• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Going by their tweets they don't seen particularly positive about the PS4.

I think it's less not positive on the PS4, and more not positive on the launch titles, which is sort of to be expected.

They recently changed it so new streams don't archive unless you set it to(and it's default to off). Guessing a lot of people aren't option digging beforehand and catching that.

I'm pretty sure they said that at launch, the PS4 doesn't allow your streams to be archived on twitch but it'll be patched later.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
You can't archive on the PS4. Brad and Jeff both had it turned on in Twitch and it did not archive.

It is supposedly going to be added in an update.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think it's less not positive on the PS4, and more not positive on the launch titles, which is sort of to be expected.

I'm pretty sure they said that at launch, the PS4 doesn't allow your streams to be archived on twitch but it'll be patched later.
You can't archive on the PS4. Brad and Jeff both had it turned on in Twitch and it did not archive.

It is supposedly going to be added in an update.

Huh, good to know. That's kinda weird.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Huh, good to know. That's kinda weird.

very weird.

i can imagine it's a twitch-side thing. twitch is popular, no doubt, but there is a certain baseline of competence and desire required to stream from PC (atleast, until shadowplay there was).

the prospect of hundreds of thousands of joe xbones and jill playstations each archiving hundreds of hours of footage is probably not something that twitch wants to deal with. i wouldn't be surprised if their deal involved the manufacturers ponying up for their own data centres if they wish to archive.

obonicus

If the stream was a real indication and not just one bad part, then this it might not even do this.

Jeff rarely scores games according to his opinion alone. I don't know if he accounts for the strangeness of his own tastes or gives points for basic competence, but I wouldn't be surprised at a 3/5 even if he really didn't like it.

Jeff rarely scores games according to his opinion alone. I don't know if he accounts for the strangeness of his own tastes or gives points for basic competence, but I wouldn't be surprised at a 3/5 even if he really didn't like it.
He's normally got a larger view and will even "down score" a game that he really likes because he recognizes he has weird tastes.

Is he stuck on the wing suit section? There have been several reviews, even ones who liked the game who said that section was terrible and a blight on the game. In any case, think Shadowfall looks quite good in general and a nice change of pace from other shooters. Reminds me somewhat of Crysis 3 in regards to the open areas but with more developed set pieces that can evolve. In the quick look Jeff wasn't using half of the abilities at his disposal(you can zipline anywhere!) so I think when you take the other things into account it stands out.

People saying it looks like another Killzone as a negative are silly if nothing else. If anything my main problem with the game is that it doesn't feel like Killzone at all, gunplay seems quite different and the atmosphere present is entirely different. That in combination with how the levels are structured make up a very different game compared to 2 and 3.

Edit: Have they played Contrast at all?

So Patricks going to be there for the stream tomorrow?

He posted this earlier so yeah.

IljfCGU.png

Haunted

the prospect of hundreds of thousands of joe xbones and jill playstations each archiving hundreds of hours of footage is probably not something that twitch wants to deal with. i wouldn't be surprised if their deal involved the manufacturers ponying up for their own data centres if they wish to archive.
Absolutely. There already are hundreds and thousands of casual lol/dota/hearthstone people streaming constantly, and it's literally watched by fucking no one. Several hundred people are streaming league of legends on twitch right now, and pretty much anyone past the top 20 channels or so doesn't have more than 5 viewers. Thinking about the bandwith and servers necessary to archive all that content no one wants and will ever watch, is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

I can understand why they don't want to increase their load allowing the console streamers to archive on top of all that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Absolutely. There already are hundreds and thousands of casual lol/dota/hearthstone people streaming constantly, and it's literally watched by fucking no one. Several hundred people are streaming league of legends on twitch right now, and pretty much anyone past the top 20 channels or so doesn't have more than 5 viewers. Thinking about the bandwith and servers necessary to archive all that content no one wants and will ever watch, is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

I can understand why they don't want to increase their load allowing the console streamers to archive on top of all that.

I totally delete my streams after I broadcasted them to NOONE.

There's no reason to leave them up, I'm not an interesting person and nobody will ever watch it.

I don't know why I lost the Castle Crashers NeoGaf Marathon I did with people from the Steam Thread though.. I liked that one.. :(

Xater

Oh man Jeff seems incredibly frustrated. Very glad I changed my pre-order from Killzone to Battlefield. I might still play Kilzone once it's free on PS+ and that is probably going to happen at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom