• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Best Moment has to go to stuff in BotW. I have faith in the Shoemaker that this will come to pass.

Or else we'll end up with a Witcher 3 situation where they drop it out of spite (from all the reverent praise).
Helmut Kruger won over Trico as best new character, anything could happen.

Is Trico the boy or the chimera?

Ashby

I'm not sure what in BoTW would qualify for best moment. And don't say Eventide Island, it's neat but not really deserving of the hyperbolic praise.

I just did it last night. I really don't get the hype. Was it supposed to be difficult or something? Still having your bombs even makes the "big" fight trivial.

Ragdoll of the Year

giphy.gif

(Mass Effect: Andromeda)

I'm not sure what in BoTW would qualify for best moment. And don't say Eventide Island, it's neat but not really deserving of the hyperbolic praise.

Mt. Lanaryu (actually seeing the dragons for the first time is kind of awesome, but this was a really cool sequence), the Final Memory, Hyrule Castle itself is pretty cool but a particular moment would be when the Divine Beasts finally attack, the first time you take down a walking Guardian or performing the Trailer Moment with an Ancient arrow, the Ruta fight/meeting Sidon for the first time, learning you can shield surf.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They seriously need to add a trick system for the sequel. Shield surf seriously feels awesome.

Let me combine that with the paraglider for just cause 2 style paragliding in gerudo.

Anjin M

Not having played it, it sounds like a cool sequence, but I think it would come off better if it wasn't singled out as "the thing."
Would someone try and disqualify it on the basis it's not a 2017 game?
They'd have to disqualify Persona 5 for the same reason, though...

Can't wait for more BitE tomorrow, I am really enjoying that series! Hopefully we will get some story bits, very curious to see what happens next.

Eventide was pretty cool, don't think it would be worthy of best moment though.
gliding onto the hinox when he was sleeping and stealing the orb without a fight was pretty awesome though, better than bomb cheese
. BotW is definitely GotY quality,so many good things about it.

I was all set to pick up Nier, then there seemed to be some PC wonkiness. Now it seems at least for now a player patch has addressed that, now I'm on the fence again.

Jintor

They seriously need to add a trick system for the sequel. Shield surf seriously feels awesome.

Let me combine that with the paraglider for just cause 2 style paragliding in gerudo.

Needs a hookshot for true just cause style fun times

Going back a few pages here, but thought I should point out that Greenman is USD. Still a decent price at around $65 AUD.

Yeah I only noticed when I checked my bank statement

Worth it

Dineren

Banned
I was all set to pick up Nier, then there seemed to be some PC wonkiness. Now it seems at least for now a player patch has addressed that, now I'm on the fence again.

There seems to be a bug on PC that causes horrible pop in if you have ambient occlusion and aa turned on. So if you do end up with it, make sure you turn aa off and downsample instead. Although maybe the player patch fixes it, I hadn't heard about that.

Hexagon!

It's especially awesome for me because I just wanted to climb this snow mountain because I could.

Totally did not see it coming.

Same here. I went there investigating a sidequest and thought "well, I'm already here so..."

I did it all late at night and had a lot of trouble falling asleep afterward, lol.

Top Bottom