• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Well, I asked.

screenshot2013-11-151lksnt.png

Zaph

Would happily sacrifice 'here's some tweets' or 'how about some forum bullshit' database calls for one to remove trailers.

When it comes to recent videos, their RSS feed is very laggy and the video page seems unpredictable with missing items. Would love a homepage which just had a chronological list of all recent GB content.

Nymphae

Banned
Listened to this week's show last night, and Jeff Green was great as usual. Also, forget his name but that other dude (Brad something) sounded enough like Robert Ashley at times to remind me of GFW radio.

Nopren

Just relistened to the bombcast from the 28th of May 2013, and hearing about Brad's bear-killing uncle. Did we ever get a picture of said uncle?

Patryn

I have to say that I'm really thinking this live stream is going to be seriously underwhelming. They don't like Killzone, they don't like Knack, they've explored the OS already thoroughly... What's left?

I don't think Sony's done anything to change their minds about their pronouncement that people getting a PS4 now are making a big mistake.

I'm kind of scared of this thread after next week when the XBone stream ends up being slightly more positive given that I expect that they'll like Forza and DR3 a lot more than KZ and Knack. Although I think they'll still say you should hold off on that, too.

Curufinwe

When they're playing DR3 and the framerate is in the teens I wonder how excited they'll be.

They've already done QLs of Knack and Killzone so why wouldn't they play other launch games like AC4, Battlefield 4 and NFS Rivals during the stream? All those games are supposed to look great and play great on PS4.

Maybe they can play some KZ multiplayer with the community, but I really don't want to see Knack again.

I'm actually kind of surprised how many people actually go to the website. I do almost all my Giantbombing from the Video Buddy app. Only time I touch the website is to check the schedule or for subscriber live shows.

Haunted

Killzone is such a joke. Who even likes this shit?
I think Killzone 2 was one of the best console shooters of the last generation. Vastly preferred it to all the CoDs, Battlefields and Medal of Honours. Well, MoH Airborne was good, but they abandoned that quick. :/

This one however... yeah, outside of the eye candy, there doesn't seem to be that much to it.

I'm actually kind of surprised how many people actually go to the website. I do almost all my Giantbombing from the Video Buddy app. Only time I touch the website is to check the schedule or for subscriber live shows.
Only reason I go the website itself is to check the schedule.

I watch pretty much all their content on Youtube and Twitch, I'm already on those sites anyway and the players are vastly superior to the one on GB itself.

popo

Santa Monica City Paper didn't get a free PS4. Someone over there is pissed and is taking out on those who did.

https://twitter.com/JaredGamerr

When I first saw Jeff RT and bitch slap this guy, I thought it was @jaredr :-O

I never used to visit 1up.com at all. Just downloaded the 1up show and got the podcasts from itunes ...

Patryn

I never used to visit 1up.com at all. Just downloaded the 1up show and got the podcasts from itunes ...

Hey, 1Up was one of the worst designed sites I have ever seen in my entire life.

At least GB is well designed. Its major problem is only that the player sucks.

Bets on whether today they'll say "if it wasn't for the job I wouldn't bother buying these consoles" or something similar?

That's a sucker's bet. It's not if it'll be said, it's how many times it's said.

MG310

I have a good idea of who that line will come out of...

Brad can't say it, he bought that hot new Wii U that just came out this month.

I always hate when gaming sites say not to get something at launch while they get to mess around with it. Whether they wouldn't get one outside of the job is somewhat irrelevant when they still get to enjoy it. Reminds me of one of my friends a few months back making a big deal about how he wouldn't buy an Xbox One at launch yet his room mate had one paid off, lol. Price isn't going to drop any time soon, might as well

And I can't imagine using the youtube player over giantbomb's or downloading. One of my favorite things about the site is the high quality, 60 FPS captures and the like. HTML5 video player does need an overhaul, but the quality is worth it for me.

I have to say that I'm really thinking this live stream is going to be seriously underwhelming. They don't like Killzone, they don't like Knack, they've explored the OS already thoroughly... What's left?

I don't think Sony's done anything to change their minds about their pronouncement that people getting a PS4 now are making a big mistake.

I'm kind of scared of this thread after next week when the XBone stream ends up being slightly more positive given that I expect that they'll like Forza and DR3 a lot more than KZ and Knack. Although I think they'll still say you should hold off on that, too.

Meh, I can see them being cold on the Xbox as well. I mean, sure, they'll like Forza, but you could see DR3's framerate is still not up to much in the video from last week, plus who knows how the actual story and main game missions are. Also: Ryse. If you thought Knack had it hard this week I think that game might set new lows. Plus all the other games are mostly multiplaform and by that stage theyll have played them on nine other consoles so...

Basically what I'm saying is that all the console streams will be underwhelming :) But who cares? I love me some Giant Bomb cynicism.

Patryn

Meh, I can see them being cold on the Xbox as well. I mean, sure, they'll like Forza, but you could see DR3's framerate is still not up to much in the video from last week, plus who knows how the actual story and main game missions are. Also: Ryse. If you thought Knack had it hard this week I think that game might set new lows. Plus all the other games are mostly multiplaform and by that stage theyll have played them on nine other consoles so...

Basically what I'm saying is that all the console streams will be underwhelming :) But who cares? I love me some Giant Bomb cynicism.

Oh, I think everyone knows that Ryse is going to be savaged. There was a reason I didn't mention it.

MG310

I love it when they automatically equate flying across the country and staying in a hotel with being bribed with a vacation. I'm guessing that's either not his real twitter account, or it's some random thinking if he whines enough he can scam Sony into giving him a free PS4.

I was under the impression that there are more than two games available for the PS4...

(but then again, what do I know - I have to wait two weeks for my console...)

Lunzio

I was under the impression that there are more than two games available for the PS4...

(but then again, what do I know - I have to wait two weeks for my console...)

This is true. BUT I do think a lot of the magic from the Wii U stream was how fresh everything was to them at the time. They've been on PS overload since Monday so multiplayer will probably be the highlight of their impressions.

Booshka

They post their KZ review yet? Should be interesting.

I imagine that Jeff would like to get some MP in with real people before he places final judgement. That will probably be a part of the stream today, playing some Killzone MP with the public

popo

I think - don't buy launch consoles if you can stand to wait - is perfectly good consumer advice to give. I don't have access to them and I am not buying at launch. There doesn't even seem to be a "killer app" this time around so waiting is even easier.

I love it when they automatically equate flying across the country and staying in a hotel with being bribed with a vacation. I'm guessing that's either not his real twitter account, or it's some random thinking if he whines enough he can scam Sony into giving him a free PS4.

The 2nd ever tweet on the account was begging for a free PS4. He does (aparently) work for a local newspaper though so it could have taken him this loing to discover twitter.

Oxx

Wolf looks cool.

I might have to wait until all the episodes are out now I have seen so much of the first one.

Empty

i'm looking forward to the live stream but i hope the mood isn't too negative. the polygon stream was basically insufferable.

Lunzio

i'm looking forward to the live stream but i hope the mood isn't too negative. the polygon stream was basically insufferable.

I definitely think it'll be better than polygon in more ways than one.

From Jeff's tumblr:

Anonymous asked:
How on fire is the PS4 right now? Between the middling games, off balance console, and reported failures it sounds like things sound rough. Just wanted to gauge your opinion on it.

Jeff:
I don’t think the first-party lineup is amazing, but generally speaking I’ve been pretty happy with the console. We haven’t run into any hardware failures on the three consoles we’ve been using, for what that’s worth. We still have a “clean” one that we’ll boot up for the first time today, maybe it’ll catch on fire!

Keep in mind that the people who aren’t having any issues are probably too busy playing games to go talk about it online, so the reports of problems and such may seem louder than they really are. We probably won’t know if hardware is a real problem for a few more days.

I definitely think it'll be better than polygon in more ways than one.

From Jeff's tumblr:

Anonymous asked:
How on fire is the PS4 right now? Between the middling games, off balance console, and reported failures it sounds like things sound rough. Just wanted to gauge your opinion on it.

Jeff:
I don’t think the first-party lineup is amazing, but generally speaking I’ve been pretty happy with the console. We haven’t run into any hardware failures on the three consoles we’ve been using, for what that’s worth. We still have a “clean” one that we’ll boot up for the first time today, maybe it’ll catch on fire!

Keep in mind that the people who aren’t having any issues are probably too busy playing games to go talk about it online, so the reports of problems and such may seem louder than they really are. We probably won’t know if hardware is a real problem for a few more days.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Should be fun

Dany

Banned
I am in such a downer mood. All I can think about is Ryan and how he gone and not here to see the new consoles. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom