• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

Green and Muir were a brilliant guests. So much fun. I don't know if anyone else felt the same way, but at times Jeff 's disposition really reminded me of Ryan's. Especially during the salty/loud segments.

Great Bombcast.

FStop7

Banned
He played well but it was maddening seeing him do the two estus gulps at times. He'd do one gulp and get his health to say 80% with a chance to roll away, but take a second consecutive gulp to get up to 100% and get hit immediately back down to 50% or 60%. He made it in the end but he could have done with a little more patience. Arguably his attempts made for better viewing though.

That was the first time I ever got frustrated watching Vinny play DS. I skipped to the last 10 minutes.

Risible

I'm SO glad I didn't read this and ruin the surprise before listening to the Bombcast. When Vinny said "I hate change, so here's Jeff and Brad" I thought he was doing a bit until Jeff Green spoke up and then I knew instantly "Oh shit I bet they got Brad Muir too!" and then BOOM. So good, and such a clever idea. I love GB.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Killzone Quicklook Up

For people who have been following this game, was the robot dog announced before or after COD Ghosts?

edit: Oops, I did ctrl+F and there were no Killzone matches a minute ago. Didn't see the post above with the link.

When are the Giant Bomb guys putting up their reviews? They are the only reviews I really take into account and I want to see what Jeff thinks about NFS:R.

Megasoum

Banned
Heh...

3Ez.jpg

popo

Vita TV has region restrictions. Poor Jeff can't catch a break. If there is a higher power then He clearly does not want to see no Vita coverage on his favourite game site.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Jeff just said on Twitter that he's not going to rush out reviews of PS4 stuff.

Jeff has said multiple times that he doesn't agree with the current mold of Videogame Reviews, and that they don't have the traffic pull they used to have, specially over time.

It's all about the video impressions. I have a feeling the New Generation stream on Friday will be a much better source of information than any review, be it from GiantBomb or not, if you need to make a decision on these new games.

Jeff has said multiple times that he doesn't agree with the current mold of Videogame Reviews, and that they don't have the traffic pull they used to have, specially over time.

It's all about the video impressions. I have a feeling the New Generation stream on Friday will be a much better source of information than any review, be it from GiantBomb or not, if you need to make a decision on these new games.

And i could see Jeff finishing the game around that the time of the launch stream but its not in text form yet and instead give his impressions

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
GB's quicklooks tell me more about the game than anything. Their reviews just dig deeper into the game and I'll read those if I'm still on the fence.

Serra

Just watched yesterdays Load My Last Souls, it was fantastic, especially the ending. Im gonna predict Vinny will have a lot of trouble at Manus and the township in general.

eot

Banned
Am I the only one who sends the elevators in Dark Souls back up? I hate having to wait for them on each boss run.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Am I the only one who sends the elevators in Dark Souls back up? I hate having to wait for them on each boss run.

I was watching a GiantBomb user Extra Life stream and he would NEVER send the elevator back up. I mentioned it to him on the Stream (it was driving me Crazy) and he said "Hm, I don't plan on dying this time, but I'll keep that in mind"

He, obviously, died 3 times and forgot to send the elevator back on all of them. On the fourth, he sent me a shout out "I'll make sure to send the elevator back up this time around". The extra 4 seconds it takes to wait for the elevator come back kill me. It's like not only I'm not capable of killing this boss, I have to wait for this stupid thing that I could have avoided if I just sent it back before.

Deadstar

Drop the gun Jeff! I'm watching the Killzone quick look and it seems like the shield would be super useful but Jeff isn't using it much.

Saw Jeff's Twitch stream this morning, seems like if you're gonna stream you need to use the headset, Jeff's place had alot of echo

Side note: Just heard on Gamespot's stream that their video player lets you scrub back and watch stuff even during live streams! When does GB get this upgrade?

RaikuHebi

Banned
What I've seen of the Killzone QL so far interests me and I've never played Killzone before and the only FPS' I've ever completed are 007 Nightfire and BioShock Infinite.

killzone looks like every other killzone game. which is to say i'll play it two years from now when it's like $10 and probably really enjoy it because i didn't pay full-price.

Booshka

Looks real boring.

Man, why do launch games always have to fucking suck?

Gotta play it safe with new tech, most people spend 6 months getting hyped over the visuals and don't really care that the gameplay is boring as hell. Then, the games come out and everyone is disappointed.

Except for a few exceptions, it's just par for the course. Too bad there isn't a launch shooter as amazing as Halo was for the Xbox.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I thought people here might be interested in this, in regards to the GB CAH pack.

What's up with the Giantbomb expansion pack?

Love the game. Own all the expansions. So thanks for making some parties more fun.
Max Tempkin - We're still planning to make something with the Giantbomb guys, but it's been tough without Ryan. Hopefully we'll have some good news on this next year.

OMG Aero

Just went to the front page and there are Mario 3D World spoilers in the thumbnail. WTF.
Isn't that just the lady from Mario Galaxy? How is that a spoiler at all?
What people consider to be a spoiler is really out of hand these days.
The fact that Rosalina is a playable character in the new Mario game is not a spoiler, especially since this is something Nintendo themselves are saying in marketing before the game is even out.
If you want to go into a game not knowing anything that's fine, but you can't complain about a website reporting on news that Nintendo themselves have announced.

paul187

Isn't that just the lady from Mario Galaxy? How is that a spoiler at all?

Because this is 3D World not Galaxy. Not a major spoiler or anything to get mad about, just poor choice for the thumbnail.

I saw the thread here about a 5th playable so I figured it'd be her or Nabbit from Luigi U, after going to GB the surprise got spoiled for me. Oh well, like I said its no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom