• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Tunoku

There are a lot of wacky elements in the TV show specifically that would be fun to have a commentary track for. Fire Walk With Me is a lot darker and would only make for a discussion podcast, I agree.

killroy87

Playing Horizon right after a solid week of Zelda is almost cruel to Horizon. It makes Horizon feel like the most restrictive, videogamey-ass videogame that ever did videogame.

It's a damn fine game on its own merit, but going from Zelda back to cluttered maps, telegraphed climbing and exploration, and mechanics on mechanics on mechanics, doesn't do it any favors.

Sexy as hell, though.

oti

Banned
C6_qWHpWYAAvoCI.jpg

Ok.

That's the first thing I've seen from MEA that makes me kinda want to play it.

image.php

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
WTF kind of chinese food are they talking about on blue bombin'?

Cream cheese wonton?

Radioactive sauce?

Hot mustard?

What?

Lunar FC

Playing Horizon right after a solid week of Zelda is almost cruel to Horizon. It makes Horizon feel like the most restrictive, videogamey-ass videogame that ever did videogame.

It's a damn fine game on its own merit, but going from Zelda back to cluttered maps, telegraphed climbing and exploration, and mechanics on mechanics on mechanics, doesn't do it any favors.

Sexy as hell, though.

Somebody really needs to explain to me what's so fun about spending 5 minutes trying to scale the side of a cliff.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Somebody really needs to explain to me what's so fun about spending 5 minutes trying to scale the side of a cliff.

Because you can.

Which is better than can't.

It's just a different philosophy I guess. Like most of the times I don't actually have to scale the cliff. But I love the fact that I can. And they usually give you a reward for this.

Like you don't think it's fun, but most of the time do you even need to scale it? That's the question.

Harpuia

I should jump on this fast and furious train before it gets too out of control for me to reasonably catch up to whatever movie is the latest.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I should jump on this fast and furious train before it gets too out of control for me to reasonably catch up to whatever movie is the latest.
If you start on Monday, you'll hit the latest one by the time the podcast releases on Friday.

ta155

Sexy as hell, though.

This is exactly how I feel. I played Horizon for two days straight before Zelda came out and thought it was absolutely outstanding, but going back after playing Zelda is hard.

There was a sense of mystery and discovery in the early hours of Horizon but when the map starts getting covered in icons it makes you realise how that sense is totally bettered in Zelda.

All the technical elements of Horizon are top tier, but man, Zelda is just something else. Gonna be real interesting to see how stuff like Middle-earth and Assassin's Creed hold up in future.

wenis

If the same game was called The Story of Velma: Breath of the Wild it would get like an 8 or 8.5 tops.
👆🏾

No lies detected.

It isn't "salt" to say there is an inherent bias. It just isn't. Even if Horizon had not come out, at the same time it would still stand as a valid argument.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh christ I'm playing the Andromeda trial and I didn't notice in the stream how you can see way too far inside the Turian's mouth void while they talk. It's just a giant flapping tongue, teeth, and darkness in there. And I just couldn't stop staring at the hole in the corner of his mouth when I noticed it. Between this and the baseball behive man this is just a disturbing weekend of games.

wenis

I'm more into interactive art. Personally.
I'm into not interacting with my interactive art.

You ever just stare at screen savers man? There's a whole world behind the surface that just won't exist if you move the mouse.

5KgEoYL.gif

What are those pipes carrying?!

Top Bottom