• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

tesqui

Is there a reason why they put out most content on Friday? It'd be nice for things to be spread across each day. Right now it's like occasionally a stream on Monday, Tuesday has bombcast, Wednesday sometimes has a stream, Thursday rarely ever has anything, and Friday EVERYTHING.

Kuusoge

Is there a reason why they put out most content on Friday? It'd be nice for things to be spread across each day. Right now it's like occasionally a stream on Monday, Tuesday has bombcast, Wednesday sometimes has a stream, Thursday rarely ever has anything, and Friday EVERYTHING.

Technically,
Tomorrow is Everything this week.

Volotaire

As Danny was saying on the bombcast, SWAT 4 is an incredible game that covers a niche other games haven't filled or attempted to fill. It is a shame there was no follow up.

I work the longest on Friday. Yet I have tomorrow and Thursday off and no #content.

StoveOven

Banned

I think there are limits on when the East Coast crew can stream, so that's why playdates are usually Fridays. And UPF was always a Friday show, and I guess they never decided it was necessary to change that when Beast also started streaming then.

Jintor

Man I wonder if there's any chance whatsover of some kind of persona bundle for PS4

With nier out on PC I kinda lost a major reason to even consider a PS4

I kinda don't think it'll ever happen, but damn, P5 for switch would be so dope

lolus8l.jpg
Currently on chapter 15 in Yakuza 0 and only Ganon left to kill in Zelda. Can't wait to jump into these two after I finish them games.

After Zelda I haven't been able to get into Horizon.
I want to climb anything/everything and can't and then turn the game off

I'm certainly not looking forward to that. However, I'm excited for the story mostly, which is the most surprising thing to me after hearing about all the praise especially since it's an open world game.

Megasoum

Banned
After Zelda I haven't been able to get into Horizon.
I want to climb anything/everything and can't and then turn the game off

Yeah I'm the same...

Also the Nintendo control scheme FUCKS ME UP

Seriously, I tried to login to my PS4 the other day and I kept tapping the circle button to select my account instead of the X and got stuck in an infinite loop of stupidity for a good minute lmao

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah I'm the same...

Also the Nintendo control scheme FUCKS ME UP

Seriously, I tried to login to my PS4 the other day and I kept tapping the circle button to select my account instead of the X and got stuck in an infinite loop of stupidity for a good minute lmao

I started up Binding of Isaac on my computer yesterday and quit the game twice before I realized it wasn't crashing and that I just kept mashing B to start the game. That does not work at all, as it turns out.

I have a long break between Zelda and when I get a PS4 Pro/Horizon. But in talking about open world games, I'm reminded I got Watch Dogs 2 free with an SSD last year and haven't played it. Same with Mad Max. I'm told both are solid games. There's not enough time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If it makes you feel better nier froze on me just as i was about to finish the first section.

Which is quite a significant pain the ass.

Antiwhippy

The audio discussion physically hurt me.

Soundbars?

Cheapo 7.1 surround setups?

Simulated surround headphones? Wireless ones?

do-not-want.gif

Simulated surround is my jam. At least, in Overwatch.

It gives a better sense of direction, which matters a lot in-game. It's not so much left/right front/back as it is specific directions. Really cool stuff. Just be sure to activate it if you want to give it a whirl. (Though I'm pretty sure it's only on PC with headphones.)

Antiwhippy

You'd be surprised at how much of that is unneeded. Our brain processes audio in stereo anyway. Competitive gamers don't even use simulated surround.

KingKong

Simulated surround is my jam. At least, in Overwatch.

It gives a better sense of direction, which matters a lot in-game. It's not so much left/right front/back as it is specific directions. Really cool stuff. Just be sure to activate it if you want to give it a whirl. (Though I'm pretty sure it's only on PC with headphones.)

is that the same as HRTF that Valve implemented in CSGO? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BltHXngvlk

Antiwhippy

Are you still using the TH-X00 sleeping lessons?

I recently got the emu teaks which uses the same drivers and basically the same design with some tweaks and phwaor.

Audio bliss.

I am! Still using the ebony cups. Which are you using?

I gotta admit though, I have kinda been thinking about looking at some different ones, just to have something else to contrast. I said I would not do this!

rekkins

Neo Member
So I've been watching Giant Bomb for quite a while, I actually don't watch cable television, it's either Netflix, YouTube or Giant Bomb. I've actually gotten my girlfriend a bit addicted to it as well, she'll see that I'm watching whatever new Quick Look or Unprofessional Fridays and sit down with me, she's gotten more familiar with everyone over time.

A few days ago though she dropped a bomb on me. She mentioned to me that Drew is a handsome man, I agreed, then she said that she had a dream that she slept with him. In that dream she told me what happened and my reply in her dream? Awesome! My reply in real life to her telling me? Awesome! (She asked me if I was going to post about it as well...)

Joking aside, I hope Drew's Patreon works out and can't wait for that content, his travel videos were the best!

Antiwhippy

I am! Still using the ebony cups. Which are you using?

I gotta admit though, I have kinda been thinking about looking at some different ones, just to have something else to contrast. I said I would not do this!

Teak cups. They said it was the smoothest cup out of the fostex variants so I'm happy for that.

Yeah I did warn you that the rabbit hole goes down deep. Sometimes it's best to just be happy with what you have.

That said I've been looking to the ZMF Eikons as an upgrade path....

Megasoum

Banned
So huh... I just played a bit of ME:A and I must admit I'm not completely turned off by it... not as much as I expected anyway...

Granted I'm still super early in the tutorial mission so I'm sure that's the most polished part of the game and it's also still very linear.

It sure does feel like the DA:I version of Mass Effect (as many people feared it would be since it was announced).

Anyway... I was planning on playing for like an hour or two just out of curiosity and then get a refund... I even installed ME1 earlier today because I've been thinking about doing a playthrough of the original trilogy instead but now I kinda want to play more MEA...

Also, on PC with everything maxed out I was surprised to think it actually looked good... Then again, like I said, that's the most polished part of the game and super linear.

pizzacat

Banned
So I've been watching Giant Bomb for quite a while, I actually don't watch cable television, it's either Netflix, YouTube or Giant Bomb. I've actually gotten my girlfriend a bit addicted to it as well, she'll see that I'm watching whatever new Quick Look or Unprofessional Fridays and sit down with me, she's gotten more familiar with everyone over time.

A few days ago though she dropped a bomb on me. She mentioned to me that Drew is a handsome man, I agreed, then she said that she had a dream that she slept with him. In that dream she told me what happened and my reply in her dream? Awesome! My reply in real life to her telling me? Awesome! (She asked me if I was going to post about it as well...)

Joking aside, I hope Drew's Patreon works out and can't wait for that content, his travel videos were the best!
You should call in with this

look if you want to have a three way without anybody feeling weird about it just buy a wall mount

Giganteus

Neat!

Man I wonder if there's any chance whatsover of some kind of persona bundle for PS4

With nier out on PC I kinda lost a major reason to even consider a PS4

I kinda don't think it'll ever happen, but damn, P5 for switch would be so dope

I heard a press person say Sony paid for a Persona exclusive, but there have been a bunch of games that people think are paid for exclusives that actually are not. Either way, if that exists, it'll be years before it's announced.

Nier having an amazing soundtrack is like the most expected part of that game.
Did none of y'all play the first one?

I know Vinny and Dan were way into this one, and dammit, I am too for some reason. Backing melodies like WHOA son.

E3 is right around the corner.

She never did school Dan in any Fighter, did she? Just to see Jason smirk from the other seat like he did when Kenny Omega took him out back of the woodshed in V.

Joking aside, I hope Drew's Patreon works out and can't wait for that keys, his travel videos were the best!

whitemanblinking.gif

Top Bottom