• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

You could argue that it wasn't just games press - so more ppl attending could have been NY based. Not like when Ubi had them fly to Rome and Capcom had an event in Hawaii.

I don't understand why there is a hysterical thread about them getting review hardware and games though - as if it is anything new and somehow super shady? Is it not the same as the laptop and mobile your average office worker gets issued so that they can do their job? They all become property of the media outlets and most press end up spending a lot more than the average on their personal collections anyway.

Curufinwe

I wonder what the GB guys think about Sessler getting a debug unit after crying and complaining on twitter. It would be ridiculous if Rev3 games got one and GiantBomb didn't.

2VKflmL.png

popo

As I said in the other thread - pretty much all outlets will get them if Rev3 does. Sony will not want a backlash for playing favourites.

I imagine IGN and Gamespot were getting them anyway and if Boyes can't hook Jeff up then nobody can.

Patryn

I wonder what the GB guys think about Sessler getting a debug unit after crying and complaining on twitter. It would be ridiculous if Rev3 games got one and GiantBomb didn't.

It strikes me that GB does far more coverage about a game after it's been released (QL and the like) than before, so they might not have the same need for a debug.

I know that they like having stuff up early, but I can live without it.

cdkee

Banned
I definitely lost some respect for Sessler over this. Can't imagine I'm the only one either.

Nope. I was enjoying his videos since coming to Rev3, especially since I stopped watching him entirely once G4 became horseshit however many years ago. However his actions recently have left a very sour taste. I question whether I even want to give him views when I see his videos in my feed.

I guess it's a good thing I only just discovered giant bomb.

popo

It strikes me that GB does far more coverage about a game after it's been released (QL and the like) than before, so they might not have the same need for a debug.

I know that they like having stuff up early, but I can live without it.

IT is more about the unencrypted video out. If Sony patches it out of the retail machines fairly quickly it will be a none issue though.

As I said in the other thread - pretty much all outlets will get them if Rev3 does. Sony will not want a backlash for playing favourites.

I imagine IGN and Gamespot were getting them anyway and if Boyes can't hook Jeff up then nobody can.

Yeah there's no way Boyes would leave the crew high and dry

I definitely lost some respect for Sessler over this. Can't imagine I'm the only one either.

This

Van Owen

Banned
I can never believe Manabyte. He used to make threads here all the time about how he was going to kill himself until he got banned.

popo

They are already wheels up and heading for home. With all the press going the same way and tweeting their PS4 pictures the baggage handler supervisor is going to have to have eyes like a hawk :D

Patryn

They are already wheels up and heading for home. With all the press going the same way and tweeting their PS4 pictures the baggage handler supervisor is going to have to have eyes like a hawk :D

Based on a Jeff tweet about them educating the TSA about the PS4, it sounds like they're doing carry-on with all that stuff, which makes sense. I assume all the press is, if for no reason other than the temp drop that can occur in the baggage compartment.

fleck0

No way will they trust any airport employee, That was a Carry-on Bag if I've ever seen one.

-handily beaten

Megasoum

Banned
Nope. I was enjoying his videos since coming to Rev3, especially since I stopped watching him entirely once G4 became horseshit however many years ago. However his actions recently have left a very sour taste. I question whether I even want to give him views when I see his videos in my feed.

Exactly how I feel. I still follow Rev3 on youtube but I barely watch their videos anymore. Especially since Max Scoville left. Less and less reason to watch them.

Risible

All the ongoing horseshit with videogames journalism makes me thank God every day for Jeff Gerstmann and the Giant Bomb crew. I don't always agree with Jeff's views but God damn do I respect him and his integrity. The man walks tall and keeps it real.

derFeef

PS4 is one sexy console. The part where it does not stand flat is pretty weird though, with the amount of polish it seems to have otherwise.

All the ongoing horseshit with videogames journalism makes me thank God every day for Jeff Gerstmann and the Giant Bomb crew. I don't always agree with Jeff's views but God damn do I respect him and his integrity. The man walks tall and keeps it real.

until you find out about the hidden controversy they dont want you to know about

read it next week at your grocery store check out aisle

Megasoum

Banned
Quote from Jeff's article... I wonder if that's actually a hind to an insider info? lol

Would be amazing

But if I was putting out the PS4, I'd hide the PS1 and PS2 startup sequences in that firmware and show them when the system clock matches up with those consoles' launch dates.

Oh and Kojima dumptruck later this week. So that's who he was talking about being surprised that he got to interview.

Blastoise

Banned
I love how Jeff put all the PS4 information in one concise article, rather than have multiple articles for click-traffic. Another reason I enjoy GB.

Has VGCW moved on to 2k14? I am curious to see how that turns out.

Edit: Heh, looks like you answered my question with the edit. :p

I'm not 100% on that, but I believe Bazza (the guy who runs it) said that they were making good progress on remaking all the characters in 2K14, and that at that pace the next episode (this one) would be in 2K14. We'll find out in 2 hours!

EDIT: Seems like 2K14 is confirmed.

Jamie OD

Quote from Jeff's article... I wonder if that's actually a hind to an insider info? lol

Would be amazing

"But if I was putting out the PS4, I'd hide the PS1 and PS2 startup sequences in that firmware and show them when the system clock matches up with those consoles' launch dates."

Oh and Kojima dumptruck later this week. So that's who he was talking about being surprised that he got to interview.

I also thought Jeff's retro startup idea sounded like a "nudge nudge, wink wink" comment from him. Would be neat if that does happen.

Wow, that is a really shitty thing to do, take to social media and cry and whine to get your way. Like, really fucking I-don't-want-anything-to-do-with-you kind of shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom