• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

justjim89

The older I get, the less and less sense it makes to me that seemingly intelligent people will bend over backwards to defend a company they don't own stock in. It's silly. At least the professional fanboy tier like Kinda Funny with Sony, it makes sense because they get to host events for them and what not. But just random people who spend all day defending against the slightest insinuation that maybe the build quality in the Switch isn't of the highest standard, as if the sales numbers affect their personal bottom line, just seems so fruitless.

Xater

The older I get, the less and less sense it makes to me that seemingly intelligent people will bend over backwards to defend a company they don't own stock in. It's silly. At least the professional fanboy tier like Kinda Funny with Sony, it makes sense because they get to host events for them and what not. But just random people who spend all day defending against the slightest insinuation that maybe the build quality in the Switch isn't of the highest standard, as if the sales numbers affect their personal bottom line, just seems so fruitless.

I agree with all of this.

jaina

Oh and the audiologs I found were cringy af.
Yeah, this is where Austin's criticism with the game starts. I took them more as a breather without paying close attention. Luckily you can stick to the puzzles if you want to.

It's sports mentality applied to brands. Nintendo is their "team."

Skyzard

Banned

Who says they don't own stock in Nintendo.

justjim89

It's sports mentality applied to brands. Nintendo is their "team."

I don't really get it with sports, either, but I'm not as sports guy. At least with that it's more like "I live in this place! The large men on the field have the place I live on their jerseys! Those other guys don't live where I live, fuck them!"

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I love how Rorie is getting some mild internet fame because he punched new hardware. It's so fitting.

People have gone through a whole thought process which brought them to the conclusion they should pre-order a Switch and play Nintendo games. Some of those then can't take criticism of that, because they see it as an attack on themselves and how they see the world. This will probably never change.

Oh and I love how AMD vs Intel is coming back in a big way. Android vs Apple was always lame.

Lunar FC

giphy.gif

Given the embarrassment of riches heading our way, yes, I think I will call you crazy.

maybe it's just because Zelda is like, gonna be in my hands on Friday, whereas this is "spring" and IT JUST LOOKS SO FUCKING NICE

I really really like Monster World, OK

robotrock

Banned
First time listening to Waypoint Radio and I like the jingle at the start.

GOAT jingle. There's some heathens in the Waypoint thread that don't like it for some reason though.

It's a good jingle but you do end up hearing it a lot. Now I just listen to the Twitch archive of the live show so I don't hear the jingle.

I have this same problem with the beastcast corrections song. everytime i hear it now i cover my ears

Top Bottom