• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestunt

Ah, its not like I hate Brad but hes the worst on the show. Ill take Patrick talking about indie games for 8 hrs over Brad fighting for ME3 and DMC on the game of the year list.

people are so salty about good games

not great, but good

yeah they had issues, but its the 90/10 rule, people tend to remember the 10% great and the 10% awful

not trying to start an argument, but for example, in this forum there are people who worship Dark Souls

its my game of the generation, and top ten all time, but as a hole (100% of game) it does much more flawed stuff than those two games you mentioned, the caveat is that 10% is almost perfect

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
people are so salty about good games

not great, but good

yeah they had issues, but its the 90/10 rule, people tend to remember the 10% great and the 10% awful

not trying to start an argument, but for example, in this forum there are people who worship Dark Souls

its my game of the generation, and top ten all time, but as a hole (100% of game) it does much more flawed stuff than those two games you mentioned, the caveat is that 10% is almost perfect

It's the highs and lows. Dark Souls is great because it's highs reach incredible heights, and when you're feeling at your lowest with the game it's usually not a fault of the game, it's a fault of your own playing (making dumb mistakes leading to an unfortunate death.)

Dark Souls definitely has its rotten parts but I think in the mind of that 90/10 rule like you mentioned, the "worst ten" end up being occupied by parts that were infuriating rather than "Wow so Lost Izalith is pretty terrible huh?"

Serra

The thing is that ME3 and DmC don't have 10% greatness. Its 10% awful and 90% exceedingly mediocre with the only emotions coming when its fucking awful.

Thanks!

iHG9DKlmhgnG.gif

OMG bahaha

I'll take Patrick talking about indie games for 8 hrs
Absolutely. But I love Brad, too.

Is Patrick going to be at the office for the Xbox One stream?

i0h5emFMinw6u.gif

ibd2NgULFisPn2.gif

Yes! Was nice to see him back on the couch!

Ah, its not like I hate Brad but hes the worst on the show. Ill take Patrick talking about indie games for 8 hrs over Brad fighting for ME3 and DMC on the game of the year list.

I don't think you get the point of the GOTY podcast. They record those for us so we CAN hear the arguments that go into their picks.

Is the PS4 stream (and I'm guessing this weeks XBone stream) going to be available to download for subscribers?

It'll be up this week, it was 8 hours recorded on a Friday, there was little chance of it going up the same day.

It baffles me how this is a question EVERY TIME they do a bigger live show. If there's a live stream, it's archived on the site eventually.

Stackboy

It'll be up this week, it was 8 hours recorded on a Friday, there was little chance of it going up the same day.

It baffles me how this is a question EVERY TIME they do a bigger live show. If there's a live stream, it's archived on the site eventually.

I download it and stream it to my PS3.

I like Patrick. He always seems pretty happy and he nicely fills in the enthusiasm gap between Vinny and everyone else.

Agreed. I'm not really sure where the cynical description comes from. I'd describe him as critical- if he doesn't like something he'll at least articulate what it is he doesn't like.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Agreed. I'm not really sure where the cynical description comes from. I'd describe him as critical- if he doesn't like something he'll at least articulate what it is he doesn't like.
Often when he articulates it simply reveals that he is uninformed or apathetic to learning.

Its not that I don't think DmC is a bad game. It's a 7/10 fun afternoon game. Just Doesn't belong on a goty list.

Now ME3 is a average to bad game..

I was all for longer clips of subscriber stuff on YT cause it seems like something that would get people to subscribe but seeing the related vids on that vid it just seems like piracy at this point.

Curufinwe

Did Brad actually finish Devil May Cry? He needs to go play DMC3 now.

He'll never get around to that with new consoles here.

I don't want to bash Brad, but he really should have started with DMC3 SE HD since its the first in the timeline but also because it is far more modern and forgiving than the original. And the odds were he'd never get to playing both games in the collection.

Every time he complained about having to go into the menus to switch weapons or having to buy and use yellow orbs to continue I shook my head because DMC3 SE Gold Orb mode fixes that shit and would have been a lot more fun for him, and us.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to that one person that pointed out Rorie's throat clearing, I'm hearing it all the time now.

phuturist

Banned
Putting ME3 on your goty list (personal or communal) would be like a movie critic putting Transformers 3 on a top 10 movies list.
Jesus Christ, man, opinions. OPINIONS!

I think Skyrim is terrible but I understand why people love it.

DmC really worked for Brad, me and many others. His arguments for ME3 were also understandable, but you chose to ignore his reasoning. He basicly said, if not for ME1 & 2, he would not have put it on his list, of course, but ME is his favourite current gen franchise.

In any case, your mission is pointless, people will still have there opinions. You can't talk them out of their memory of the joy they felt while playing a certain game.

Jesus Christ, man, opinions. OPINIONS!

I think Skyrim is terrible but I understand why people love it.

DmC really worked for Brad, me and many others. His arguments for ME3 were also understandable, but you chose to ignore his reasoning. He basicly said, if not for ME1 & 2, he would not have put it on his list, of course, but ME is his favourite current gen franchise.

In any case, your mission is pointless, people will still have there opinions. You can't talk them out of their memory of the joy they felt while playing a certain game.

And his opinions are terrible.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fucking hell, do we have to get into this again?

People whining about his choices are infinitely more annoying than him arguing it on the GOTY podecasts.

He'll never get around to that with new consoles here.

I don't want to bash Brad, but he really should have started with DMC3 SE HD since its the first in the timeline but also because it is far more modern and forgiving than the original. And the odds were he'd never get to playing both games in the collection.

Every time he complained about having to go into the menus to switch weapons or having to buy and use yellow orbs to continue I shook my head because DMC3 SE Gold Orb mode fixes that shit and would have been a lot more fun for him, and us.

It's kind of besides the point for the feature though. It was meant to be a retrospective.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Following up on the possibility of Jeff Green coming to GB - here's what he said in his latest Dark Souls stream, for those who haven't watched. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

http://youtu.be/h2v7srf0QxY?t=1h4m45s

Rough transcript for the gist of it if you can't or don't want to watch the video:

Jeff Green said:
GAF wants me on Giant Bomb? Believe me I'm well aware, I've seen many pages of comments of that. All I can say to that because, you know, it's a little awkward to talk about it. Let's just say I love them, I believe they tolerate me, we like each other a lot and there's a lot of mutual respect there, and of course I would be an idiot not to want to be a part of their site because they are pretty much the greatest gaming website on the planet. So, of course, however there has to be things like an available job for me and things like that. So there's all sorts of real world considerations that go into this, but let's just say never say never. We've all talked before about what could be done in the future, so you never know. Of course I would work with those guys.

I really hope they work something out and bring him on board.

Fucking hell, do we have to get into this again?

People whining about his choices are infinitely more annoying than him arguing it on the GOTY podecasts.

This whole thread is usually the most negative and redundant thing around Giant Bomb. Love going to Giant Bomb content and staying there, but as soon as I come here it's the usual conveyor belt of "Brad sucks at games", "Vinny and Drew are the best", "didn't go into enough detail in the quick look", "I don't hate Patrick but..." or just conspiracy theories about the staff. Good gifs and memes, tho.

Following up on the possibility of Jeff Green coming to GB - here's what he said in his latest Dark Souls stream, for those who haven't watched. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

http://youtu.be/h2v7srf0QxY?t=1h4m45s

Rough transcript for the gist of it if you can't or don't want to watch the video:

I really hope they work something out and bring him on board.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

He could be used for that geriatric target demographic, there's plenty of them 50+ here on GAF too ;)

Aaron

So I ended up missing most of the live stream, what was the guys overall feelings on the PS4?
There were minor problems, but the stream was mostly positive. Basically it's a good core system, but there's some interface issues Sony needs to fix pronto.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So I ended up missing most of the live stream, what was the guys overall feelings on the PS4?

Generally, they were positive on the system and sort of bored with the games (Resogun not included).

They seemed to dig AC4 as well.

Lmao holy shit is that honestly a thing? The game Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition has a separate individual Gold Orb Mode? DMC3 SE GOM? What the hell is it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom