• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Hindl

Really though, what is it with Alex's insistence on doing a series from beginning to end before they've even started the first one? That's a commitment that you just shouldn't make

Lunar FC

Really though, what is it with Alex's insistence on doing a series from beginning to end before they've even started the first one? That's a commitment that you just shouldn't make

Seriously. The thought of 5 more boring Yakuza games is putting me in a depression.

robotrock

Banned
oh god they never continued mario 2 did they

my heart

edit:

Lunar your yakuza hate makes no sense to me. I think you had a solid argument about how you don't like watching them because they lack English voices and so you have to focus 100% on the video when watching, but then you suggested them dropping it for night in the woods which has no voice acting whatsoever, so you'd be doing the same thing

I use stasis a ton now that
I can use it on enemies. It makes a lot of fights trivial since if you're outmatched you can just play stay away, stasis them, get in a bunch of whacks, run back out. That's how I beat the electric arrow guy that Jeff was complaining about.

Hindl

I can use it on enemies. It makes a lot of fights trivial since if you're outmatched you can just play stay away, stasis them, get in a bunch of whacks, run back out. That's how I beat the electric arrow guy that Jeff was complaining about.

Lynels
telegraph their attacks so much, I'm not sure why people have difficulty with them. Yeah they have a lot of health, but you just wait and flurry rush them to death. And you can also shoot them with an arrow in a spot to crit and stun them

Ashby

I've been able to do this for a long time and I haven't done it once. Gotta add that into my repertoire.

robotrock

Banned
Not going to be able to wait til next week, watching fast five w/out commentary tonight

I think that's supposed to be the starting point of when they become actually good anyways. I needed the GBeast commentary track to finally get through the first four but I'll probably just enjoy the last three on their own, and come back to them with the GB commentary track soon.

I've been able to do this for a long time and I haven't done it once. Gotta add that into my repertoire.

No idea if it's a spoiler so i'll just be safe.
When you use it on enemies it breaks much faster, so only use it when you're close. I think getting in a hit extends the length of it so once you stasis them immediately start hitting them, otherwise it'll break before you can even close the gap. It's incredibly potent though.

I think that's supposed to be the starting point of when they become actually good anyways. I needed the GBeast commentary track to finally get through the first four but I'll probably just enjoy the last three on their own, and come back to them with the GB commentary track soon.

Oh I've seen it many many times already

Xater

Re-watching the fourth film probably improved my opinion on it. I am still not with Dan or Vinny on it bring better than Tokyo Drift.

Funko Pops are so cheap I can't be mad at them.

I'm not sure why their popularity pisses so many off.
I get not wanting to buy them. But the anger I just don't understand

Seriously, in this thread on top of that. Like come on, they're collectables, relatively cheap collectibles. It's easy to understand why so many people have them, thats not a reason to seemingly come off as angry at a series of toys. I'm sure the people "pissed off" got a set of pokemon cards or pogs or some other useless item that the same can be said for.

Fast Five is the best of the F&Fs. It has the bombastic action of 6 and 7, while still retaining the heist feel of the first one. 6 and 7 basically turn into superhero movies.

Xater

Fast Five is the best of the F&Fs. It has the bombastic action of 6 and 7, while still retaining the heist feel of the first one. 6 and 7 basically turn into superhero movies.

5 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 2

The opening if 7 is amazing and one of the best franchise moments,

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
On 3/6 he tweeted that they'd know in about 10 days. So...any day now.

edit: I missed the first few hours of the stream as well. What's pissing Dan off about NYC?

The official rules said that the winner would be announced "around 3/16." Apparently they email the winner first, and they have like 48 hours to get the documents signed and accept the prize. Considering I haven't heard from them, I'm not holding my breath.

Nothing is pissing me off about NYC. This city is the best. I just mentioned that I'm starting to understand the "I'm walkin' here!" stereotype because I've gotten annoyed at tourists, slow-walkers, and people checking their phones on the sidewalk while I'm trying to walk to a subway station or work or whatever.

LiK

The official rules said that the winner would be announced "around 3/16." Apparently they email the winner first, and they have like 48 hours to get the documents signed and accept the prize. Considering I haven't heard from them, I'm not holding my breath.

Nothing is pissing me off about NYC. This city is the best. I just mentioned that I'm starting to understand the "I'm walkin' here!" stereotype because I've gotten annoyed at tourists, slow-walkers, and people checking their phones on the sidewalk while I'm trying to walk to a subway station or work or whatever.

Good man. Always get annoyed with tourists. That's how us city folks live.

Curufinwe

Alex doesn't play the game well, pretty much abuses all the unsaid rules they have for old game features, and after about 10 minutes of every video they stop paying attention to the nothing happening and it turns into a boring podcast lite

Shut it down

How can they not see that this feature sucks. Just play Yakuza 0 some more.

Thank fuck, they're taking a break from Megaman
(hopefully a permanent break...)
to do Playdates

Oh thank god.

robotrock

Banned
Honestly, for the next few Fast and the Furious movies after five, just record the Austin laugh and play it any time a cool action moment has it. Please.

Ahhh, yes. The best part about NYC commuting. Have you been on the stairs behind a slow walker while your train is waiting at the subway platform with the doors open? That's the best. Glad you're enjoying the city overall.

Also good luck with the wedding dude, we're pulling for you.

Fast Five is one of the best action movies of the past decade.

And reading this thread about a psycho who built a fake Ellen show, I'm starting to wonder how crazy you lot are if you haven't built a fake UPF with lookalikes yet. How can you call yourselves Giant Bomb fans.

ev0

Ahhh, yes. The best part about NYC commuting. Have you been on the stairs behind a slow walker while your train is waiting at the subway platform with the doors open? That's the best. Glad you're enjoying the city overall.

Also good luck with the wedding dude, we're pulling for you.

Just yesterday I got irrationally angry because I missed my train bc two slow asses were taking their time walking down the stairs and the didnt give a fuck that the train was right there, doors open and people were trying to get to it.

And the train even sat there long enough that I wouldnt even had had to run to get to it, could have walked normal speed, but these people were just that slow.

Just yesterday I got irrationally angry because I missed my train bc two slow asses were taking their time walking down the stairs and the didnt give a fuck that the train was right there, doors open and people were trying to get to it.

And the train even sat there long enough that I wouldnt even had had to run to get to it, could have walked normal speed, but these people were just that slow.

It's the only thing that caused me to snap at another stranger once. Was late for a meeting, she had headphones in and didn't see the train, I got onto the platform, got my arm in the door, and they didn't reopen them. I was....mad.

Top Bottom