• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Scizzy

I think the Bombcast is always good if games are out. Slow periods get kind of dicey.

jeff is finally leaving giant bomb and it's becoming GB East only

Brad is moving to the east coast

Jasons going to twitch

My favorite part of Jeff leaving is that either Brad or Vinny would probably replace him and this thread would turn into a garbage fire.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the Bombcast is always good if games are out. Slow periods get kind of dicey.

My favorite part of Jeff leaving is that either Brad or Vinny would probably replace him and this thread would turn into a garbage fire.

No need to turn into one when it already is one.

Giant Bombcast 474: "Fun!"
The critics agree: this week's podcast features a "stellar cast" including Supergiant's Greg Kasavin, some fast and furious game-industry chat, and plenty of action news with Destiny, Call of Duty and StarCraft.
Filed Under: 343 Industries, Call of Duty, Super Robot Taisen, StarCraft, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Torment: Tides Of Numenera, Hearthstone, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Hollow Knight, ReCore, Toukiden 2, Destiny 2, Pyre

https://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-474-fun/1600-1919/

R5wLnCw.png

If I can get in on time, I'm hoping to bring up a question that was mentioned on a podcast email maybe, 2-3 years ago.

In the email, some guy claimed to take the entire crew into a video game studio (in Boston, I think, a night during PAX East?) and hook up everyone to mo-cap.

He proceeded to motion capture the entire crew (and maybe was going to put their animations into NPCs for a game? I can't really remember). The email said the crew was pretty drunk.

Anyway, after Jeff finishes reading the email, there is silence for like 10 seconds and he goes, "....that never happened."

It was hilarious and I'm wondering if they got any more info on that email.

EDIT: Found it, for those that want to listen. It was a night after GDC in San Francisco.

https://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-12-17-2013/1600-701/

Timestamp: 1:41:35.

Teddified

I wouldn't want them to do an ER right when it releases cause I need to play though persona myself first and that may take 1-2 months.

In fact when they release the QL or w/e I'm just going to ignore it till later either after I beat it or like 20 hours in or something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though really, I actually would not want an ER of this because I'm going to play this, ad I can't guarantee that I have the time to play through the game without being spoiled by the ER or even have the time to do both,

Dany

Banned
Jeff is wrong about Mass Effect. Brad is more level headed about it.

I don't understand Brad's false equivalence narrative about fourth games in a franchise being bad.

Catvoca

Banned
Yeah, a P5 endurance run would be cool, especially if it's Vinny and Jeff, but I probably wouldn't watch it for a long time since I'll be playing it myself so I (selfishly) would rather they spend their time elsewhere

Also, Brad needs to stop saying "well that's just Mass Effect" about stuff that is not "just Mass Effect".

I really wish I understood the excitement for Persona 5 or the Persona series in general, it seems to be all some folks talk about. I've tried to get into it, and the ER was entertaining but it just seems like a completely average set of games to me.

EDIT: bruh ^

Top Bottom