• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why would any one expect teens to think Vice is cool? It's for old people in their 20s and 30s. That'd be like expecting teens to know what Giant Bomb is

Seriously. People here think their taste are evergreen.

You're getting replaced peeps. We all are.

I'm actually uncertain about Jeff's stance is on Persona 5. Is he completely uninterested after the time they spent in the Quick Look? His comment about how great 4 was and then asking how 5 is doing in the reviews seemed strange.

Meguro

Banned
Jeff does not care about P5 and expecting him to probably only pushed him further away from the game.
P4 was a once in a lifetime event.

Antiwhippy

Also I find it weird that he doesn't even really seem to bother looking at the reception of games anymore.

Like in the nier stream he said that people were feeling colder on it and I was like, what?

I'm 33 and certainly don't class myself as one. We were born in the 80s dude c'mon!

Yeah, still a millenial. If you're born after 1984 you're a millennial.

daveo42

Banned
Giant Bomb #28 | Just a bunch of old people

I'm actually uncertain about Jeff's stance is on Persona 5. Is he completely uninterested after the time they spent in the Quick Look? His comment about how great 4 was and then asking how 5 is doing in the reviews seemed strange.

If I remember right, he said he hadn't even touched it since they recorded the QL. maybe he's playing something else for review or he's holding out for Atlus to change their tune on their media policy on Persona 5.

Yeah, still a millenial. If you're born after 1984 you're a millennial.

I thought it was '82, but it seems the timeframe shifts around constantly. I'm on the edge between generations.

Antiwhippy

Giant Bomb #28 | Interviewing people since 2016

It's taking forever

Well yeah, this kind of thing kinda does.

And having taken part in the hiring process where we kinda rushed through it due to project pressure I can tell you first hand that it's best not to rush. Dudes not working with me anymore for a reason...

This is for a fairly small to mid sized company too where the hiring process doesn't have to go through a bunch of paperwork that CBSi probably requires. And to work at giantbomb you need synergy, especially on camera/mic, so finding the right guy will take awhile.

xuchu

http://jeff.zone/post/159180832356/just-started-playing-persona-5-i-remembered-in

He hasn't touched it since the QL. Persona 4 was a time and a place thing that will never be recreated and if it did it would just lead to disappointment from all parties.

Antiwhippy

That's the weirdest reason though. My love for a game isn't going to make me not want to play the sequel of anything, ever. Unless to him persona is just inaba.

Strax

The VO for the player character in Thimbleweed Park might be a dealbreaker for me. My god that voice and acting is bad.

Edit: nevermind

Edit 2: Still not good.

Zocano

You do know it's all arbitrary because humans love to categorize everything regardless of if it makes sense or not right?

Generations are a thing, though, and not completely arbitrary. They're not as cut and dry obviously but there is science behind it.

Hindl

That's the weirdest reason though. My love for a game isn't going to make me not want to play the sequel of anything, ever. Unless to him persona is just inaba.

But each Persona is a unique game. The general structure is the same, but he cares about the characters, world, and story of P4. I think to him Persona is just Inaba and those characters. P5 isn't grabbing him the same way because it doesn't have those characters and it's tone is different. Persona 4 is pretty upbeat and jovial for most of the game, while Persona 5 throws you directly into the shit, even in the QL. It's like how everyone likes one FF but not the other. Or Zelda

Altus are such fucking prudes. Like when they made the only region locked PS3 game with Persona 4 Arena. What's wrong with them.

It's like some executives at the Japan HQ decided to make it their mission to burn through all of the goodwill that the US office has built up over the decades.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i'm less interested in a 'monkey island pedigree' game these days and more interested in a roberta williams pedigree

which makes sense because i thought the new kings quest was better than anything double fine or ron gilbert put out. and she was a consultant on that

Plesiades

giphy.gif

imBask

Banned
I really want them to watch Gone in 60 seconds

I really want Movies and 40s to be a weekly thing actually, it's pretty much the best content on the site right now

Mr. F

Banned
im ready to retire boys from the lexicon, McElroys/their fanbase ruined a good tim and eric thing

and i say this as a fan of mcelroys

Wunder

So I have an Yakuza 0 question. Why can't I use heat moves in rush style, or am I missing something?

I didn't dabble in Rush style but you can press Triangle when you're in the sphere grid and check out Rush-specific heat actions. Since you can't grab anyone in Rush you can't use the generic ones. I believe there are a couple rush heat actions, but I might be wrong.

Hjod

Banned
I didn't dabble in Rush style but you can press Triangle when you're in the sphere grid and check out Rush-specific heat actions. Since you can't grab anyone in Rush you can't use the generic ones. I believe there are a couple rush heat actions, but I might be wrong.

Ok, I'll have a look. Thanks!

What are the best video with Vinny and Dave in it?
Already watched Blade Runner and some Flight videos and finishing the Dwarf Fortress videos but I'll need more soon.

Top Bottom