• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

robotrock

Banned
I honestly think last week's UPF was better than the Switch call in show. That might be one of the worst pieces of content on the site in recent memory TBH.

Was it just the quality of the questions? I haven't seen it since the archive went up but I don't remember thinking it was any better/worse than the call in show before it.

I think I just prefer watching content with these guys when it actually seems like they're paying attention to the content, rather than with last week's UPF where they would ignore the games.

yami4ct

Was it just the quality of the questions? I haven't seen it since the archive went up but I don't remember thinking it was any better/worse than the call in show before it.

I think I just prefer watching content with these guys when it actually seems like they're paying attention to the content, rather than with last week's UPF where they would ignore the games.

It was all the most basic bland questions that had been asked a billion fucking times before. Tons of 'breaking into the industry' and 'do you think nintendo is doomed for x reason' and other shitty console wars questions. It was an hour of the worst of the worst pax Q&A shit

Zaph

this music is so chill

nHL4bEW.gif

robotrock

Banned
I feel like Nier is a game jeff would drop really early on or he'll get waaaaaay into it and have a really good rant about how good the story is

the story and the themes...it might speak to him

robotrock

Banned
Where are these people that are saying Nier is nowhere near as good as other Platinum games? First time I'm hearing that.

Story and characters wise it's definitely the best thing Platinum has put out, but while the combat is fun, I don't think it's as deep as the best of Platinum's stuff.

danm999

He is the worst but I wish the game allowed the player to call him out.

Edit: I'm on episode 52 so I have no idea where his character and Kanji go btw.

That would be cool yes but given this game was basically developed in the mid 2000s it is not shocking that is absent.

Moaradin

Story and characters wise it's definitely the best thing Platinum has put out, but while the combat is fun, I don't think it's as deep as the best of Platinum's stuff.

It's still easily the best overall package from them. As a pure platinum action game, I'd say Wonderful 101 is their best, but nobody played it.

robotrock

Banned
It's still easily the best overall package from them. As a pure platinum action game, I'd say Wonderful 101 is their best, but nobody played it.

I think it has some significant pacing issues compared to Platinum's other stuff. Found Route A to be slow at times and B...well, you know.

MGR, the Bayonettas, and Vanquish just fly by.

Jintor

I think it has some significant pacing issues compared to Platinum's other stuff. Found Route A to be slow at times and B...well, you know.

Bayonetta can honestly get kinda tedious imho, and MGR has a couple of long bits where you're just fighting through offices.

If there's one thing I think Platinum haven't nailed yet it's environmental art. Even their fantastical locations are frequently pretty drab.

KingKong

they flew by because theyre 5-10 hours long and not open world rpgs. Its pretty clear that Yoko Taro wanted the player to grow attached to the characters and world (which is why route B is the way it is)

Top Bottom