• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Zaph

RWGYAhW.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
after watching thimbleweed park, i realized that 4th wall humor is probably the lamest humor ever and i can't remember the last time i ever laughed at it

probably sam and max

They've done it now!

I think they'd like it! That first Kingdom Hearts game is just a great action JRPG, far less incomprehensible than any of the others.

I would definitely watch it and enjoy it, just not sure they would get hooked... there is a long stretch of time with no real story, especially in 1 haha. I can see some of the platforming making them frustrated too. Would love to see it happen though!

hamchan

For the time thing, the last endurance run was Shenmue. All the other ERs happened when they weren't at CBSi yet, so they had more time. Now think about what happened with the Shenmue ER. They dropped it out of the blue because they were recording it in secret the entire time Dan was in NY, which was awesome. But don't you remember everyone here questioning what the hell Dan was doing when he was visiting GBE? Outside of podcasts, the content we got out of GBE while Dan was visiting was:

3 QLs
Summer Games Olympiad
GBE Game Design Academy
Hitman Double Agent
A VinnyVania episode

for an entire month. No GBE playdates either. Compare that to their current output. That's the content output you're looking at if you have Jeff and Vinny do a P5 ER, and consider that a P5 ER would be probably 4 times as long as a Shenmue ER.

Now maybe they only do it every so often, or once a week. That could work. But an Endurance Run is never going to happen. And they don't show enough interest to do it once a week either.

And the FF thing wasn't about that, it's just that there are people who love one game but the other doesn't grab them because it doesn't have the same world or characters. It's not like Jeff didn't play Persona 5. He played it for an hour and a half, and it didn't do enough to interest him. You can say that's unfair, but if he isn't into the characters or the story, especially compared to P4, he's not going to play further and try to get into it

I don't think that comparison works. They had to drop everything and make the Shenmue ER the priority due to Dan's limited time in New York. It was a large drop in output followed by a large release. A potential Persona 5 ER wouldn't have a time limit like that, which means potential output levels should remain steady and be around the same amount of hours as we have now.

I could actually see a P5 ER improving their efficiency since it's recorded in bulk, which means less setup time and less prep time, which takes apparently Vinny 1-2 hours sometimes for just a single quick look.

And the FF thing is supporting what I'm saying. Just because someone really loves one game in the series and gets really attached to it, doesn't prevent them from loving other games in the series.

Also one of the main points of the original ER was that it forced them to play through a game which had a long set up time and that they normally wouldn't play. They didn't seem too into Persona 4 in the first hour and a half where it was mostly pushing x. If they really are giving up on P5 after an hour and a half because they aren't into it yet (which I'm not actually convinced this is true), then that's a failure to remember what they learned in the P4 ER:

That if you give a game a chance and more time, it could unexpectedly be one of your All Time Favourites

Basically, don't write off P5 coverage just yet.

In the P5 quick look they straight up say that one example of how things have changed from 2009 to today is that they had to skip a meeting just to be able to record that video.

Keep in mind also that Jeff and Vinny are basically the heads of their respective offices so they probably are the two busiest people on the entire crew.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In the P5 quick look they straight up say that one example of how things have changed from 2009 to today is that they had to skip a meeting just to be able to record that video.

Keep in mind also that Jeff and Vinny are basically the heads of their respective offices so they probably are the two busiest people on the entire crew.

almost like the buyout was a bad idea

TraBuch

Banned
Did someone say replace UPF with a Persona 5 livestream every week?

In all seriousness, if Jeff really was planning on playing Persona 5 eventually, I don't see why he couldn't just do it on his Monday streams instead of whatever boring ass Atari games he usually plays.

Lunar FC

In all seriousness, if Jeff really was planning on playing Persona 5 eventually, I don't see why he couldn't just do it on his Monday streams instead of whatever boring ass Atari games he usually plays.

Didn't you hear? They're only doing boring content in 2017.

Tagyhag

Well can he do it with Atlus' streaming requirements?

hamchan

So they're really emphasizing they had to skip a meeting, as if we don't see Vinny in every piece of GBEast content and we didn't just watch Jeff do an hour long stream fixing a Blitz machine.

I would like a KH ER too, but is it a bit mean to think that the original KH might actually be too hard for them?

Nah, it can be rough till you get cure. I don't think they would like the platforming or camera either (even though the camera is miles better in the remaster).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Uh no. Monday is Atari day every Monday.

hamchan

THERE. ARE. FOUR. LIGHTS!

Sorry Vinny.

But honestly once Beast in the East or Blue Bombin finishes, that's a gap left for another game to play weekly. Why not give the audience what they're clammoring for? I don't know why fulfilling demand has to be seen as such a weird thing in this thread or in Giant Bomb in general.

I'll take it with just GBEast without Jeff too.

Top Bottom