• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

That quicklook made Killzone look really dull and boring.

Not surprised with the mixed reviews.

Yeah, like there was this huge fight going on in the beginning, and they just stood there, do nothing... no one cared. Those enemies are really dumb - even Killzone on the Vita does a better job with encounters.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Had they had as much exposure to the Wii U prior to its launch as they have had with the PS4? I can't remember.

ZombiU, NSMBU and Nintendo Land all had QLs recorded before the stream.

I don't think any of the Wii U online stuff was online before hand, though. Or hadn't been for very long.

It does feel like there won't be quite the same rawness to the PS4 stream, unfortunately. :(

Patryn

ZombiU, NSMBU and Nintendo Land all had QLs recorded before the stream.

I don't think any of the Wii U online stuff was online before hand, though. Or hadn't been for very long.

It does feel like there won't be quite the same rawness to the PS4 stream, unfortunately. :(

That's the feeling I'm getting. At this point, I feel like they've explored nearly every facet of the system, so there won't be any surprises for them.

webrunner

remember Killzone is the only series where killing is allowed. Everything else is outside of the kill zone and killing is illegal there.

remember that when playing call of duty all that killing is OUT OF ZONE

popo

Patrick will be getting it raw (he will be seeing the PS4 for the first time too).. Since very few ppl have a PS4 before Friday I imagine they will play more online stuff.

Megasoum

Banned
I just find it funny that people are surprised at those scores.

It's always the same thing with every launch games on every platforms.

I expect all XB1 games to have similar scores.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That touching storytime music that was playing during
Patrick talking about Portillos
. Holy fucking shit I died.

We need more ViNPR casts, even if it means pushing the Tuesday midnight deadline every week. Get Vinny permanently in the host/producer chair and keep him listening to Radiolab and Snap Judgement.

Also, I feel like this plan opens the door for Jeff to suggest a new segment where they play catchy happy music in the background while reading half-assed game descriptions for mediocre to poor downloadable games. It'll be the big new thing.

Enkidu

Holy shit. Just watched the latest Load our Last Souls and that final battle was fucking intense. Vinny did great!
Yeah, it was pretty damn intense when he actually managed to get Artorias down. It was quite entertaining to watch him try to dodge everything but it was also a bit frustrating since Artorias is probably one of the easiest bosses in the game if you just use a decent shield.

sixghost

Yeah, it was pretty damn intense when he actually managed to get Artorias down. It was quite entertaining to watch him try to dodge everything but it was also a bit frustrating since Artorias is probably one of the easiest bosses in the game if you just use a decent shield.

One of the most interesting thing about Dark Souls is that the difficulty of the bosses is dependent on your build. Some are absolute pushovers, and some bosses are hard as hell. Which ones are which depends on your build.

Danielsan

I've never played the DLC so I didn't quite feel the frustration. I was just happy to see Vinny fight the boss like a man. No heavy armor and iron flesh, but just a real 1 on 1 battle. It was great.

Manbig

I've never played the DLC so I didn't quite feel the frustration. I was just happy to see Vinny fight the boss like a man. No heavy armor and iron flesh, but just a real 1 on 1 battle. It was great.

What is a fake 1 on 1 battle? What does it mean to fight a boss like a man? To not go in with armor apparently?

panda21

i never got why people made such a big deal of the height thing in killzone but never mention it for other big games that seem to do it too. like i'm pretty sure CODGHOSTS does it but no one mentioned it

FStop7

Banned
i never got why people made such a big deal of the height thing in killzone but never mention it for other big games that seem to do it too. like i'm pretty sure CODGHOSTS does it but no one mentioned it

Most FPS do it. The POV camera is at center chest height compared to most characters you encounter. And you run at like 50 miles per hour. Back in the Quake days it was more like 90 miles per hour.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You mean the thing we've been doing on PCs since the invention of Twitch? I see.

hF2qQq6.gif

You know what I mean.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I expect all XB1 games to have similar scores.

I think out of all the launch games on both systems, Dead Rising 3 seems like it's probably the best in a "I'm going to enjoy my experience" sense but not in a "this is a well polished, next gen feeling product." People were able to fall in love with Dark Souls, even with Blightown. I think people will really enjoy Dead Rising 3, but reviewers are gonna pan it because of the performance.

What is a fake 1 on 1 battle? What does it mean to fight a boss like a man? To not go in with armor apparently?

He worded it weird, but basically cheesing the boss. The fun part about Dark Souls and what makes it cool is that you get better. You become better than your enemies and better than the bosses and you learn how to beat them. It takes a while, but eventually you feel like you've actually improved.

You can cheese it, throw on the heaviest armor in the game, equip the strongest weapon, hold it with two hands, and apply a "i take like, zero damage" buff and tank through most of the bosses of the game but it might as well be an exploit. It's an option available to you, but it's a boring way to play the game because it ignores everything that makes it good.

It changes Dark Souls from a game with deep combat mechanics and interesting risk reward in regards to when and when not to attack into the worst generic games - press forward + attack button.

hamchan

This streaming stuff from consoles is working really well. Very impressive. Of course it'll all probably die on launch day.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Some pretty disgusting trolling going on in Jeff stream. It's easy to ignore chat when it's not displayed directly on the video.

People are of course going to be as vile as possible when they know that it'll be on a video that hundreds are seeing live.

People are gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom