• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

He really has lost the plot since the 90s. Some of the latter books are even more crazier.

It was always thought that he had not actually written the books for ten years but you could imagine him supplying the plot outlines. It will be interesting to see if it gets less right wing now he has died and I wonder if they will still put stuff out with just his name or they will add the ghostwriter too - like they did with Frank Herbert and Robert Jordan.

Goldmund

Did they update their video player? I suddenly have no stuttering issues anymore and they seem to support higher frame rates now.

Dragon

Banned
Screen%20Shot%202013-11-06%20at%201.48.02%20PM.png

Imagine that cast was pretty awful? Talk about as stuffing as many snobby try hards in one place at once. Both Patrick and Alex have an awful tendency of pretending to know more than they do and talking out their bottoms. Although to be fair Beyond has plenty of narrative silliness to quibble at but I can't imagine the discussion being all that enlightening.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Guys where are Brad and Jeff's impressions from that Xbox One event last week. Really weird there is no official write-up on the site.

Am I doing this right?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Imagine that cast was pretty awful? Talk about as stuffing as many snobby try hards in one place at once. Both Patrick and Alex have an awful tendency of pretending to know more than they do and talking out their bottoms. Although to be fair Beyond has plenty of narrative silliness to quibble at but I can't imagine the discussion being all that enlightening.

I haven't watched it, but knowing Justin McElroy... I like the dude and think he's super hilarious, but he at times does try a bit too hard to seem intellectual. I'd imagine that it'll rear its head in the video.

derFeef

Guys where are Brad and Jeff's impressions from that Xbox One event last week. Really weird there is no official write-up on the site.

Am I doing this right?

Wondering that too, honestly. I guess they were not really impressed since Brad is talking about only DR3 to be a good game.

Zaph

Am I doing this right?
I haven't listened to the Bombcast, did the Microsoft NDA break before or after it?

If there's nothing on the cast, surely there'll be something tomorrow?

popo

Wondering that too, honestly. I guess they were not really impressed since Brad is talking about only DR3 to be a good game.

I think the NDA is up tomorrow on that stuff.

So Sony is having the press fly out the NY to play PS4 games and then they get a console to take back with them. So why not just let them play the stuff themselves? Hookers and blow is my guess.

fourstorks

Neo Member
Yeah that spoiler cast was in dire need of someone that went beyond smugly shitting on the game.

What are you talking about? All of them seemed to find parts of the game enjoyable and talked about both the positives and negatives in an entertaining way. I thought it was pretty great.

I'm excited to hear about their impressions of the Xbox One. Hopefully we can get a Skype check in on the podcast next week like Vinny proposed on the most recent Bombcast.

demidar

Last night I dreamed I was playing Windjammers. I haven't even heard of that game prior to it being played in the GTAV online stream. Ugh, too much exposure... or not enough.

On another topic, the website's videos tab now has an Extra Life category. Also I wish the Beyond spoilercast had an audio-only version.

Zoggy

Yeah that spoiler cast was in dire need of someone that went beyond smugly shitting on the game.

yeah those two kotaku guys just can't say anything without seeming like condescending dicks.

one of them was on a sessler spoiled games too

ok man we get it, you're above it all and every game you play is stupid and beneath you.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
yeah those two kotaku guys just can't say anything without seeming like condescending dicks.

one of them was on a sessler spoiled games too

ok man we get it, you're above it all and every game you play is stupid and beneath you.

Two Kotaku guys? If one you're referring to is Justin McElroy, he's from Polygon.

pelican

That explains it of course. I have to remind myself that they are a small group but still have to deal with the bussines stuff and can't always fully concentrate on content.

And remember they are a smaller group than last year due to Ryan's passing, and Patrick returning home.

Jokab

So I haven't been keeping up at all with the whole resolution thing. What's up with that? Can anyone give a real quick rundown of what it's about?

So I haven't been keeping up at all with the whole resolution thing. What's up with that? Can anyone give a real quick rundown of what it's about?

COD Ghosts is 720p on Xbox One and 1080p on PS4, fanboys are salty, they have asked Jeff's opinion on the matter and he's been mum about the issue. So people are upset because of his lack of reaction.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an impromtu LOLS just before pathfinder. Rorie, Ian and Vinny are already there. Dont wanna get anyone's hopes up, though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom