• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Wunder

*secret P5 endurance run being recorded*

Though seriously some of the reasons for not doing an endurance run seem real flimsy to me.

They don't want to do a sequel to something that was a once in a lifetime special thing? That's bullshit, you're playing video games on the internet not writing Crime and Punishment. Also even James Cameron came back to make Terminator 2 y'know.

Not feeling the cast/game? They've only played 1 and a half hours of it without doing anything in the game and haven't met anyone yet.

Love of Persona 4 making it hard to like a new entry in the franchise? That's weird because it's been 9 years and the games are standalone.

Altus streaming restrictions? Fair enough though I thought the reasons of hosting your own videos is that you don't have to abide by stuff like this.

Too laborious to play through games on the internet and give the fans what they want? Not really.

Not playing it for an irrational reason? Ok can't do anything about that.

Basically I hope that ER is being recorded and the constant "we haven't touched it since the QL a month ago" they keep saying for some reason is just a set up to a swerve.

you're working yourself into a shoot

daveo42

Banned
Jeff's reasons for not doing another Persona ER are sound. While I think they could do it justice without retreading old ground, it's also on GB to decide if it's something they would enjoy as well as the audience.

I love the first shot/intro lol

The park scene with the guy playing sax was my personal favorite.

kiguel182

I made a deal with myself. If I finish MGSV in the next couple weeks I can buy Yakuza in this promo.

I'm still in mission 20 something and if I buy a new game I'm never finishing it.

I need to finish more games!

Can they politely ask Drew to pop in for a few hours and fix whatever Jason has done to the audio setup?

This reminds me of a shitty art installation I saw In college.

giphy.gif

hamchan

Ignoring the Atlus stuff, they clearly don't want to, nor do they have the time or capacity. They aren't alone in a Sausalito basement, they're both married, one with children, working as fairly important people within a massive bureaucratic nightmare we call the CBSi family. They didn't have all of the crazy meetings in their schedule back then, and if something goes wrong in the recording Vinny isn't going to be able to stay up till midnight fixing it. Plus Jeff (and possibly Vinny) is attached to the characters in Persona 4 only and doesn't care about Persona 5, nor does he want to invest the time into getting attached to them

He said that during the QL which was apparently recorded around a month ago, and he hasn't played beyond that

The "they have families" excuse doesn't really work when half the world is married or have family to look after, and they don't get Mondays off, or get to come into work at 10am, or are doing much more laborious work at more hours in general.

And the attachment to Persona 4 characters sounds like a hollow reason to me too. It's been 9 years and the games are standalone from each other. Like, how do they play any other game after Persona 4 now apparently? Is Persona 4 the be all and end all of video games? If Persona 5 wasn't called Persona 5 and called like "High School Danger Thieves: Zero Dawn: Blood and Wine" would their attachment to the Persona 4 characters not matter anymore?

clemmy

I've only been subscribed and been watching a lot of GB content for a few months now, but has it always been this much of a shitshow or is Jason just maybe in a little over his head at times?

Top Bottom