• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
EVMekzn.png

Nice.
I hope the ME playmate is hell.

tesqui

Why waste your time on mass effect when there are so many other actual good games to play? Masochists! All of you!

edit: or should i say Massochists?!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brad is crazy to think that 'Warcraft fans' would pick Warcraft 2 over 3

the kind of people who preferred 2 likely moved away from being Warcraft fans ages ago

Mr. F

Banned

the kind of people who preferred 2 likely moved away from being Warcraft fans ages ago

I think it's an age thing, 3 was huge in elementary school and almost nobody I knew who was deep into it had played the previous 2.

Hindl

Yup. 3 was the high watermark for the series and it's when it generally 'broke out'. And yeah, everyone who was turned off from 3 probably just stopped caring about Warcraft in general

Megasoum

Banned
Also the Warcraft 3 remastered has been a badly kept secret on Battle.Net for years. Long before they even began talking about Starcraft.

Film & 40s: Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery

wogiastg.gif

Looking forward to watching them play Nier and then playing it for the first time myself. Good shit.

I think its OK to add a bit more personality and character into Destiny. But I agree starting off with Borderlands level jokes and self referential stuff is not a good direction.

When I think about Bungie. I think about the mystery, exploration and the sense of wonder that their Halo games evoked so it's kind of disappointing to see them supposedly going into a direction that is way less interesting. At least that's the impression I get judging from what we got so far.

Tagyhag

I think it's an age thing, 3 was huge in elementary school and almost nobody I knew who was deep into it had played the previous 2.

I played 2 first and enjoyed it but I would want a remaster of 3 instead.

I truly believe that anyone that thinks 2 is better hasn't played it in a long time, it's insanely outdated and clunky. Especially when compared as to how well Starcraft holds up.

I played 2 first and enjoyed it but I would want a remaster of 3 instead.

I truly believe that anyone that thinks 2 is better hasn't played it in a long time, it's insanely outdated and clunky. Especially when compared as to how well Starcraft holds up.

Agreed, 3 is easily the best of the RTS games. I can understand that they don't like the heroes and that aspect of it but it adds a ton to the gameplay. I enjoyed 2 a lot and played it a bunch but 3 was game changing

Yup. 3 was the high watermark for the series and it's when it generally 'broke out'. And yeah, everyone who was turned off from 3 probably just stopped caring about Warcraft in general

That's me. I liked 2 a whole lot but 3 just didn't feel right. I come back to it every couple of years but it just never feels the same.

The Beast Crew have such excellent chemistry.

That Lego Worlds QL went places because they're all meshing so well together.

Edit: Also Dan, I hope you feel better, you sounded a little rough during the QL. Enjoy your Wrestlepalooza.

I definitely spent the most time playing Warcraft I and II and would probably want to see a remaster of those first, if that were to ever happen. I also would really like to see a reimagining of that early Warcraft lore, but the time it got to Warcraft III and they pretty significantly expanded the races and factions was when it kind of became too convoluted for me, and I never really played much of the single player stuff outside the Human campaign. I picked up a lot of that lore since I was pretty deep into WoW up until the end of Burning Crusade.

Now a Diablo I or II remaster, that would be awesome.

yami4ct

Yosuke being afraid Kanji is going to rape him because he is gay is messed up.

Yosuke is a shitty teenage boy who has the subtlety and nuance of a teenage boy. It makes sense for him to have some fucked up reactions to his perception of Kanji's sexuality.

There are other aspects of P4 I think you can point to and have a broader discussion the game's treatment of LGBTQ ideas, but I think Yosuke is the wrong place to start that discussion. It's perfectly in character.

Valtýr

Holy shit I just noticed that at the end stinger of Fast Five, The Rock is wearing the worst fake beard/mustache I have ever seen.

tBXNnUa.jpg

yami4ct

The call-in shows are fine. It's not like UPF is this amazing show they're interrupting

First call in UPF was fine. The one with the Switch was hot trash. Like a Q&A session at their live show extended for an hour. I'll take a boring UPF over something that quality again. Not sure if it's just a luck thing or if they need to screen questions better.

TraBuch

Banned
Occupy Giant Bomb. Giant Bomb is WWE. Persona 5 ER is Daniel Bryan. Jeff is Triple H. Keep interrupting Jeff until he does the ER. Just do it until he can't ignore it anymore.

yami4ct

last week's UPF was...pretty bad. i'll take a call in show.

curious to see how it's handled without drew curating the questions though

I honestly think last week's UPF was better than the Switch call in show. That might be one of the worst pieces of content on the site in recent memory TBH.

Top Bottom