• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Atilac

The over under on these observers protecting tomes of reapers? and the Kett are actually trying to prevent their awakening?

Strimei

Thanks!

They wasted so much potential by just dumping familiar alien races into this whole new galaxy. It's stupid.

That's been probably my biggest gripe about the game. The one thing that had me hyped was seeing many new aliens. And instead we get Kett and whatever the other one is (Angara?), neither of which seem alien. You could have had either race walking in the Citadel and I wouldn't go "the hell are you supposed to be?" When you are being out-aliened by vorcha, that is a big problem.

(Also I remember the Kett initially being described as "sci-fi tech golems" and I envisioned something a lot cooler than that drab thing)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of wish games explored intelligent alien races that aren't just humans who look different.

My favourite alien race ever described were the hoolovoo, who are a super-intelligent shade of blue.
Yeah, that's what I mean by wasted potential. They had all the freedom in the world with this one. They don't even have Earth and only a handful of humans. They could've gone wild with it.

They wasted so much potential by just dumping familiar alien races into this whole new galaxy. It's stupid.

The road leading up to Andromeda, I began to slowly come to terms that there aren't going to be many new races in this installment. I'm hoping that we see more than the 2 other new races that they've shown later in the game, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Story wise, I understand why the Milky Way races are featured, but still...

Chumley

Banned
looks like they spent way too much time on the combat and not anything else

almost like the combat is core to the mp and the mp is a way of selling loot boxes :thinking:

Yep.

Story, characters, and atmosphere are the most important thing to me in these games so I'm sorely tempted to cancel my pre-order based on what I saw of that earlier in the stream. I got it for like $38 on CDkeys though so I'm going to follow through on this shit, for better or worse.

Salarians

C6_kp-6WcAAetlQ

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's good the Power Rangers stream thing is going on.

Because it's a good comparison piece for the writing quality on this thing

Catvoca

Banned
Mass Effect could have used some extra calibrations am I right? Maybe some of those reporters who gave it postive impressions should be head butted! Hey, I'm commander Shepard and this is not my favourite game on the citadel!

I hate this game almost as much as I hate myself

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Mass Effect could have used some extra calibrations am I right? Maybe some of those reporters who gave it postive impressions should be head butted! Hey, I'm commander Shepard and this is not my favourite game on the citadel!

I hate this game almost as much as I hate myself

Hi, I'm the Pathfinder. I find paths.

Joeku

No.

The characters and the story are what makes or breaks it beyond anything else, at least for most of the fans. It's always been a character driven series.

That said, for how good it was and how monetized it became, I'm surprised ME3's MP never released as a F2P or very cheap standalone thing after the fact.

Has putting a company's B team on a major game iteration ever worked? Arkham Origins tanked, 343 has sorta disappointed with Halo, Gears of War:Baird edition wasn't great...

J_Viper

Man, for a mass effect game?

That's the make or break?

No.

The characters and the story are what makes or breaks it beyond anything else, at least for most of the fans. It's always been a character driven series.

I say that because it looks like they could have completely dropped the ball in the single-player portion, so I at least hope the MP is okay.

ME3 MP was actually a great time, probably the best spin on Horde Mode.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Has putting a company's B team on a major game iteration ever worked? Arkham Origins tanked, 343 has sorta disappointed with Halo, Gears of War:Baird edition wasn't great...

What about God of War Ascension though? Everybody's favorite God of War game

I hear the PSP games are solid though

Bioware's last three games range from mediocre to awful, so I'm surprised that everyone's all nonplussed over how shitty Andromeda looks.

What about God of War Ascension though? Everybody's favorite God of War game

I hear the PSP games are solid though

Ghost of Sparta is really good. I think it's the second best game in the series. Chains of Olympus isn't bad either.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really though, pathfinder sounds like some good ol' space magic.

Shouldn't computers of the future be better at finding out if a planet in inhabitable?

Top Bottom