• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Does Horizon feel weird to you in any way? It feels so zoomed in and when I move the camera it feels like the blur kicks in and I can't really see much.

Of the little I played, Horizon randomly moving the camera to the left or the right of Aloy can be disorienting. Nothing major.

End of an era. GBWest has already been kind of stale and unexciting for a pretty long time now, but it'll stick out even more without Drew. Hope the new hires aren't too far off.

jambo

Unprofessional Fridays: 03/03/2017

We bid a fond adieu to our Drew.
2924123-upf030317.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Man I love Film and 40s... Except for the part where I have to watch 2 Fast 2 Furious lol

Really looking forward to next week tho

I'm really gonna miss Drew. Along with Dan, the dude really helped pull the site out of its funk after Ryan passed.

And now they have to look for replacements for both of them.

TraBuch

Banned
I really dug that 2 Fast 2 Furious soundtrack. Ludacris, 8Ball, Dead Prez, Jin, Joe Budden, R Kelly. There were some gems in there. Especially the 8Ball song.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm kinda surprised Alex doesn't recognize Jin. Kinda feels like anybody that listened to rap in the early 2000s knew who he was because of 106 & Park.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The beastcast broke down why i hate gta open world games.

It just seems like a place for you to go to do missions.

It doesn't feel like a world you can do things in.

Man I wish I didn't have shitty San Francisco hotel wifi right now, have a plane to catch tomorrow and don't get home till midday on Sunday ;_;

I dropped off 4 bottles so hopefully they save one or two for Johnny V, Lang and Boyes at E3 =D

Gonna miss Drew a ton! Dying to watch this! Gah!

Man I wish I didn't have shitty San Francisco hotel wifi right now, have a plane to catch tomorrow and don't get home till midday on Sunday ;_;

I dropped off 4 bottles so hopefully they Dave one or two for Johnny V, Lang and Boyes at E3 =D

Drew got a little flustered with it.

After an hour of playing BotW in portable mode, my right thumb wants to tear itself off of my hand and go live out the rest of its days in the woods. The stick placement on the joycons is not made for people who adjust the camera frequently (or for 30 year olds with slowly deteriorating bodies, apparently). Feels fine on a Pro controller, though; just wish the game didn't have the performance problems when docked.

Antiwhippy

After an hour of playing BotW in portable mode, my right thumb wants to tear itself off of my hand and go live out the rest of its days in the woods. The stick placement on the joycons is not made for people who adjust the camera frequently (or for 30 year olds with slowly deteriorating bodies, apparently). Feels fine on a Pro controller, though; just wish the game didn't have the performance problems when docked.

Hmm, can't say i have any problems ergonomically, but ergonomics is didn't for everyone.

Oh, and also, botw might be one of my favourite open worlds I've played in so far, right next to stalker:soc.

kingocfs

I dropped off 4 bottles so hopefully they save one or two for Johnny V, Lang and Boyes at E3 =D

Well done

Also I feel like Botw is outdoing the witness at its own shtick.

honestly it's kinda genius in that it lets you mark the map, and everything it reveals isn't covered by icons. It's something so simple and kind of a devolution of what say, Assassins Creed does, but it's so effective in increasing the wonder that one experiences.

I expect more open world games to take that queue-that revealing the map simply reveals the map and not everything within it. BoTW is a game that says 'There is still wonder to be had without the use of marks'.

Lunar FC

honestly it's kinda genius in that it lets you mark the map, and everything it reveals isn't covered by icons. It's something so simple and kind of a devolution of what say, Assassins Creed does, but it's so effective in increasing the wonder that one experiences.

I expect more open world games to take that queue-that revealing the map simply reveals the map and not everything within it. BoTW is a game that says 'There is still wonder to be had without the use of marks'.

Haven't got my hands on BotW yet,
fuck you amazon
, but I feel like Horizon and does this just as well. The only things are on the map are campfires and places you can find certain enemy types. It provides for some amazing moments because that game is basically just a screenshot generator.

Edit: I'm going to be singing Horizons praises from the rooftops for the next week or so. So be expecting that.

Antiwhippy

I'm more talking about the moments where you go "that can't be... is it?"

And then you get rewarded for noticing it.

I'm actually surprised at how many I've found so far.

I'm more talking about the moments where you go "that can't be... is it?"

And then you get rewarded for noticing it.

I'm actually surprised at how many I've found so far.

well, that's a part of it. Because nothing is revealed, it lets the player discover at their own pace. And because of the open endedness of it, you can discover whatever at their own pace without being led through a single path or by an objective.

Top Bottom