• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

This conversation is heading in the dangerous direction similar to that of "Ryan hates Brad" of the good old days.

Ah geez, had to be the first comment on this page...

t1384923600z4.png
bombcast ? ;(

erawsd

Yeah. I was thinking to myself there must be a bit of workplace animosity between the two. We all have co-workers like that. Spend all that time together and you just get on each other's nerves.

Eh, I don't know if there's any animosity between the two. I think Jeff was just as bored and thought the audience would be equally bored of 45minutes of killing zombies.

I think it's mainly when Brad plays a game, it just pisses Jeff off. I have a hard time watching Quick look's where he's playing, it's kinda funny actually.

Eh, I don't know if there's any animosity between the two. I think Jeff was just as bored and thought the audience would be equally bored of 45minutes of killing zombies.

And he is right!

Im really looking forward to playing Dead Rising 3, but mannnn that was a boring ass quicklook. haha. All he had to do was start doing one of those missions, and he could have killed lots of zombies and fucked around in the vehicles while he slowly went about completing the objective and it would have been more entertaining.

the first tweet from jake was a reply to some previous tweet with two other people involved so the “@“ names are placed in front when he hit the reply button in a conversation. then it’s his message.

if you’re on twitter for a bit, brain learns to adjust to the @names. hashtags can fuck right off, though. I just ignore them

No, I'm used to bassackwards twitterspeak, this is further insanity on top of that. Eldritch levels of language misuse.

erawsd

And he is right!

Im really looking forward to playing Dead Rising 3, but mannnn that was a boring ass quicklook. haha. All he had to do was start doing one of those missions, and he could have killed lots of zombies and fucked around in the vehicles while he slowly went about completing the objective and it would have been more entertaining.

I totally agree. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread that quicklook may have turned me off to the game lol

And he is right!

To be fair, I tink likes more the atmosphere and customization aspect of this games than the story or the actual missions, as he admitted that most missions are "Kill this or go to A-B".

I remember Dead Island and State of Decay also being focused in random shenigans and exploring the UI.

To be fair, I tink likes more the atmosphere and customization aspect of this games than the story or the actual missions, as he admitted that most missions are "Kill this or go to A-B".

I remember Dead Island and State of Decay also being focused in random shenigans and exploring the UI.

Yeah, im just saying he needed to just pretend like he was going to actually do some missions, haha. Instead of fucking around on one street for 30 mins, he should have headed to a quest, killing things and explaining stuff on the way, then show a cut scene and get us a little bit involved with what is happening in the story, then proceeded to kill a bunch of zombies and show off the cool stuff.

Basically, the content that was in the QL was fine, it was just poorly paced out and made it super boring to watch. He needs to focus a little bit more, and maybe have a little bit of a plan going into the QL.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Aughhhhh guys remember how it was my birthday and I was upset because I wouldn't get to watch Vinny play Dark Souls but then they pushed it to tomorrow and then I was excited because I would get to waaaaatch?

Turns out I have to go to see a play in Milwaukee for my Theater Appreciation class so I'm STILL gonna miss out on Vinny streaming Dark Souls!

Life is tough man.

Yyyyepp!

Curufinwe

So Digital Foundry report that the framerate issues with CoD Ghosts are actually juddering caused by the game trying to run at a frame rate higher than 60.

The power advantage of the PS4 and the incompetency of Infinity Ward really are cut and dried.

Megasoum

Banned
Patrick asking "Who doesn't have XBox live gold anyway?" on the Podcast.... Geez Patrick., maybe you should realize that most people don't get it for free like you do every year and not everybody want to pay 60$ a year to use the majority of the features on a console.

Another great example of a game journalist completely disconnected from the reality of a normal user actually having to pay for his games/services.

Curufinwe

Yeah, my Gold sub runs out in Feb and I won't renew it. People who mainly play PC must be even less likely to pay for Gold.

Well Jeff was one of the reviewers who said the PS4 ver seemed to stutter for no reason sometimes.

Yup, I have no issue with Jeff or any reviewer who noticed the juddering and thought it was the framerate dropping because the actual reason is totally bizarre and unexpected.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, my Gold sub runs out in Feb and I won't renew it. People who mainly play PC must be even less likely to pay for Gold.

Yup...haven'T payed for Gold in almost 3 years now. Did'nt have nothing for a while since I was mostly playing PC and now I got PS+ because it's actual value add (well except for the multiplayer part) instead of blocking you out of every features unless you pay.

Curufinwe

Not sure if it merits a mention on the Bombcast, but Brad did jump in here to post about it as soon as the reports of the Xbone version running at a better framerate went live.

So it does merit being mentioned in this thread.

Lococycle looks pretty bad.

It reminds me of the games you would see Acclaim or Majesco publish on the ps2. As a 360 game it would look like trash.

Dead Rising looks cool though. Shame its 720p but its the first console DR game where the framerate doing just tank when you go through any crowd of zombies so I guess they had to do it.

Patrick asking "Who doesn't have XBox live gold anyway?" on the Podcast.... Geez Patrick., maybe you should realize that most people don't get it for free like you do every year and not everybody want to pay 60$ a year to use the majority of the features on a console.

Another great example of a game journalist completely disconnected from the reality of a normal user actually having to pay for his games/services.
About once a month I remember XBox live gold exists and ask myself "Who the fuck pays for that?"

I know one person right now, out of about 10 or 12 360 owners, who has an active gold subscription. All he does is COD.

Everyone else just fucks around with GTA V or some other mainly single player thing in their free time or does online stuff (gaming, netflix, whatever) on a PC.

So really, who does have xbox live gold?

It is! Thinking of doing another stream at some point storyboarding the next one.

I didn't realise you animated frame by frame. I made a few (admittedly crappy) flash animations when I was about 12, but made use of key framing and reusing the same assets without re-drawing.

About how long would a finished animation take?

erawsd

Heh, yeah... who doesn't have Xbox Live Gold? Like 70% of the people that have
360s.

LegoArmo

I let my Gold run out at the start of the year and I don't think I'll get it ever again. I can't justify paying for online on 2 consoles.

Fox318

I don't have gold anymore.

I'm with you.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
I didn't realise you animated frame by frame. I made a few (admittedly crappy) flash animations when I was about 12, but made use of key framing and reusing the same assets without re-drawing.

About how long would a finished animation take?

Depends entirely on the length of the animation, the amount of effort put in and what else I have going on. For instance, it took me about a month to do the Real Man's Drink animation, which is 2 minutes long fully coloured and lip-synced. This new 1minute 20seconds animation also took me about a month, but i've just been starting university so I was a tad distracted.

I could probably pump one of these out in like a week if I didn't have colour or lip-sync, though. Maybe worth doing a few shorties at some point.

Kerned

Banned
I don't have Gold here either, and I haven't for quite some time. I think that Patrick sometimes has trouble seeing things outside of the games media bubble that he works in.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
Not sure what the demographic is in this thread, but when I was in high school everyone that had an xbox had gold. Even now in college people without gold seem to be in the minority. I think this is probably due to a couple factors (parents paying for gold and the popularity of COD multiplayer), but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume a large portion of the Xbox user base pays for gold.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

0294_r5snm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom