• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

I think out of all the launch games on both systems, Dead Rising 3 seems like it's probably the best in a "I'm going to enjoy my experience" sense but not in a "this is a well polished, next gen feeling product." People were able to fall in love with Dark Souls, even with Blightown. I think people will really enjoy Dead Rising 3, but reviewers are gonna pan it because of the performance.

Dead Rising could go either way. I can see it being in the 7 or 8 out of 10 range. Forza has the potential to score the highest. They have essentially being making the same game over and over so unless they really messed up it will be a prettier version of an excellent racer. 9+ across the board.

Some pretty disgusting trolling going on in Jeff stream. It's easy to ignore chat when it's not displayed directly on the video.

How is it on the video? are they messaging him in game or is it just that the twitch chat can't be turned off?

Damn. Twitch turning off auto-archive means I will never know. You suck it Jared.

Some insults and racial slurs but the worst were Ryan related.

Alas it is always going to be a soft target for stupid net trolls trying to get a rise out of someone. I remember being at a football game and some fat piece of garbage was screaming abuse at a player, taunting him about his son who had died in an accident several months before.

It's a poorly censored twitch chat displayed at the bottom of the video and it can definitely be turned off for sure. It wasn't on Brad's stream. Really it's being made into a bigger deal than it needs to be and that's my fault. Just caught me off guard because I typically ignore chat completely.

Alas it is always going to be a soft target for stupid net trolls trying to get a rise out of someone. I remember being at a football game and some fat piece of garbage was screaming abuse at a player, taunting him about his son who had died in an accident several months before.

Man, thats terrible.

popo

Chat can be turned off, Jeff just didn't turn it off in video.

It's a poorly censored twitch chat displayed at the bottom of the video .

ah okay. I have not seen that before.

their twitch stream isn't on their respective twitch pages.. :(

Twitch turned auto-archive off by default. I think you have to manually mark streams as saved too. So many good streams will be lost to this.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If you want to go into a game not knowing anything that's fine, but you can't complain about a website reporting on news that Nintendo themselves have announced.

To be fair, Reggie did give a spoiler warning before revealing it.

Level design in killzone seems a bit of a mess.

Hate to say it but that game looks like it needs a "click the stick for a giant ingame arrow shows you where to go" button like Bioshock Infinite and Dead Space.

Mr Jared

Damn. Twitch turning off auto-archive means I will never know. You suck it Jared.

MOHVNoc.gif

faridmon

Killzone had multiple objectives and open levels before? Shit what games have I been playing?

Open Levels? Are you re-iterating some PR marketing bullet points? from what I have watched in the QL, there is little deviation from the main path you take, there is side quests, but its not far from those aforementioned paths.

Manbig

I think out of all the launch games on both systems, Dead Rising 3 seems like it's probably the best in a "I'm going to enjoy my experience" sense but not in a "this is a well polished, next gen feeling product." People were able to fall in love with Dark Souls, even with Blightown. I think people will really enjoy Dead Rising 3, but reviewers are gonna pan it because of the performance.

He worded it weird, but basically cheesing the boss. The fun part about Dark Souls and what makes it cool is that you get better. You become better than your enemies and better than the bosses and you learn how to beat them. It takes a while, but eventually you feel like you've actually improved.

You can cheese it, throw on the heaviest armor in the game, equip the strongest weapon, hold it with two hands, and apply a "i take like, zero damage" buff and tank through most of the bosses of the game but it might as well be an exploit. It's an option available to you, but it's a boring way to play the game because it ignores everything that makes it good.

It changes Dark Souls from a game with deep combat mechanics and interesting risk reward in regards to when and when not to attack into the worst generic games - press forward + attack button.

Oh, I'm very aware of the intent. I was just teasing because of the rather poor choice of words.

Chuck

Still without luck
Alex puts up too many shitty trailers. He needs to cut back.

Also maybe he should post the new Nintendo game trailers instead. Maybe instead of payday 2 dlc. maybe? maybe.

Open Levels? Are you re-iterating some PR marketing bullet points? from what I have watched in the QL, there is little deviation from the main path you take, there is side quests, but its not far from those aforementioned paths.

Or maybe you can watch the forest level that has been shown a thousand times.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Wasn't Brad talking about an area that Jeff bypassed completely because of the route he took? It was a pretty straightforward level and even that had branching paths, I wouldn't assume that every level is as narrow as that.

justjim89

Rorie is great in that both because of comedic timing and because he's right. How people drink coffee is beyond me. It's as bitter as an ex-girlfriend, typically served hot enough to scald the inside of your mouth, and you have to add so much for it to be palatable. If you have to add cream, sugar, and who knows what else to make it taste good, then the base product is not good.

Why not just drink hot chocolate or apple cider? It warms you and it's delicious.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Rorie is great in that both because of comedic timing and because he's right. How people drink coffee is beyond me. It's as bitter as an ex-girlfriend, typically served hot enough to scald the inside of your mouth, and you have to add so much for it to be palatable. If you have to add cream, sugar, and who knows what else to make it taste good, then the base product is not good.

Why not just drink hot chocolate or apple cider? It warms you and it's delicious.

Stop drinking Folgers. Black coffee is amazing.

demidar

Coffee is delicious and refreshing. Can't start a day without a cup, although I'm a baby and put some milk in mine so it's not completely dark.

DoctorZ

Twitch and/or the GB crew need to get that auto-archive shit fixed. I hope that any trouble doesn't deter them from streaming from home more often.

popo

It has been brought to my attention that the PS4 doesn't archive twitch streaming at launch. So while I do not retract my scorn (turning off auto archive was still shitty) I will add - you suck, Cerny!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Black coffee is somewhat of an acquired taste, but you really have to be making coffee from decent stuff in the first place in order to enjoy it. I used to drink standard pre-ground Starbucks or whatever filter coffee from the store, and put plenty of sugar in it to make it palatable. It was a half decent hot and sweet drink, but I wasn't really getting any sort of distinctive flavour out of it. About a year and a half ago, I switched to a fairly inexpensive setup of a grinder + aeropress (with a metal mesh filter), and now buy all my fresh, whole-bean coffee direct from a roaster at a cheaper cost per cup than the store bought stuff. I ditched the sugar, and can now actually taste the coffee itself, and there's no unpleasant bitterness at all. I tried a cup of the store bought stuff a while ago to compare, and it just feels so flat and tasteless. I'm no expert on "flavour notes" and "mouthfeel", but good quality, freshly ground coffee just has a more complex variety of flavours in one cup. If you're finding coffee too bitter to drink, it's either poor quality, or you need to persevere to an extent in order to acquire an appreciation for it. It's kind of similar to drinking beer for the first time - wondering how the fuck anyone can palate it until you get used to it and actually start enjoying it yourself.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Probably could get used to a hobo's arm pits too.

Only, coffee is delicious once you get used to any bitterness. If you want to test your theory and lick some hobos in search of deliciousness, we'll all support you. We won't judge you, PuppetMaster pitlicker.

kiyomi

Level design in killzone seems a bit of a mess.

Hate to say it but that game looks like it needs a "click the stick for a giant ingame arrow shows you where to go" button like Bioshock Infinite and Dead Space.

Funny for a game that - apparently - near the the end gets super linear and corridor-y.

def sim

Black coffee is terrific. It took some time getting used to it years back, though.

It was mostly born out of laziness for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom