• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda21

is it weird that i'm watching every LoLs twice? like once the week of, and then again before the new one?

not sure if its the game being amazing or just the stream but its really fun to watch.

birdman

You know what you do have access to? The rest of the entire fucking internet. Do you feel like Giant Bomb's lack of coverage has led to you not having the facts on the power of these two consoles? Get real. If you're on GAF, you have more than enough resources to educate yourself and make a solid purchasing decision.

You want them to validate your decision, not inform it.

Time to close up shop! We have a winner!

popo

Black Dragon getting in on that Dark Souls streaming action now too. The stars are aligned. I hope where ever he ends up, they give him the freedom to just stream or write about whatever he likes. Maybe he should just become a youtube personality and shun traditional sites.

bjork

is it weird that i'm watching every LoLs twice? like once the week of, and then again before the new one?

not sure if its the game being amazing or just the stream but its really fun to watch.

My GB hook was Game Room videos, and I've probably watched all of those 4-5x each.

Booshka

You know what you do have access to? The rest of the entire fucking internet. Do you feel like Giant Bomb's lack of coverage has led to you not having the facts on the power of these two consoles? Get real. If you're on GAF, you have more than enough resources to educate yourself and make a solid purchasing decision.

This.

Nopren

Wow
g007_citizen_kane_slow_clap.gif

CzarTim

I understood the criticism at first because of the condescending attitude. But at this point Patrick has said he should have written an article, Jeff said he was concerned about framerate, and Brad was Brad. Time to move on.

Do you trust the "entire fucking internet"?

I don't put a lot of stock into what sites like IGN, Polygon, etc.. say. I've followed these guys for donkeys years and I actually respect their opinions, well some of their opinions anyway.

If you use internet forums to inform your decision then there is something wrong with you, I'm not saying journalists can't be bias but GB cuts through the bullshit to tell you how it is, some of the stuff I've read on NeoGaf lately is ridiculous.

I don't put a lot of stock into what sites like IGN, Polygon, etc.. say. I've followed these guys for donkeys years and I actually respect their opinions, well some of their opinions anyway.

If you use internet forums to inform your decision then there is something wrong with you.

Then you know what their opinion is. Basically, don't buy a console at launch.

popo

A bunch of xbone game NDA expire on the 14th but even if they got early console I doubt they would be able to show much ahead of launch.

I suspect both streams will take the format of the Wii-U launch - without the 2 hours of wifi hassle and the general feeling of disinterest :D

If you use internet forums to inform your decision then there is something wrong with you, I'm not saying journalists can't be bias but GB cuts through the bullshit to tell you how it is, some of the stuff I've read on NeoGaf lately is ridiculous.

They have only seen them in controlled environments - so until they actually have ubits they can't give a no-BS opinion. Other than, as said, Vinny and Brad have warned against buying launch hardware at all.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
A bunch of xbone game NDA expire on the 14th but even if they got early console I doubt they would be able to show much ahead of launch.

I suspect both streams will take the format of the Wii-U launch - without the 2 hours of wifi hassle and the general feeling of disinterest :D

No, the NDAs expire 12th. Jeff has spoken about this before.

demidar

Ain't nothing wrong with internet forums (although I'm speaking mainly of Neogaf). 95% of the time a Gaffer will give you better and more in-depth information than a reviewer. Why? Because Neogaf has an incredible cross-section of fans of every single genre, they are not jaded (much) by having to play games for a living, and are devoted enough to their types of game to not only tell you what's up with a game, but even tell you how they compare to predecessors or point you to similar games if you want more. The collective knowledge of Gaf dwarfs every other gaming media and press outlet, maybe even combined.

I don't really need other gaming outlets, I got all of my information from Gaf.

popo

Jeff's on :

http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/

Sounds like they're doing both consoles launch stream on the same night. Did I hear that correct?

edit : yes i did

He said they were doing streams on launch days - plural. I think the confusion is that he also said it would be one long stream (per console) on the respective Fridays - and not a stream on Thursday and another on Friday. If they get access to consoles and the NDA on games is up before then, they might tape quick looks earlier in the week but the main launch day stream is when they will look at everything else live - like with Wii-U.

That would have been nice to know, like on the frontpage or something :p

They did, that's how I knew about it.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/giant-bomb-s-extra-life-2013-marathon-all-in-one-p/1100-4781/

but CBS is merging all the sites in to Gamespot. Why would they want more than one game site ?!?!?!?!?!?

popo

That's cool. It's a niche that Jeff has specifically stated several times that goes under-served by the current gaming press, so I wonder if he had any influence on this, despite the fact that he doesn't have any personal interest in esports.

I bet Jeff had zero influence on that dumb name. Seems like just the type that he would take the piss out of. At least it isnt onGamerZ.

Brashnir

I bet Jeff had zero influence on that dumb name. Seems like just the type that he would take the piss out of. At least it isnt onGamerZ.

Yeah, I can't argue with that one bit. It definitely sounds like a name arrived at by some corporate entity. I bet board room meetings happened where there was a side that insisted the game had to have "game" in it, and that side won.

Some duders around here seem to have soured on the morning show. What happened?

I'm still enjoying it.

I watched one or two episodes, but quickly dropped it. Never did care much for Alex and Patrick's attitude towards some games and arguments can get really annoying sometimes.

Brashnir

"On Gamer" makes me think of 'Twas the Night before Christmas

On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen, On Gamer, on Troller, on Message Board Fanboy.

Donner and Blitzen are basically Earthshaker and Zeus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom