• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that. I think, especially based on Brad's comments in this thread, that the team doesn't really give a shit what the numbers on paper are. They'll make comments once they actually are able to compare both versions in person. If it's super noticeable to them, I guarantee they'll talk about it.

People are trying to draw them into the CONSOLE WARZ and they've never really been that sort of site.

This is what I got from it. Jeff didn't have any problem stating the PS4 was more powerful than the XB1 but both were lacking next to a good PC. They just don't care because power has so little to do with which machine will be more successful.

Brashnir

Now that that's done, I guess we return to our regularly-scheduled thread. With that said....

OMG guys wtf, where's the premium content for today? Geez, what a bunch of slackers!

Now that that's done, I guess we return to our regularly-scheduled thread. With that said....

OMG guys wtf, where's the premium content for today? Geez, what a bunch of slackers!

I don't even think Brad was in work today, and I think Vinny and Jeff went home early. ON A MONDAY! I want a detailed account of what the heck they do all day.

Brashnir

Useless for me at work. I can't watch twitch archives on my phone. Only GB archives will do!

If I had to guess, I'd say it probably won't be up today. All the people who would upload it just spent 24 straight hours playing games.

Jokab

I believe they said they're not archiving the stream on the site. I mean come on, it's 24 hours of content, the 2-hour UPF take long enough as it is. I'm guessing they'd have to cut it up into chunks, which would take forever. So twitch archives is probably all we're getting.

Brashnir

I believe they said they're not archiving the stream on the site. I mean come on, it's 24 hours of content, the 2-hour UPF take long enough as it is. I'm guessing they'd have to cut it up into chunks, which would take forever. So twitch archives is probably all we're getting.

They specifically broke out chunks as they were going for archives. They also archived last year's halo-thon on the main site.

They took "breaks" to divide it in segments to the Archive.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
nutshockqbq9z.gif

LiK

Brad's a different story. I think someone said he was going to post an edited version of his marathon?
don't think they would do that. Would suck if they did cuz I liked the lil bits of story and reactions to the segment. They better not touch it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
They just don't care because power has so little to do with which machine will be more successful.

They don't report on things that will make the machines more successful, they report on video game news.

I think that them purposely trying to ignore it is weird and if they really don't care about it at all, since it seemed to be big news and it has heavy implications, they should have reported it and explained why it doesn't really matter.

It seemed like they were specifically not reporting on it BECAUSE they knew so many people wanted to see them report on it - which is really backwards.

If they think it doesn't matter, clearly a lot of others do so it would be worthwhile for them to explain why it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom