• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunzio

Yeah, I stopped following Patrick on Tumblr a few days ago because of things like that. Instead of him actually answering questions, like most of his posts now are just stupid gif responses to stupid posts.

He's falling down a weird Tumblr hole full of gif responses. I've been there. It's a dark place.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What? It's almost as they have a history of wanting to do things less the more people whine about them.

and thank god they do.

it's by far the stupidest fucking thing to grace the internet forums in a good long while. any publication publishing articles on it continue to dig themselves deeper into the hole of idiocy.

That is quite a turnaround...

VDUbJ0R.png

I struggled to get though most shooters on PS3 (even had problems with Uncharted a few times)

It makes no sense for Infinity Ward to sacrifice resolution for framerate on one console and not on the other.

No, it doesn't. In my head though it was some mysterious mandate from Sony that all launch games had to be 1080p, in hopes of some cosmic justice for the way people are handling that issue. Of course the resolution stuff is really important but you'd think games journalism was being apologetic about an oceanic oil spill.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Ok all us bitchers can shut the fuck up now:
Jeff's COD Ghosts Review said:
Additionally, this review does not currently account for the Xbox One version of the game. This review will be updated to reflect the differences in that version in the near future.

Dragon

Banned
Did anyone get a clean cut of Marky Mark saying 'That video was phat!' from the 24hr? I REALLY want them to use that.

I already saw them play that silly game. Honestly Windjammers is the highlight of the stream for me (although I missed some hours while I slept).

Mr. F

Banned
aw nuts

maybe i'll skip another year

Further supported by Polygon's review;

Polygon said:
Much has been said about the fact that the PlayStation 4 version of the game runs at a native 1080p, and while that may be true, the game did struggle to maintain a steady framerate, especially in hectic multiplayer matches. The PS3 version of the game ran into similar problems, whereas the Xbox 360 version maintained a steady 60 frames per second.

I have no stake in this as I don't give a shit, but significant frame rate dips in multiplayer sounds like pretty bad news.

Curufinwe

Yeah, the idea that COD never ever dropped below 60 is not accurate.

As long-time Digital Foundry readers may recall, Call of Duty on console very rarely actually runs at the "rock solid 60FPS" that it is often lauded for. Performance drops are to be expected bearing in mind the mere 16.66ms of rendering time available per frame and the sheer amount of action and effects work that can kick off without warning at any given point. The trick is to ensure that frame-rate remains high enough to pass as the highest possible frame-rate - something that we like to call the "perceptual 60FPS".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom