• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Kuusoge

I'm just going to say my piece about Nier Automata because I know most of you haven't played it but it deserves to be talked about
It's great that Alex is getting into it and talks about it on the beastcast. Even after having played most of the major releases this year, it's my favorite game of the year so far. It's a shame it's probably going to fall by the wayside during the end of the year discussions. I feel that it's going to be one of those games that none of the staff (except Alex and Jason) ends up finishing due to it being overshadowed by bigger name titles that are came out around the same time, like Horizon and Zelda. I can see Alex and Jason bringing Nier up, but then it will get quickly dismissed. Hopefully I'm wrong, because it's an amazing game.

imBask

Banned
It's march and Nier, alongside almost any other game that'll come out in 2017, can already forget about winning GOTY anyway

TraBuch

Banned
Guys. I don't know what $40 game to get for my switch, I am setsuna or binding of Isaac.
The Binding of Isaac is $40? The fuck? Seriously? I mean, sure, I've put more hours into that game than most other games I've ever played, I'm sure that I'm literally passed the thousand hour mark, but holy shit is that pricey.

I'd still buy it, though.

Teddified

Just finished Horizon at 54 hrs(platinum) and it's a great game. Now I have to decide what to do to pass time until Persona 5 comes out. Don't really want to start anything too big hmmm.

Kuusoge

Are there any more videos, like the final drew upf, the goty 2016 special, or game tapes, where they look back at their previous work or old b-roll/conferences?

dont_like_my_driving_bumper_sticker-rc6c3a74f7f274d7baeae2d4e2a5518e8_v9wht_8byvr_540.jpg

Jintor

I don't want to talk too much shit about horizon because honestly I'm very curious about its premise and world.

But I won't have a PS4 for months, I think, so I won't really be able to talk about it for ages...

Zocano

Horizon fills a neat hole that I feel Breath of the Wild had: engaging combat that demands a bit more thought out of you. And they give you at least a fair amount of tools to have fun with. I felt Breath of the Wild was sorta just you have to make your own fun but it just feels like trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

This is on top of actually having a story and characters that have actual arcs.

LiK

I don't want to talk too much shit about horizon because honestly I'm very curious about its premise and world.

But I won't have a PS4 for months, I think, so I won't really be able to talk about it for ages...

Join us soon. Awesome game.

LowRoller

I started playing it after I took a break from Zelda, and it's pretty amazing. I was skeptical because I usually don't like fighting mechanical enemies in games, but guerrilla nailed it. Plus ashley burch (chloe from LIS ) voices the main character.

killroy87

The Binding of Isaac is $40? The fuck? Seriously? I mean, sure, I've put more hours into that game than most other games I've ever played, I'm sure that I'm literally passed the thousand hour mark, but holy shit is that pricey.
This quote could inspire a Waypoint piece about how weird our value perceptions of videogames can be

Anjin M

Finally beat Yakuza 0 a couple nights ago (53:46, 36.36%) and that game was amazing, start to finish. Absolute GOTY contender for me. On to Persona! (And then on to Kiwami [whenever that comes out] because Persona is going to take that long...)

This game seems pretty terrible.
I appreciate that BioWare is supporting my decision not to buy another Mass Effect ever.

The Foundation series is probably my favorite series ever. That's some good shit.
I've only read the first Foundation but it was really good. I'd put it up there with Dune and Speaker for the Dead as among my favorite classic sci-fi books
Oh man, you gotta read the others. It only gets better imo.
You'd better mean just the trilogy, TharpDaddy, or you are a terrible person.

Hot take: driving has never been fun in any video game, and racing games are a waste of time, effort, and money.
The only racing game I've put an extended amount of time into was Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed. The evolution mode in that game was a lot of fun.

Paw patrol is pretty lame.
I've had to put up with some pretty bad kids shows over the last couple years. My least favorite has to be Lalaloopsy. That show is just vapid. (My wife chimed in with Masha And Bear. The girl's laugh drives her crazy.)

Giantbomb has gotten me through some tough times.
Giant Bomb and this thread, sad as that sounds.

Ketch

Finally beat Yakuza 0 a couple nights ago (53:46, 36.36%) and that game was amazing, start to finish. Absolute GOTY contender for me. On to Persona! (And then on to Kiwami [whenever that comes out] because Persona is going to take that long...)

I appreciate that BioWare is supporting my decision not to buy another Mass Effect ever.

You'd better mean just the trilogy, TharpDaddy, or you are a terrible person.

The only racing game I've put an extended amount of time into was Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed. The evolution mode in that game was a lot of fun.

I've had to put up with some pretty bad kids shows over the last couple years. My least favorite has to be Lalaloopsy. That show is just vapid. (My wife chimed in with Masha And Bear. The girl's laugh drives her crazy.)

Giant Bomb and this thread, sad as that sounds.

Ughhhhhh you saying misha and bear seriously just sent a chill down my spine. FUCK that show. Doesn't help that there's only like 5 episodes. Damnit now I'm just angry.

Reached the
Robot village
section of the Nier Automata Quick Look and man its pretty damn adorable tbh. The music really sells it.

I have so many games i want to play just in this year :O

Just finished the Fast & Furious commentary. As usual I cant wait until next Friday. I'm loving rewatching the series with the guys talking over them.

One thing I would like though is for Alex to stop saying "I'm not saying anything" because everytime he does its basically just a yes answer to whatever Vinny or Dan is asking.

valeo

Just finished the Fast & Furious commentary. As usual I cant wait until next Friday. I'm loving rewatching the series with the guys talking over them.

One thing I would like though is for Alex to stop saying "I'm not saying anything" because everytime he does its basically just a yes answer to whatever Vinny or Dan is asking.

Do you just want him to be mute? It's kinda lose lose for him there.

Rainmaker

Banned

Yeah my one problem (and it's probably not that big of a deal overall) is that I feel like Alex has given too much away already. It's tough spot to be put in when they ask though. Not many good answers that won't give something away. Otherwise everyone has been great to hear talk.

I'm just going to say my piece about Nier Automata because I know most of you haven't played it but it deserves to be talked about

I can see it now...

Brad: It's BotW.

[several others agree]

Jeff: Ahhh, man... I dunno. Horizon is pree-eety good.

Jason: Yeah, you can shoot shit and stuff.

Jeff: There isn't another game this year that [had numbers go up so much]. Don't get me wrong, BotW does some incredible stuff, but there's just too many issues for it to be the top game of the year. The durability, the inventory, the--

Vinny: Yeah, Zelda isn't perfect--and remember, all of these games are great--but there's just something special about it. Horizon is amazing, but Zelda...!

Dan: Yeah!

[several others agree]

Dan: There's no other game that just lets you be such a cool dude doing cool dude stuff!

Brad: It's BotW.

Unnamed New Hire: [serious] It's Mass Effect: Andromeda.

[Laughter]

Jeff: Well I don't agree but if that's how you all feel I guess we should go with BotW.

[The discussion goes on.]

[In the final tally, BotW takes top spot, Shadow of Wardor is second, and Horizon is third.]

GotY is a strange and mysterious journey.

Might as well not have game of the year this year. This is too good a prediction

Jintor

i guess i'll reserve judgement on horizon since the only gameplay i've actually seen of it was the QL and bits of the Super Best Friends playing it.

I hope turning off bits of the UI solves what I think my issues will be, but it's not really worth worrying about i guess

Top Bottom