• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Our saviors CD Projekt Red.

Christ, this just reminded me that we have a cyberpunk open world RPG incoming at some point in the next five years from the developers of The Witcher 3. Fuck, I had kind of successfully forgotten about Cyberpunk for a few weeks. I cannot wait to see what that game is.

oti

Banned
Christ, this just reminded me that we have a cyberpunk open world RPG incoming at some point in the next fifty years from the developers of The Witcher 3. Fuck, I had kind of successfully forgotten about Cyberpunk for a few weeks. I cannot wait to see what that game is.

fixed

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, more positive reviews are coming out though.

I dunno. I can see this not being a great game but being a totally ok, enjoyable one, especially for fans of the series.

Teddified

I dunno. I can see this not being a great game but being a totally ok, enjoyable one, especially for fans of the series.

That depends on how much said fan likes the dialogue/story, which doesn't really sound to positive right now. It would be interesting to see how a fan like Vinny will like the game if he finds the story middling since that's probably what he is there for story/characters.

hamchan

An "ok" game is pretty disappointing for the follow up to one of the best trilogies of the last generation, and also following these last three months where the industry has been shitting out gold A++ standard video games.

derFeef

How can this be a good game for fans? It totally shits on everything that made ME great.
Characters, dialogue, story.

Anticol

Banned
It is obvious EA put the big main team to develop the Star Wars game and the new inexperience team was in charged of ME:A, can't blame them tho SW >> ME

danm999

I dunno, a lot of the positive stuff seems to be surrounding how the shooting feels totally ok and the MP is good but like Jeff said on the stream, who is that for? It can only be additive for a Mass Effect fan if the fundamentals of Mass Effect are strong.

The stuff people tend to like about Mass Effect; the story, writing, characters, seems botched.

oti

Banned
It is obvious EA put the big main team to develop the Star Wars game and the new inexperience team was in charged of ME:A, can't blame them tho SW >> ME

Throwing your own IP under the bus for Star Wars doesn't sound like a good long-term strategy.

Dead Space 3 was an OK game nobody asked for. But it wasn't... this. Mass Effect has everything it needs to be a huge mainstream success.

No dog.

Dead Space 3 was a technically well made price of trash that sacrificed everything Dead Space 1 and 2 built up.

After 2 it felt like dead space could really be something.

I would put Dead Space 1 or 2 (both great games with different feels) into a top 10 of last gen no problems.

DS1 is the best horror game of that gen and dead space 2 upped the action in a Alien to Aliens style and actually did it well.

DS3 is like the template for EA, EAing a game. Online focused, Everything more dumb and actiony. returning female charater suddenly more booby. Microtransactions. Lol fuck the lore. Let's get real dumb and fight a moon.

Dead Space 3 was an OK game nobody asked for. But it wasn't... this. Mass Effect has everything it needs to be a huge mainstream success.

Mass Effect Andromeda could be OK too.

Dead Space 3 had their share of animation disasters and writing fuck ups too. I was being apprehended by an armless torso that was supposed to be a human being in a cutscene. But his scripted death triggered at the beginning of the cutscene instead of the end. And jealous ex-boyfriend shit with way too edgy Isaac and Carver.

I wouldn't call it throwing under the bus. Letting new blood take a crack at Mass Effect isn't a bad idea. And if it's mediocre/divisive, oh well. Like Dan said, things gotta get bad and then they get better. You gotta take your Dark Souls 2s in order to get your Bloodbornes.

I've been alerted that a 13 year old game has better facial animations than andromeda

tumblr_nt580nWiEl1qcsioio1_500.gif

I wonder if GB will review it. Can't wait.

edit:

Looking at the GB QL, in the first 3 minutes while you're talking with Peebee, she does the same damn hand animation where like..she snatches something from the air 3 times. 3 goddamn times. In one conversation. Oh my god.

I didn't realise how overbearing all of the transition animations are.

Oddly, this QL is making me realise that the game MEA reminds me of most is The Old Republic, rather than DAI. The former's DNA feels much more prominent in how dialog, world design, and quests work.
This dialogue ����

O7DAwQ.gif

oti

Banned
No dog.

Dead Space 3 was a technically well made price of trash that sacrificed everything Dead Space 1 and 2 built up.

After 2 it felt like dead space could really be something.

I would put Dead Space 1 or 2 (both great games with different feels) into a top 10 of last gen no problems.

DS1 is the best horror game of that gen and dead space 2 upped the action in a Alien to Aliens style and actually did it well.

DS3 is like the template for EA, EAing a game. Online focused, Everything more dumb and actiony. returning female charater suddenly more booby. Microtransactions. Lol fuck the lore. Let's get real dumb and fight a moon.

Yes, DS3 wasn't what DS1&2 were. Turning it into an action game might have pissed of fans but it made sense to make it more popular. And the game was fine as an action game. Mass Effect is already an action RPG. Andromeda just seems like a mediocre/bad game.

ferunnico

Neo Member
I'm a bit LTTP, but that Horizon story is so interesting. Guerilla Games has built a fascinating world.

I agree that the world is fascinating, but in my opinion most of the characters and the dialogue are not great. But I think I'm in the minority, so far I have mostly seen praise for the story.

This episode is not even 2 hours long. They will never finish Yakuza.

Boy, Dan has the memory of a goldfish. It's like every episode is his first time playing.

AngryMoth

The thing I just don't get about the new Mass Effect is why they filled your squad with all the old aliens. We had 3 games of asari/krogens/turians/solarians, the idea of setting the in an entirely new galaxy and then to have it not be focused on discovering and befriending new aliens is insane to me. Them so rigidly sticking to the old formula seems like a huge miscalculation.

Anyway, time for some BitE, aww yis

Top Bottom