• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Andromeda is pretty much just a competent third person shooter at this point, but I am loving the metagame of "What emotion did somebody think this animation represents?"

It's the best investigative/mystery game since LA Noire.

Salarians

Vinny got through Dragon Age 2

he survived that game, he can survive this.
I don't know.

DA2 was a disappointment but it still had some good ideas and moments underneath it all. It was also made in about 14 months so its issues were a little more forgivable.

Wait someone in the jank thread said Bioware Montreal is the Army of Two team, just rebranded? Holy shit if that's true everything makes sense now.

Catvoca

Banned
I think the more you like Mass Effect, the more devastated you are about Andromeda. Right?

Yeah. I have similar feelings to Vinny with ME and I am so bummed out at what I'm seeing. I haven't played it so maybe (hopefully) that'll change but I'm gutted. I imagine if the game is as bad as it looks Vinny will be pissed. Some people seem to like it though so we'll see, it could be alright. Saw some IGN dude saying how much he loves it on twitter, and how it gets better as it goes along. It's hard to look past these faces though. I mean look at this idle animation.

9JbO9w0.gif

robotrock

Banned
I'm only a few hours in, but outside of really bad animation jank and human character models, I don't think this game is a bad Mass Effect game. It has been a while since I messed around with the original trilogy though but the opening hours of this feel about on par with those. Probably fair if you expected way more from this game though.

Story set up is pretty uninteresting so far. Dialogue and character interactions on the ship seem totally OK with me, reminds me way more like a Telltale game though.
Yeah. I have similar feelings to Vinny with ME and I am so bummed out at what I'm seeing. I haven't played it so maybe (hopefully) that'll change but I'm gutted. I imagine if the game is as bad as it looks Vinny will be pissed. Some people seem to like it though so we'll see, it could be alright. Saw some IGN dude saying how much he loves it on twitter, and how it gets better as it goes along. It's hard to look past these faces though. I mean look at this idle animation.

9JbO9w0.gif

Yeah lol that gif is kind of amazing. Peebee has been better than I expected her to be so far. I'll have to watch the GB stream at some point.

I got no shortage of respect for Vinny, but I just don't understand the love for the Mass Effect series. I only played 1 and 2. The first was average at best, and the second was worse.

I haven't played the third one but my favorite is the second game by far. While I know it strayed far from its RPG roots, I feel the journey was alot more meaningful thanks in part to the loyalty missions and awesome characters like the illusive Man for one.

justjim89

You could feel Vinny's pain over Mass Effect 2 being cut. Hell, it was a lot better of a pick than Geometry Wars or Burnout,but no one dares to question the games Brad and Jeff love.

I even enjoyed ME2, and I hate space stuff.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I see the logic that if anyone's playing ME2 again, it's on the PC and not an xbox one.

The PC version wasn't even that good of a port though. Aside from requiring Bioware points ( whatever the fuck those are) to buy DLC, it also doesn't have native controller support.

It's also a poor game and shouldn't have been up for the award for that reason, but their arguments unfortunately didn't consist of "It's a bland corridor shooter with a nonexistent story and boring generic angsty characters"

Joeku

The Batman DLC thing always sticks out in my mind. There are probably more recent examples though (like the Pewdiepie thing).

It still bugs me, and I haven't listen to the clip to see whether I misremember, that GB didn't actually bring up what this actually became: Warner got what it wanted, Gamestop still gets to sell it used on Warner's back (who knows how much they kicked up), but we all still had to deal with the Catwoman DLC and downloading that either way (so if your system wasn't online you just didn't get that part of the game). At that point it should have just been on the goddamn disc but the solution was so roundabout.

This was in the heyday of online passes, right? Just the single-player version.

Speaking of Mass Effect, fuck Javik being behind the Collector's Edition, too.

Xater

You could feel Vinny's pain over Mass Effect 2 being cut. Hell, it was a lot better of a pick than Geometry Wars or Burnout,but no one dares to question the games Brad and Jeff love.

I even enjoyed ME2, and I hate space stuff.

Burnout Paradise is always the right pick. Hell I'd play it for a third time right now if it was on PS4. What an amazing game.

Joeku

Hot take: Burnout Paradise is a pretty decent video game that has the reputation it does at GB because Jeff played it at a very tumultuous time in his life and it thus left more of an impact, then everyone else Jeff worked with began to echo his opinion because they're suggestible like that.

FTFY

Tagyhag

i don't know if it is bad,
but it is my least favorite burnout game by a mile

Yep, it's definitely because I didn't play it online and with friends, but the other games are much MUCH better single player games.

Also, it made me take out Paradise City out of my song library.

Catvoca

Banned
Yep, it's definitely because I didn't play it online and with friends, but the other games are much MUCH better single player games.

Also, it made me take out Paradise City out of my song library.

Yeah, its singleplayer is boring as hell compared to other Burnout games.

Top Bottom