• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone got a timestamp on the persona 5 streaming talk on the bombcast?

edit: nvm youtube comment guy did it

Meneses

I'm just a few hours in, but i'm really enjoying Persona 5, a game for which Giant Bomb made a Quick Look some time ago.

Only bad thing so far is that main singer's voice, which was my fear in the lead up to this game's launch. It doesn't seem to come up too often but then again the game hasn't really opened up and if that becomes the main battle theme then I may be screwed, because that will be too grating.

Also, the localization does seem off, at least in the beginning.

This could be a year where my top three games are all japanese, behind Yakuza and Nier.

Only things that I can see challenging that would be Red Dead 2 or
Destiny 2

Hindl

I've only played for 7 hours but I know who I want my virtual girlfriend to be.
please let me date the punk doctor who gives me weird drugs
Guys...Persona 5 is amazing.
Yeah it's​ weird in that it simultaneously picks up pretty quickly and feels like a slow burn. I'm really enjoying it tho

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Then no one would ever post, ever.

Hyperbole aside, the thread would likely be a lot more welcoming to outsiders if the thread didn't move so fast and wasn't filled with memes and unrelated content. I don't post much in here specifically because the tone & content of thread(s).

LiK

I want a P5 ER more than ever. Holy shit, this game is so good and I'm only 5 hours in.

JEFF/VINNY, GIVE IT TO ME

P5, at least in the first few hours, is doing a much better job of avoiding the pitfall P4 had where the characters bumble around forever not understanding what's going on when the player has already put the pieces together ages ago. I feel like the characters pick up on stuff pretty quickly.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i'm streaming it directly into your brain in contravention of official atlus policy

This is the Strange Days future, but instead of living crazy moments in peoples lives we're trading brain chips of gameplay play throughs to get past company protocol.

xuchu

Loving the Yakuza 0 playthrough but find it a troubling when Dan says that he doesn't like the combat when all he's doing is button mashing. It's not the best combat system but maybe it might be worth spend 30 mins off-stream to practice some the moves and heat actions. Finding the playthrough really funny regardless.

Loving the Yakuza 0 playthrough but find it a troubling when Dan says that he doesn't like the combat when all he's doing is button mashing. It's not the best combat system but maybe it might be worth spend 30 mins off-stream to practice some the moves and heat actions. Finding the playthrough really funny regardless.

Or you know, look at a controller map to learn how to lock on and evade!

I don't blame people for getting frustrated. We've been trying to give them advice across all channels for weeks and the longer the series goes the more it feels like it's never going to change and they aren't listening. And then to start complaining about it in the last video...

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I always find it problematic if games don't force you to actually learn the systems. If button mashing gets you through the game that's a flawed design .

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He's been getting through the combat fine without it. Him learning lock on won't fix his issues with it.

Yakuza's combat was never the reason to play it. As a series.

hamchan

I think Alex already told Dan pretty explicitly that some patience and nuance might be required but Dan just ain't that guy.

I always find it problematic if games don't force you to actually learn the systems. If button mashing gets you through the game that's a flawed design .

Most of these things were tutorialized, they just weren't paid much attention and then they set it down for a week. I agree with what you are saying though, and the scary thing is that will probably be the case as they go further down the story more instead of all the side stories and they will get punished for it.

LiK

I dunno, I think it allows a bit of freedom for more casual players. So many action games let you just mash away and get through the games without learning all the intricacies. That's usually reserved for the harder difficulties if they decide to amp it up.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The inability to take screenshots is just laughably awful. I wanted to save some funny moments and dialogue but nooooo.

Totally didn't realize this is why potato pictures of dialogue are a thing.. Thought only video recording was blocked.

Around the launch of a big game, I'm used to seeing a bunch of screenshots on twitter. Obviously with Persona it has just been silence.

This decision surely has a negative impact on sales, right?

daveo42

Banned
While I rarely take videos or screenshots of games because I tend to forget to do those things, the Atlus locks on content are insane. Nothing past 7/7, no native screenshots or video on PS4, stream limits to 90mins, and no end in sight for any of these restrictions are straight bullshit.

Totally didn't realize this is why potato pictures of dialogue are a thing.. Thought only video recording was blocked.

Everything is blocked for the game. Every trophy screenshot is also locked regardless of if it's related to the main plot, side plot, or otherwise.

hamchan

Altus are such fucking prudes. Like when they made the only region locked PS3 game with Persona 4 Arena. What's wrong with them.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I do not enjoy coming up with names for characters. I just need a randomize button please.

KingKong

is there a single good reason that Jeff and Vinny can't record the Persona 5 endurance run by pointing the camera at the screen, using fake accents and uploading it to a new private channel

Top Bottom