• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Catvoca

Banned
What you don't Dan asking 20 questions about Japan during important story and character dialogues?

There's an earnestness to the P4 endurance run that I don't think they would have with Dan. They were obviously making tonnes of jokes but they really bought into the game and the characters and that made the series more endearing. With Dan I feel like you'd get a lot of "what's that Japanese thing? That's dumb."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's an earnestness to the P4 endurance run that I don't think they would have with Dan. They were obviously making tonnes of jokes but they really bought into the game and the characters and that made the series more endearing. With Dan I feel like you'd get a lot of "what's that Japanese thing? That's dumb."

Eh, the yakuza videos he's been pretty earnest with it.

Antiwhippy

I suppose. But Yakuza is a dumb action movie and Persona is highschool anime.

I also just love the Vinny/Jeff chemistry and Dan is a commanding presence that changes that dynamic a lot.

Is he though? Even in the Yakuza series he feels subdued compared to Alex and Vinny.

Scizzy

Competing Jeff/Vinny and Brad/Dan runs would be great. I miss the Brad/Dan dynamic. Brad had developed a strange understanding of Dan's ways by the end of his SF run.

valeo

I suppose. But Yakuza is a dumb action movie and Persona is highschool anime.

I also just love the Vinny/Jeff chemistry and Dan is a commanding presence that changes that dynamic a lot.

Yeah but Jeff/Vinny Persona 5 will never happen so LIVE WITH IT SON

Antiwhippy

Also we're this far in and Dan's dynamic still isn't accepted even though he's pretty much responsible for all of the content on the site?

Catvoca

Banned
Is he though? Even in the Yakuza series he feels subdued compared to Alex and Vinny.

I think so, yeah. I haven't watched the Yakuza thing much so maybe that's different.

yeah I
don't think dan would respect the serious anime aspects of persona. he's far too foolish to appreciate the deep story

I just meant Dan would buy into a thing where badass dudes take their shirts off and punch eachother much quicker than a highscool anime thing. Ain't no deep story here.

I like Dan, that doesn't mean I want him in every series.

Omg

I refuse to believe any of it.

...But if it doesn't happen, I have no idea who would be the ones going through it.

Fuck, why am I so excited about such a dumb thing.

Hindl

They're definitely just toying with everyone

And goddamn I'm gonna have to power through the game and not watch it at all

Red UFO

Dan brought about the 3rd Golden Era of Giant Bomb. The first being 2011 whiskey media era, the second being when they got into the swing of things at CBS and first started doing UPF. Early 2013 I guess.

I hope a fourth is on the horizon.

"episode 001" ends with Jeff complaining about the lack of Chie and ending the run

brdddsts2u.gif

I'd be fine with this.

Tubobutts

Yep. Especially with April Fools coming up...

Plus running Yakuza/Persona playthroughs side by side would be a bit much. Reckon Yakuza 0 brings more fun than Persona anyway.
They did do two playthroughs of Deadly Premonition at once.
Jeff said that it is a quick look tomorrow you guys, lol

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bombcast-474-fun-premium/2300-11951/

46:30 in the link (premium link)
It's a work you mark. Kayfabe me brother gimmick.

Catvoca

Banned
This doesn't strike me as the sort of goof they'd do. Like "hey know that content most of you want? We're not making it!" doesn't seem like a great joke to make.

Top Bottom