• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Zaph

fdH5Hdc.png

We already knew this, but, damn.

Best of luck Drew

Kaizer

Banned
Man, didn't think the stream would get me, but it did. I'm really gonna miss Drew, he grew to be my favorite guy on the site. I wasn't around during the Whiskey Media era of GB, by the time I became a fan, Patrick had just joined the site. After Ryan's passing, the site was in a murky spot & Drew really stepped up as a "personality" for the site in a big way. When he & Dan teamed up and started doing Metal Gear Scanlon & Game Tapes it was amazing - we got to learn a lot about both them and the two meshed really well together on video.

I sincerely wish Drew the best in whatever his future endeavors, whatever they are. Been a fan of Giant Bomb for several years now and I hope they're here for years to come. And with that being said, there could potentially be three new people at Giant Bomb by year's end - I've found something to enjoy about every person that's been a part or appeared frequently on the site and I look forward to seeing who Jeff will bring on.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm really enjoying Zelda but jeeeeezzz.... Going from Horizon to Zelda is rough on the eyes... It reminds me of before I had Lasik and would take off my glasses.

Also it's tough to get back to a Nintendo controller layout (the Zelda button mapping being weird doesn't help).

Watching those E3 videos from just a few years ago and yet it feels like forever ago. Jeff mentioned what a strange feeling that was seeing previews from games like Quantum Break and that 2013 Xbox briefing and I felt the same way. We're a little over three years into this gen but it feels so much longer.

West coast is getting so empty now with just three main people.

Going to miss you Drew! <>

Wunder

I'm really enjoying Zelda but jeeeeezzz.... Going from Horizon to Zelda is rough on the eyes... It reminds me of before I had Lasik and would take off my glasses.

Also it's tough to get back to a Nintendo controller layout (the Zelda button mapping being weird doesn't help).

Does Horizon feel weird to you in any way? It feels so zoomed in and when I move the camera it feels like the blur kicks in and I can't really see much.

kingocfs

They should really start a feature where they just do commentary on old videos. That GOTY video they did was great too.

I never realized Brad went so hard in the paint when it came to drinking.

Megasoum

Banned
Does Horizon feel weird to you in any way? It feels so zoomed in and when I move the camera it feels like the blur kicks in and I can't really see much.

Yeah a bit too. Also, maybe it'S just because I've had a rough week at work but for some reason I always get super tired 30min in any of the play sessions I've had so far.

Wunder

Yeah a bit too. Also, maybe it'S just because I've had a rough week at work but for some reason I always get super tired 30min in any of the play sessions I've had so far.

Good to know it isn't just me. There's something claustrophobic about the perspective/field of view that makes it hard to play.

Kaizer

Banned
Good to know it isn't just me. There's something claustrophobic about the perspective/field of view that makes it hard to play.

I've only felt claustrophobic during Horizon whenever I enter a city/village. The camera likes to zoom in on Aloy for some reason & makes it a little hard to navigate.

WTF??? I never thought to mention it because I thought it was just me, but I also get hella tired after about 45 minutes of play. What the hell? Maybe it is the FOV.

Wunder

WTF??? I never thought to mention it because I thought it was just me, but I also get hella tired after about 45 minutes of play. What the hell? Maybe it is the FOV.

yeah, I dont necessarily get tired, its just taxing. Like spending time in focus/detective mode and looking for shit to scan/pick up feels super sluggish and i dislike it a lot. I like a lot about the game but it can get hard to play sometimes

So I'm gonna buy a 40 for my viewing of 2F2F tomorrow with the Beast Commentary and it's my first time I'm ever gonna drink one...I have three (technically 4 options) at the store I merchandise the most.

Milwaukee Best Ice
Milwaukee Best Lager
Magnum
Colt 45 (but it's only a 32 oz...technicality)

Leaning toward Magnum for some reason.

btw 40oz are in plastic bottles now, well the Milwaukee brands are. Colt 45 is still glass.

Watching that switch stream and seeing all the posts about the numerous poor design choices they made with this thing...

I dunno man. I dunno. I want to like it but it seems like they really didn't think a lot of this stuff through.

Top Bottom