• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Knowing them it probably wouldn't be replaced immediately, but I can't imagine it's a "bad content or no content" situation.

Yeah. I think it's just become a weekly staple for them. It's been running for so long now that they probably don't want to cancel for fear of losing subscribers. But hey, once in a while we get a great one so I'm for keeping it going.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
he will try and he will fail
I hope not. Zelda is great and all but severely lacking in story and motivation. It's scratching an itch that Horizon had covered but is still less than the total sum of parts that makes up Horizon.

dppp7KA.jpg

The GOTY pod when Jeff forces Horizon over Zelda is going to melt message boards.
I can see it now...

Brad: It's BotW.

[several others agree]

Jeff: Ahhh, man... I dunno. Horizon is pree-eety good.

Jason: Yeah, you can shoot shit and stuff.

Jeff: There isn't another game this year that [had numbers go up so much]. Don't get me wrong, BotW does some incredible stuff, but there's just too many issues for it to be the top game of the year. The durability, the inventory, the--

Vinny: Yeah, Zelda isn't perfect--and remember, all of these games are great--but there's just something special about it. Horizon is amazing, but Zelda...!

Dan: Yeah!

[several others agree]

Dan: There's no other game that just lets you be such a cool dude doing cool dude stuff!

Brad: It's BotW.

Unnamed New Hire: [serious] It's Mass Effect: Andromeda.

[Laughter]

Jeff: Well I don't agree but if that's how you all feel I guess we should go with BotW.

[The discussion goes on.]

[In the final tally, BotW takes top spot, Shadow of Wardor is second, and Horizon is third.]

GotY is a strange and mysterious journey.

Mr. F

Banned
Y'all can have your pie in the sky GOTY dreams, I'll be over here quietly hoping more people than just Alex actually play the games up for consideration

killroy87

Old Bombcast question: There was an email where the guy just straight up called Jeff by the wrong name. Brad was reading the email, and all was fine until he read a sentence that was clearly referring to Jeff, but it was just a wrong name altogether. Jeff rolled with it, and answered the question as that person.

Does anyone remember what the name was? Even better, does anyone know if that clip is on youtube?

K.Sabot

Old Bombcast question: There was an email where the guy just straight up called Jeff by the wrong name. Brad was reading the email, and all was fine until he read a sentence that was clearly referring to Jeff, but it was just a wrong name altogether. Jeff rolled with it, and answered the question as that person.

Does anyone remember what the name was? Even better, does anyone know if that clip is on youtube?

Brett I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DreeADQxVek

hamchan

so what was the deal with Sagawa

was I supposed to like him by the end of it (because I kinda did)

I dunno. He seemed like an asshole villain for the whole story who would eventually get his comeuppance. Instead he acts like he was your bro this whole journey and Majima thanks him what.

Wunder

I dunno. He seemed like an asshole villain for the whole story who would eventually get his comeuppance. Instead he acts like he was your bro this whole journey and Majima thanks him what.

yeah seriously wtf dude killed your bro and was about to kill you

Kimaka

He kinda acted like an abusive dad towards Majima. I was glad that he got his.

I hope not. Zelda is great and all but severely lacking in story and motivation. It's scratching an itch that Horizon had covered but is still less than the total sum of parts that makes up Horizon.

The Zelda story is less than, I'll give you that. But the way in which the narrative is told (piecing these memories together from your own sense of the world) is definitely original, and just one of the many things that sets the game apart from others like it

Zocano

I feel like his point was to try and push Majima into being more yakuza and, while Majima tries to push back, Majima ultimately falls right into the kind of person Sagawa was trying to groom.

Jintor

Honestly I think that Zelda makes me want to keep going even though the story is very simplistic is a testament to its systemic power

Erekiddo

Having just finished Yakuza 0, now I feel that feature as a weekly feature is going to take fucking forever. It should be more frequent.

Zocano

Having just finished Yakuza 0, now I feel that feature as a weekly feature is going to take fucking forever. It should be more frequent.

Yep. I've been thinking this since episode 1. The yakuza games are mammoths and with them actually spending episodes at a time on substories this will take half a year per game at this rate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sagawa's the best. Especially if you know Majima's character for the rest of the series. I thought Majima's storyline was way, way better than Kiryu's

Top Bottom