too antiseptic and dull for taking place during WW2.

Lunar FC

it made me slightly more interested in the movie. that first trailer tho looked a little too antiseptic and dull for taking place during WW2.

I actively try to avoid trailers so I hadnt seen anything since the teaser. But gah damn that one was guud. 😬

killroy87

Yeesh. Mass Effect looks like a hard pass until theres a drought. I was expecting it to push other games out of the way for my attention, but it's looking rough as hell. I'll grab it cheap in the summer, maybe by then some patches will have some effect.

Lunar FC

Kong's director is or is in talks to be the Metal Gear Solid movie director. And dude surprisingly knows his games. He cited Shadow of the Colossus as an inspiration for the movie.

First time I read this I thought you said he took Shadow of the Colossus as inspiration for an MGS film and was very confused. 😅

Making a not terrible Metal Gear Solid film will be extremely difficult.

J_Viper

Cd Keys refunded my Mass Effect pre-order.

Talk about dodging a fucking bullet.

Now I'm really hoping Nier is an okay PC port

Hindl

First time I read this I thought you said he took Shadow of the Colossus as inspiration for an MGS film and was very confused. 😅

Making a not terrible Metal Gear Solid film will be extremely difficult.

It seems impossible to fit all of that into a movie. It needs like a miniseries

KingKong

I just dont understand how they did the faces. Its not just that theyre bad, theyre nothing what people actually look like when they talk

BearPawB

Banned
I played the trial for a bit and enjoyed it more playing it than watching it.

The animations are reallly realllly bad. But I have enjoyed the set up and the world

I finished the trial. I could see myself playing it at a heavily discounted price or Redboxing it.
The MP is fun but moving around is janky as hell.

justjim89

Mass Effect was a mistake. Space is bad. They should just make Dragon Age games.

Don't mind me. I'm close to finishing Origins for the first time.

45min into this ME video and man.......this looks awful. Like WTF Bioware. Is this bad writing/voice direction/voice acting/animation or all of the above?

Fuck!

Mr. F

Banned
45min into this ME video and man.......this looks awful. Like WTF Bioware. Is this bad writing/voice direction/voice acting/animation or all of the above?

Fuck!

I like how Brad flips as soon as Jeff calls out the faces lol.

Rorie; chat asking if you've seen any wonkiness with animation

Brad; watch the stream and see for yourself?

Jeff; man these faces

Brad; yeahhhhhh they're not great

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Jeff; man these faces

Brad was just telling chat to keep watching....no flip. No FLIP!

killroy87

Jeff; man these faces

Chat is the thing I feel like Rorie is the only one who cares about it. I really respect his gumption for being the audience surrogate, but the other guys are clearly not into fielding a bunch of granular audience questions. That goes for things like UPF too

Dineren

Banned
Chat is the thing I feel like Rorie is the only one who cares about it. I really respect his gumption for being the audience surrogate, but the other guys are clearly not into fielding a bunch of granular audience questions. That goes for things like UPF too

Yeah, he sometimes goes overboard throwing questions at them (especially when he interrupts someone else to do it), but I'm glad he tries. There isn't much point of a livestream if you don't interact with the audience at all. You might as well just throw up a prerecorded video and call it live.

killroy87

Yeah, he sometimes goes overboard throwing questions at them (especially when he interrupts someone else to do it), but I'm glad he tries. There isn't much point of a livestream if you don't interact with the audience at all. You might as well just throw up a prerecorded video and call it live.

I'm sure the crew gets way more mileage out of UPF views after it airs than the live concurrents. UPF might be a livestream, but that's only a bullet point so they can create more content for the site. If there was a rock solid idea for revamping UPF without it being live, I'm sure theyd be all ears.

I'm slowly realizing Titanfall 2 is the only EA game I cared about in years. After Mirror's Edge 2 and how Mass Effect is turning out, I don't know how to feel about their Skate 4 #skate4.

Mr. F

Banned

I have found it kind of funny how limited GB's audience interaction in general is considering the subscription nature of the site. There seems to be a very clear separation versus other personality-driven sites with paying audiences that have popped up.

Not that I really care one way or the other as I'm never in chat myself, just kind of feels like they've increasingly kept user interaction at arm's length since the whiskey days (although maybe starting to roll back a bit now that there are call in shows).

killroy87

I have found it kind of funny how limited GB's audience interaction in general is considering the subscription nature of the site. There seems to be a very clear separation versus other personality-driven sites with paying audiences that have popped up.

Not that I really care one way or the other as I'm never in chat myself, just kind of feels like they've increasingly kept user interaction at arm's length since the whiskey days (although maybe starting to roll back a bit now that there are call in shows).
In all honesty, it's one of my favourite aspects of the site. I'm there to watch them. The audience interaction is always at it's best when its curated (emails, jar time). Once you get into just fielding questions, such as PAX Panels or taking calls, the content turns rough real quick.

Mr. F

Banned
In all honesty, it's one of my favourite aspects of the site. I'm there to watch them. The audience interaction is always at it's best when its curated (emails, jar time). Once you get into just fielding questions, such as PAX Panels or taking calls, the content turns rough real quick.

I happen to agree. just kind of struck me how Rorie is the lone conduit typically, haha.

Dany

Banned
WHAT is with the pop in on the PS4-pro. Literally occurs when the camera moves between characters in cut-scenes??

It is so frequent it gives Mass Effect 1 a run for its money. C'mon bioware.

Huh, I never thought of this way but it's true.

Rorie, in 0-AD, is now Secret Best Duder.

commissar

Can someone please tell the bombcast dudes you can drop weapons in Zelda by throwing them.

All you need is the quickmenu and R and you'll easily loot any chest

Jintor

Can someone please tell the bombcast dudes you can drop weapons in Zelda by throwing them.

All you need is the quickmenu and R and you'll easily loot any chest

not shields and not bows and brad offered it as a defence the first time and honestly... as someone who's played a lot of BoTW over the last two weeks... throwing shit is too fucking slow

derFeef

I am bummed out about Mass Effect. How can this be so bad. How can there be no interesting characters. How can the story be so uninteresting and cliche. And so on.

robotrock

Banned
If I were in the Mass Effect Andromeda world i would kill myself because I was surrounded by janky, nightmare people.

image.php

oti

Banned
I am bummed out about Mass Effect. How can this be so bad. How can there be no interesting characters. How can the story be so uninteresting and cliche. And so on.

I'm wondering what the gell is going on at EA.

Remember Mirror's Edge? It was a huge announcement of a passion project. Its release? Nothing. It just came out like that.

Mass Effect? One of the tent pole IPs in EA's portfolio? Super odd marketing strategy and the game seems janky and soulless.

What happened? Battlefield and FIFA Ultimate Team Booster Packs is all EA is nowadays or what.

Xater

Did Bioware like loose all their animation artists in the last 10 years? The original Mass Effect has way more natural facial animation.

5qOu2Zd

Hasney

I'm wondering what the gell is going on at EA.

Remember Mirror's Edge? It was a huge announcement of a passion project. Its release? Nothing. It just came out like that.

Mass Effect? One of the tent pole IPs in EZA's portfolio? Super odd marketing strategy and the game seems janky and soulless.

What happened? Battlefield and FIFA Ultimate Team Booster Packs is all EA is nowadays or what.

Then when a partner makes a decent game like Titanfall 2, it just gets shitted out right next to one of their few tentpoles and a Call of Duty.

Top Bottom