• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
This episode wasn't the best but I still enjoy BitE a lot. That game is fantastic.

Also, I might be in a minority, but I always watch GB content as my primary point of focus (i.e., not just as background noise).

I only leave it in the background if it's "bad" / uninteresting content to me (in which case i'm more likely to not even watch it).

I don't even listen to the podcast while playing games, since I can't really concentrate on both things and end up missing half of what they talk about - unless i'm doing really simple stuff like the Yakuza big side activities or just grinding for something.

Video games and GB podcasts are the best.

robotrock

Banned
I thought it was really boring. I played up until after the prison break bit and kept waiting for it to get good but it wasn't happening. I thought the combat was stiff and the random encounters obnoxious, while the storytelling was all so slow, dull and overly melodramatic. It's a bummer because I did really want to like Yakuza, but I guess it just isn't for me.

Yeah those games often start pretty slow. From what I can tell it seems like 0 gets going faster than any other game in the series series, but even that I kind of had to force myself to play for the first five or so hours. Once it got good though I was pretty hooked.

Yakuza 5 has an insanely slow start. Gonna have to pick it back up when I finish Persona or something but man. It was slow as heck

Kimaka

Most of the GB content (quick looks, upf, playdates) I have as background noise as I do something else unless its a game I'm very interested in. LPs of games I will actively watch. Podcasts are when I am driving, exercising, or grinding in a game.

robotrock

Banned
I need to actively watch more GB stuff. been doing it with yakuza 0 and it's great. totally binged metal gear rising like it was a real deal netflix premiere and that was awesome too

oti

Banned
I need to actively watch more GB stuff. been doing it with yakuza 0 and it's great. totally binged metal gear rising like it was a real deal netflix premiere and that was awesome too

I watch QLs actively in general. Many times it's the only way I engage with a game.

ferunnico

Neo Member
I just bought Persona 5. I had originally decided to wait and instead play one of the dozens of other great and long games I own and haven't yet touched. I am weak...

oti

Banned
I just bought Persona 5. I had originally decided to wait and instead play one of the dozens of other great and long games I own and haven't yet touched. I am weak...

After the 100h+ game Zelda I'll tackle my pile of shame on Steam. The shorter the game the better. I can't do two 100h games back to back.

daveo42

Banned
help i just saw a tumblr post of Bastion lactating

2094181-1445195720750-latest.jpeg
?

Hjod

Banned
This episode wasn't the best but I still enjoy BitE a lot. That game is fantastic.

Also, I might be in a minority, but I always watch GB content as my primary point of focus (i.e., not just as background noise).

I only leave it in the background if it's "bad" / uninteresting content to me (in which case i'm more likely to not even watch it).

I don't even listen to the podcast while playing games, since I can't really concentrate on both things and end up missing half of what they talk about - unless i'm doing really simple stuff like the Yakuza big side activities or just grinding for something.

I usually don't do anything else while watching GB content outside of the podcasts, which I usually listen to during commutes. Otherwise I miss stiff. I'm not all that good at dividing attention between engaging content and work. Watching at work usually devolves into not working at all.

BitE this week was good, but I've enjoyed every episode so far.

I'm with you, the only exception is that I listen to the podcast while walking to the gym or while I'm doing cardio. But otherwise their content has my full attention.

I'm enjoying BitE alot so far.

.JayZii

Banned
Started watching the P4 Endurance Run yesterday. I've never watched the whole thing through, but I just watch a smattering of episodes occasionally. Does anybody else get the feeling that Vinny is purposefully playing dumb? Both in messing up his inputs and pretending he knows less about the series than he actually does.

Moaradin

Started watching the P4 Endurance Run yesterday. I've never watched the whole thing through, but I just watch a smattering of episodes occasionally. Does anybody else get the feeling that Vinny is purposefully playing dumb? Both in messing up his inputs and pretending he knows less about the series than he actually does.

Weren't they both spoiled pretty early on?

kiguel182

I have been watching a ton of the P4 ER and the grinding the dungeon episodes are the rough ones. I wish everything could be story stuff.

daveo42

Banned
Fusing episodes are essential viewing.

I started playing P3P while watching the P4 ER during their dungeon "grind" episodes cause they got super boring outside of a few choice sections (lol Hama). Fusion episodes usually made me mad because of their choices on fusions.

I don't know how you guys can have videos on in the background while playing games. I need to focus on one thing at a time. Paying half attention to two different things sounds like a nightmare.

Dan is bad at yakuza fighting.

Counters and dodging is the antithesis of Dan Ryckert. He's going to have a real rough time later on.

It feels really limited in singular fights too, or at least repetitive. It's best when you have a ton of enemies and just plough through them with cleave attacks.

I couldn't disagree more. One on one is where Yakuza shines.

I started playing P3P while watching the P4 ER during their dungeon "grind" episodes cause they got super boring outside of a few choice sections (lol Hama). Fusion episodes usually made me mad because of their choices on fusions.

This is why you leave it on in the background when you do/play something else. You have the endure the endurance run.

Weren't they both spoiled pretty early on?

I don't think early on. But I do think Jeff was spoiled on the true culprit around the 100+ episode mark.

Meneses

I'm with you, the only exception is that I listen to the podcast while walking to the gym or while I'm doing cardio. But otherwise their content has my full attention.

I'm enjoying BitE alot so far.

Yeah, podcasts during commutes are great. My previous job was close to home so I didn't really bother for a while, but now that I have actual travel time, they come in pretty handy / embarrassing when i'm laughing in the subway.

I feel like by the end of Yakuza 0 Alex is going to have to recap the whole thing because Dan and sometimes Vinny can't remember anything that happened the week before much less longer.

If Dan locks on to enemies with R1, dodges with X, and only hits triangle when finishing a combo or when the flame icon is in the top right corner he will enjoy the combat much more.

It's clear that once he gets to the 2nd and 3rd heat bar he just spams triangle trying to get heat stuff and that doesn't work.

Also there's no real need to try so hard to get heat actions in every fight, there are plenty of fights and plenty of chances to do cool moves

Curufinwe

No, he barely played Persona 3.

When they get to Gekkoukan he doesn't even recognize it as being from P3.

The spoiler is for episode 100, during which Vinny asks for customizable ring tones in persona 5.

Kiryu is cool, but compared to Majima...

Yea I get it, especially because so much just happened with Majima and not too much seems to be going on with Kiryu. I think the relationships Kiryu forms with Tachibana, Nishki, Oda, Kuze, etc all make for a really enjoyable story as the game goes on.

That stuff does take time to develop tho, while Majima's story is pretty much going 100 mph from the beginning, so I understand being bored by early Kiryu stuff.

Also I've only played zero so that's all I'm basing this off of

Top Bottom