• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

As someone who takes a shiiiiitload of screenshots - I have well over 1000 in Zelda, I'm a crazy person - the P5 thing is an incredible bummer.

(And man, that quick look really is good.)

Not their fault no one bought this.

latest

My man.

daveo42

Banned
Destiny 2 will be this year's giant bomb goty

Please don't give Brad any bad ideas about pushing Destiny anywhere close to the top 5, let alone #1. While I'm sure Destiny 2 will be fine, some really great have come out in the past four months and most eclipse another Bungie fps.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After listening to the Bombcast, I would pay for a Premium feature of Brad or Jeff driving VTMB or KOTOR 2 and having Greg(who doesn't have time for it) and Rorie with them

Also I really dislike what I've seen of the character and enemy design in Nier:A compared to regular Nier. Nier:A almost feels like a musou of Nier instead of Nier 2.
Please don't give Brad any bad ideas about pushing Destiny anywhere close to the top 5, let alone #1. While I'm sure Destiny 2 will be fine, some really great have come out in the past four months and most eclipse another Bungie fps.

You've already decided that all the games out so far are better than a game that's not out?

Transformers was not good

I don't even think Okami was very good either, honestly. Other than it looked nice.

Both Transformers and Korra were good to average while Ninja Turtles ranged from average to bad. Those games were made by their B team though compared to Nier which is done by their A team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Both Transformers and Korra were good to average while Ninja Turtles ranged from average to bad. Those games were made by their B team though compared to Nier which is done by their A team.

I found Transformers very bad. The weapon upgrading system was an unnecessary extra step, a lot of the characters didnt feel different enough, and the game constantly reused the same locations. It felt like a 15 dollar game.

robotrock

Banned
There's stuff in Transformers that's pretty bland (mostly level design and the RPG progression systems), but I could not get enough of that combat system. I thought that was legitimately one of Platinum's best and most satisfying systems.

Also loved the soundtrack and Optimus Prime.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's stuff in Transformers that's pretty bland (mostly level design and the RPG progression systems), but I could not get enough of that combat system. I thought that was legitimately one of Platinum's best and most satisfying systems.

Also loved the soundtrack and Optimus Prime.

I feel like I already got the later points out of the first Cybertron game.

I found Transformers very bad. The weapon upgrading system was an unnecessary extra step, a lot of the characters didnt feel different enough, and the game constantly reused the same locations. It felt like a 15 dollar game.

Activision definitely tried to milk the liscene as much as they could with the 40$ price. It should have been 20$. However, between the other liscened games Platinum did, Transformers is the best gameplay wise and is the only one that would hold up thanks to the fantastic artstyle.

robotrock

Banned
I feel like I already got the later points out of the first Cybertron game.

I got those points out of the 1986 movie. Still nice to see all that stuff in a game I actually enjoyed playing though.

The Cybertron games are cool, but the shooting stuff in those never felt good to me. Also their art leaned too close to the Bay stuff.

oti

Banned
I very much disagree with Jeff. I love the doofy tone. I did not care one bit about the characters or the story of the first game, so any seriousness just brings with it boredom. Cayde was the only good thing about the first game's narrative, so him supposedly taking the spotlight in this game is perfect to me.

Bring on the fun.

Destiny memes. Yay.

Days like this make me wish we got a true sequel to the space western tone of Borderlands 1.

BL1 had a cool tone to it. A shame it used text and not VO for most of its stuff so it felt a bit lifeless.

BL2 was a total over correction IMO. I guess it paid off in the end for Gearbox and 2K but in my heart of hearts Borderlands 1 is still the best Borderlands game

Harpuia

I more or less saw Destiny as a better Borderlands anyway. Damn if Bungie pulls it off and makes good with Destiny 2 then I'll bite.

As much as I acknowledge borderlands for the type of humor it has not being for me, I desperately wished the world/story was better than what borderlands offered. Destiny has the curse of just being plain boring. If they want to try to add more flavor and life then I'm willing to give them another chance.

Wunder

Days like this make me wish we got a true sequel to the space western tone of Borderlands 1.

BL1 had a cool tone to it. A shame it used text and not VO for most of its stuff so it felt a bit lifeless.

BL2 was a total over correction IMO. I guess it paid off in the end for Gearbox and 2K but in my heart of hearts Borderlands 1 is still the best Borderlands game

Same. Always wanted the gameplay expansion to Borderlands that never came. Having a single skill and the rest of progression be passive/on-kill effects was really lame

pizzacat

Banned

BL1 was gdlk

I can't even finish bl2 for some reason

Mr. F

Banned
I think its OK to add a bit more personality and character into Destiny. But I agree starting off with Borderlands level jokes and self referential stuff is not a good direction.

I don't get why 'adding character' seems to always go in this direction. Maybe it's exaggerated for the debut trailer but this just strikes me as paint by numbers as every other attempt at mass-market witty humour in video games. It's like Borderlands fucked the guy from Watchdogs 2 with the emoji face.

daveo42

Banned
I don't get why 'adding character' seems to always go in this direction. Maybe it's exaggerated for the debut trailer but this just strikes me as paint by numbers as every other attempt at mass-market witty humour in video games. It's like Borderlands fucked the guy from Watchdogs 2 with the emoji face.

Misunderstanding gamers, nerds, and internet culture (or maybe getting it right and we're the outsiders).

Absolutely, Borderlands 2 is one of the worst examples of 'give them what they think they want not what they actually want' in games. 1's world-building is pretty subtle and minimalist but gave it a really distinctive, cohesive, off-kilter tone which 2 and everything since 2 completely squanders it.

Joeku

Absolutely, Borderlands 2 is one of the worst examples of 'give them what they think they want not what they actually want' in games. 1's world-building is pretty subtle and minimalist but gave it a really distinctive, cohesive, off-kilter tone which 2 and everything since 2 completely squanders it.

You don't think Tales pulled back from BL2 and course-corrected somewhat?

Curufinwe

Activision definitely tried to milk the liscene as much as they could with the 40$ price. It should have been 20$. However, between the other liscened games Platinum did, Transformers is the best gameplay wise and is the only one that would hold up thanks to the fantastic artstyle.

I think I bought it for $15 a few months before it went on PS+.

Jintor

How can it get better.

How.

Well anyway I'm really sleep deprived now. At least this excitement will mean that I'll probably finish nier before persona 5 drops.

You must have been posting this at like 3am cos we share a timezone right?

Yeah nier rules. Keep going

Top Bottom