• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody has huh... jittering issues with the HTML5 player? Not sure 100% how to explain it... But I'm watching Dark Souls right now and often, especially during combat, it feels like some of the frames are doubling or something... I really don't know how to explain it but it's super annoying.

LordCanti

Anybody has huh... jittering issues with the HTML5 player? Not sure 100% how to explain it... But I'm watching Dark Souls right now and often, especially during combat, it feels like some of the frames are doubling or something... I really don't know how to explain it but it's super annoying.

No, but I'm getting terrible download speeds on this Dark Souls video (200 kb/s on a 60mbit line). I usually get more like a couple megs from them, so maybe their server is getting slammed or something?

Megasoum

Banned
No, but I'm getting terrible download speeds on this Dark Souls video (200 kb/s on a 60mbit line). I usually get more like a couple megs from them, so maybe their server is getting slammed or something?

It doesn't looks like a buffering issue because the sound is always fine. It's really something with the rendering.

The FEEL of 60 fps!
Sometimes that happens to me and it makes the timer extend further than the actual length of the video.

NickNotch

I downloaded it shortly after it showed up. Maxed out my 60mbit connection.

Mr. F

Banned
Have Brad Muir and Vinny ever been in content together? I feel like when Muir used to come by more often Vinny was always in the control room.

Just finished the latest Dark Souls video and man! Artorias is such a great boss, easily one of my favourites in the whole game. Vinny's battle cry followed by a lot of really solid play was really satisfying to see. Basically Dark Souls in a nutshell right there.

Aaron

Just finished the latest Dark Souls video and man! Artorias is such a great boss, easily one of my favourites in the whole game. Vinny's battle cry followed by a lot of really solid play was really satisfying to see. Basically Dark Souls in a nutshell right there.
If you only watched the match where Vinny beat that bastard, you'd think he was the best Dark Souls player ever. He did everything pretty much perfect.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not really. He does too many double rolls which seriously limits his chance to counterattack, and he's really bad at reading attacking patterns (notice how many times he gets hit taking a flask?), but whatever, he did good. :p He wouldn't do so well if he didn't upgrade his flask and bonfire to such a high level though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
He played well but it was maddening seeing him do the two estus gulps at times. He'd do one gulp and get his health to say 80% with a chance to roll away, but take a second consecutive gulp to get up to 100% and get hit immediately back down to 50% or 60%. He made it in the end but he could have done with a little more patience. Arguably his attempts made for better viewing though.

popo

Has anyone watched Jeff Green play Dark Souls? Just imagining people screaming at their monitors is hilarious. Like rage at Brad times a thousand :-O

eot

Banned
Yeah you're right she wasn't aggro.
Maybe Ian doesn't know about that boss, but I'd like to see Vinny fight him.

He played well but it was maddening seeing him do the two estus gulps at times. He'd do one gulp and get his health to say 80% with a chance to roll away, but take a second consecutive gulp to get up to 100% and get hit immediately back down to 50% or 60%. He made it in the end but he could have done with a little more patience. Arguably his attempts made for better viewing though.

Yeah, a bit too much button mashing going on I think. I am glad that Vinny has actually started to use the roll instead of just standing there with his shield up waiting to be hit.

OMG Aero

Yeah you're right she wasn't aggro.
Maybe Ian doesn't know about that boss, but I'd like to see Vinny fight him.
It'd be funny to see Vinny fight Gwyndolin because even more so than Artorias it's a boss where Vinny's traditional tank and iron flesh tactic straight up won't work.

graboids

loving the podcast this week! #Vinnycast

2570062-jeffbrad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom