• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I will definitely get a switch later on the cycle. Trying to stop buying everything day one and living like a poor person because of it. Hope you folks are enjoying it though.

I feel like Jeff is only down on it due to not really diving in. It seems like a lot of his issue are early pains that will fade away with upgrades.

kiguel182

I'm trying to not buy Horizon but this also makes me want to buy Horizon since there's similarities and I can't afford Switch + Zelda.

My self control is going crazy!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait for Jeff to complain about the stamina meter and Dan to tell him to go back to his open world checklist simulator at GOTY

I feel like Jeff is only down on it due to not really diving in. It seems like a lot of his issue are early pains that will fade away with upgrades.

I don't think his opinion on the game is that valuable at this point. I'm not saying it will change, or that he is not capable of speaking intelligently about it, but he has played so little of such a massive game. And other have played so, so much more.

Tubobutts

I'm trying to not buy Horizon but this also makes me want to buy Horizon since there's similarities and I can't afford Switch + Zelda.

Just remember that videogames will never make you happy so there's no point in buying any ever.

Catvoca

Banned
I'm saving my money for Mass Effect and Persona since I'm a broke college student. Those are the games I care the most about playing at launch but it means I'm going crazy looking at all the great games out right now that I can't play.

Just remember that videogames will never make you happy so there's no point in buying any ever.

I guess I'll never buy anything ever so.

Acknowledging that the Wii U has been out for nearly five years, having my Switch sitting next to it makes the Wii U seem like the dumbest thing.

I don't think his opinion on the game is that valuable at this point. I'm not saying it will change, or that he is not capable of speaking intelligently about it, but he has played so little of such a massive game. And other have played so, so much more.

Yeah, I think he himself is kind of saying that when he brings up him not diving in all that much yet. I think he's acknowledging the fact that a lot of his issues could very well be ironed out over the length of the game.

Some issues he brings up though, just seem like weird quibbles to have.

You know, ThoseDeafMutes is working his dark magic on me--a few of his posts have actually piqued my interest in ME:A. (I've been rather adamantly against it until recently.) But I vow I'm not doing anything crazy like getting it any time soon.

I hope it's better than has looked so far.

Worst comes to worst, Jeff could just look up the gameplay on Wikipedia.
The Zelda section is over now.

Thanks!

jacobs34

Horizon is really great. I'm about 10 hours in and I've already had a handful of "I can't believe this game is doing this moments." The mix of satisfying combat and sense of wonder from exploring is better than I've experienced in any other open world game before.

(Note: I have not played the new Zelda, but look forward to getting my hands on it.)

Maybe this one will!

image.php

He's always given his impressions on games in an off-the-cuff style. I think that, to the people that aren't used to the way Jeff talks about games, he always comes off as negative. Which is why some people expect him to trash everything. That's not really the case, though.

I'm more curious to here how he feels about it in the coming weeks after he's put more in-depth time into it. Brad seems to be more up on it compared to his thoughts post-E3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see anyone but Jeff being behind horizon by the end of the year

he's gonna get Titanfall 2'd again
He's always given his impressions on games in an off-the-cuff style. I think that, to the people that aren't used to the way Jeff talks about games, he always comes off as negative. Which is why some people expect him to trash everything. That's not really the case, though.

I'm more curious to here how he feels about it in the coming weeks after he's put more in-depth time into it. Brad seems to be more up on it compared to his thoughts post-E3.

watch how jeff talks about horizon then how he talks about zelda. there's nothign negative about the way he talks about horizon. he's not hype manning it or whatever but there's a clear difference between games hes into and games he isnt

kiguel182

I need to see those controllers in person. They are tiny but the GB crew are also big dudes and I'm a small person so they aren't a good example for me.

Yeah, I think he himself is kind of saying that when he brings up him not diving in all that much yet. I think he's acknowledging the fact that a lot of his issues could very well be ironed out over the length of the game.

We'll see what he thinks in a couple weeks! The problems he has with it now are such non-issues to me.

Catvoca

Banned
I'm sure these expansions are good and I know they were a kickstarter thing but man I just wish the Shovel Knight devs would make a whole new game.

Lunar FC

Jeff is the king of having weird quibbles with games.

We'll see what he thinks in a couple weeks! The problems he has with it now are such non-issues to me.

He's never really been into crafting and survival games, though, has he? He's was OK with No Man's Sky, but lost interest in it fairly quickly. I think that, that aspect of the game is going to trouble him, and that's fine. Like you said, I want to hear what he thinks after he's put some real time in the game. It won't change my opinion on the game, but I do value his thoughts quite a bit.

The issue with games that rely on these mechanics is that late game is far different than early game, and the latter can definitely turn some people off.

Top Bottom