• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

http://jeff.zone/post/158951693366/if-doing-the-ama-on-the-same-day-as-the-persona-5
If doing the AMA on the same day as the Persona 5 quicklook was intentional, then I applaud you on your ability to rile up the conspiracy-minded portion of your fanbase
Nah, they reached out while we were out at PAX East and this was the first week we had time to make it happen. The Persona stuff was shot a zillion years ago now, I had kinda forgotten about it until pretty recently.

I reiterate: Jeff and Jason P5 ER, with Jason playing.

Jason: " You mean I get to be paid for playing this fucking awesome game?"
Jeff: "Yeah that's the gist of it oh man look at that cat"
Jason: "Yeah fuck that cat gonna go farm 100 hours"
Jeff: "This isn't monster hunter"
Jason: "Whatever I need my god armor"

http://jeff.zone/post/158951693366/if-doing-the-ama-on-the-same-day-as-the-persona-5

If doing the AMA on the same day as the Persona 5 quicklook was intentional, then I applaud you on your ability to rile up the conspiracy-minded portion of your fanbase

So what he's saying, is that they've already shot most of the Persona 5 ER

Lunar15

As much as I dearly love both the P4 endurance run and P5, I have no desire for a P5 endurance run. You just can't recapture that kind of magic.

Teddified

Can't you just check all their trophies to see how far they have gotten to get a sense of how much they played and whether or not they somehow "backlogged" a ton of eps.

Unless they created a new account for the ER which I still don't think is happening at least anytime soon.

As much as I dearly love both the P4 endurance run and P5, I have no desire for a P5 endurance run. You just can't recapture that kind of magic.

that's true

instead of lively interjections, its '*Muffled voices in the background*'

"Hey Jason turn him up"
"Oh ok, I just came to say, what about that meat.

....Ok jason turn me down."

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
As someone who just bought a Switch and so won't be getting a PS4 any time soon I say bring on yet another video series showing me a game I wanted to play but can now experience the story of elsewhere

As someone who just bought a Switch and so won't be getting a PS4 any time soon I say bring on yet another video series showing me a game I wanted to play but can now experience the story of elsewhere

Right.

For all the people who say "I won't watch this until I'M done", there's probably 5x the amount of people who will gladly watch it.

daveo42

Banned
I want the QL to happen just to see them work through P5, but I don't want them to either just so I don't have to try and keep up with them
even if I'll blow way past them in the first day.

I'm also debating on if I even want to watch their QL to go in as fresh as possible and not get spoiled on anything, even if it's stuff from the first hour of the game. It's an actual new persona. We don't get them all that often and ya only get to experience for the first time once.

Edit: Just to be clear it would totally be awesome if they did do a P5 ER and would be more so than them not.

robotrock

Banned
I want the QL to happen just to see them work through P5, but I don't want them to either just so I don't have to try and keep up with them
even if I'll blow way past them in the first day.

I'm also debating on if I even want to watch their QL to go in as fresh as possible and not get spoiled on anything, even if it's stuff from the first hour of the game. It's an actual new persona. We don't get them all that often and ya only get to experience for the first time once.

Edit: Just to be clear it would totally be awesome if they did do a P5 ER and would be more so than them not.

Yeah gotta wait till after I get my hands on it to start watching their series. I'm excited to check out Jeff's score of the game tomorrow though.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah gotta wait till after I get my hands on it to start watching their series. I'm excited to check out Jeff's score of the game tomorrow though.

You think we'll get an actual score tomorrow? Game is supposed to be much longer than P4 or Golden so I'm expecting him to like the changes, but not put a number to it quite yet. I'm sure no one in the office is even done with it unless Jeff was dedicated to spending most of his work and some free time on wrapping it up. I mean, he doesn't have to finish it to review it either I guess.

robotrock

Banned
You think we'll get an actual score tomorrow? Game is supposed to be much longer than P4 or Golden so I'm expecting him to like the changes, but not put a number to it quite yet. I'm sure no one in the office is even done with it unless Jeff was dedicated to spending most of his work and some free time on wrapping it up. I mean, he doesn't have to finish it to review it either I guess.

I'm not sure. It just seems like the perfect game to dump some time into and grind while you're reviewing applicants or interviewing them over skype.

daveo42

Banned
I'd be amazed if Jeff reviewed P5. I don't think he'll have even got that far into the game.

Would like to be wrong on that though.

That was my thought. Unless Wildlands is code for getting into some crazy shit in Persona town or Mass Effect is a play on how weighty Persona 5 is or Andromeda is a new Persona, then I think he's put time into it, but not as much as some people think. Unless it has been a game he's only played at the office.

Anybody been listening to this s-town pod?

Thanks for reminding me to download it. I hope it pans out a bit better than Season 2 of Serial. I kind of dropped it half way through.

Lunar FC

That was my thought. Unless Wildlands is code for getting into some crazy shit in Persona town or Mass Effect is a play on how weighty Persona 5 is or Andromeda is a new Persona, then I think he's put time into it, but not as much as some people think. Unless it has been a game he's only played at the office.

Thanks for reminding me to download it. I hope it pans out a bit better than Season 2 of Serial. I kind of dropped it half way through.
I didn't even listen to season 2 after how put off the final few eps of the first season made me.
The what pod?

New pod from the This American Life/Serial folks.

daveo42

Banned
I didn't even listen to season 2 after how put off the final few eps of the first season made me.

New pod from the This American Life/Serial folks.

Yeah...stretching stuff out and not having even somewhat of a conclusion to the whole thing was disappointing. I'm aware that not everything in life has a hard answer or solution that cleanly wraps everything up, but the initial premise and the first 2/3rds of the 1st series led to some pretty awesome stuff that eventually went no where over the back end. I still liked it overall.

i don't mean to alarm you guys but this is the API image for the p5 quick look

2928705-persona5.jpg
That is the kind of troll and/or tease I am onboard for.
Delicious.

Maybe it's the length of time since the last one speaking, but Jeff's latest home stream seems to be way better in audio and video quality.

Speaking of quality, U.N. Squadron is the best.

Top Bottom