• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

2930008-cp_thimbleweedpark_ql.00_18_02_29.still001.jpg

Quick Look: Thimbleweed Park
It's time to travel back in time to an age of pointing, clicking, and muuuuuuuurrrddddeeeerrrrrr.

Really looking forward to playing this in the summer.
---

Ah, Vice City memories.

The only time I ever used lock-on in Y0 was with guns.

I always used it because I like focusing on specific targets. Without it, it just felt wrong to me but maybe it's because I got used to using lock on by then.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I do not enjoy coming up with names for characters. I just need a randomize button please.

I usually name my characters after things lying around on my table or things I've just seen on TV cause I have no imagination. That's also how I came up with my username.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Well after using this Random Thing Picker, my character has been blessed with the name

_____Geoff Gerst-San______

Thanks for playing everyone.

I think I'm going to use that to decide what I have for breakfast today.

Ashby

The die trying thing is cause there's a part of arcade machines that if you touch it you get electrocuted to death right. Should be a fun stream!

oti

Banned
I live in Germany. Whenever I heard a podcast bring up the death of adventure games I was like what are you talking about. Look at this! *points at Media Markt PC Regal*

Curufinwe

IF there is ever going to be a Persona 5 ER it won't be with Jeff let's get that right from the get go.

I could see it being a GBEast (our lord and saviour of GB) ER a few years down the line if Vinny hasn't had time to play it yet which is likely.

If Vinny wants to play P5 on camera why would he want to commit to the challenges of a daily ER, when he could do it as a premium weekly feature?

Hjod

Banned
I'm glad Thimbleweed Park is good. I could really go for an oldschool adventure game right now

Same here, if it gets released on the PS4 that is.

I just got my This is the run t-shirt, the quality is really good. Not that I'm going to wear it outside or anything. (I'm no goober)

And I just bought Yakuza 0. I got lucky and it was on sale on PSN.

Lol. Spent $4 last night to rent the first Fast and the Furious movie and listen to Film and Forties. Never seen any of these films and always thought they looked terrible.

Holy crap I can't believe how enjoyable that was. Not sure how much the commentary added to my enjoyment but boy, that was terrific. Can't wait to listen/watch the rest of this series.

Giant Bomb East doing some amazing things lately. Wow.

Mr. F

Banned
Looking forward to grabbing Thimbleweed at some point. I've been less than impressed with Ron Gilbert's last few efforts but this has me interested for some reason.

The truth comes out: VICE was never cool (pg. 11)

https://storage.googleapis.com/think/docs/its-lit.pdf

Nintendo is cooler than Starbucks, confirmed.

Has Jeff ever talked about how giant bomb does demographics wise? The most anecdotal of anecdotes, but I have a cousin who just started high school and going by the stuff/personalities he watches on YouTube I couldn't imagine GB's style ever being something he'd be into.

I always find it problematic if games don't force you to actually learn the systems. If button mashing gets you through the game that's a flawed design .

I completely agree. That's why I was baffled by the backlash to Jeff's Quantum Break QL/Review.

People were like "OMG Jeff is playing the game wrong because he doesn't use the time warp dash!!!". But the game allowed Jeff to beat it without necessitating the use of the mechanic, so Jeff's poor experience with the game was not his fault, but the game's.

Ashby

Why would any one expect teens to think Vice is cool? It's for old people in their 20s and 30s. That'd be like expecting teens to know what Giant Bomb is

Top Bottom