• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to the P4Dancing Quick Look more than the Persona 5 one?

i7NpLIs4rp3md.gif

Nope.

Just get Jeff and Vinny on it for old times sake

I felt that somebody on Atlus and Sega decide to makes that game just to piss Jeff off.

(Given his opinions of P4 Golden intro and Hatsune Miku... lol)

Dany

Banned
They will do a Persona 5 Endurance Run. They only exist because we allow it, they will do it because we demand it. We are the vangauard of their destruction. The cycle will continue.

Zaph

Didn't they say they'd never do an endurance run of a brand new game? It will be like 2016 before they could do it.
Clutching at straws here, but I wonder if Jeff's stance has changed in the last 5 years or so? When they started doing P4, everyone was like "will Atlas be cool with this?", but now you have 'Lets Plays' on Youtube days after release (monetized too), and even shitty companies like IGN using their review code to have complete playthroughs available day of release. War has changed.

Das Ace

Early Patrick sucked. Felt completely unnatural. I know a lot of people think that it's just because he was new, but you can tell watching an old QL and watching a new one. Also there were far too many Patrick/Ryan QLs.

As proven recently though, it was Patrick and Ryan doing it, or it wouldn't get done.

This is why Charlie just "hnh"d at his friends at the end of Persona 4 when they were all crying for him. He knew he'd be back for like a dozen more adventures by the end of year.

This is why Charlie just "hnh"d at his friends at the end of Persona 4 when they were all crying for him. He knew he'd be back for like a dozen more adventures by the end of year.

When they say "You are slave" in the P5 teaser, it's actually directed at the cast of Persona 4

and nowadays the cast of P3 as well

Dragon

Banned
Patrick can be surly and cynical but he also shows off games no one else will. There's a nice balance between the more personality driven aspects of the site and being better informed about smaller games. I'm glad we have both.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah I'm not sure they could recapture that P4 magic. It was a product of GB at a specific time and place. I much prefer the features they've been doing for the past year.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm watching the Inventern videos on the Tested website right now...wtf is that.

I mostly listen to the podcast nowadays and I never heard about this before today. They use a different video player, they have ads everywhere and in a very very not subtle way somehow everybody his using their brand new verizon phone all the time during those videos.

Man the shilling is kinda crazy in there. If GB would do something like that they would get hammered on every fronts.

ArjanN

Yeah I'm not sure they could recapture that P4 magic. It was a product of GB at a specific time and place. I much prefer the features they've been doing for the past year.

Features like Breaking Brad and Load Our Last Souls are essentially Endurance Runs under a different name anyway.

I also think a lot of the appeal of P4 was the novelty of it for them. I doubt they'd get even close to the same level of enjoyment out of another one.

Going by his tweets, Jeff's watching the countdown live stream of the Persona announcement.

Probably still carrying a torch for Chie.

I don't know, the new girl from Persona Q might give Chie a run for her money. I mean, look:
2574071-personaqheroix2i6j.png

She's got a corn dog. With ketchup.

pelican

Brad obviously has played a completely different version of Ryse to me considering he awarded it 3/5. The game is complete bollocks. Quite a surprising score as he didn't seem particularly enthused impressed during the live stream.

Doomshine

Brad obviously has played a completely different version of Ryse to me considering he awarded it 3/5. The game is complete bollocks. Quite a surprising score as he didn't seem particularly enthused impressed during the live stream.

If anything he was the most enthused of all of them.

derFeef

Huh, I predicted the score after watching the quicklook, he enjoyed it but it could be a lot better.
Brad may be my gaming twin besides some exceptions so I can tell pretty well what he is going to like and what not.

popo

So I'm watching the Inventern videos on the Tested website right now...wtf is that.

I mostly listen to the podcast nowadays and I never heard about this before today. They use a different video player, they have ads everywhere and in a very very not subtle way somehow everybody his using their brand new verizon phone all the time during those videos.

Man the shilling is kinda crazy in there. If GB would do something like that they would get hammered on every fronts.

From the publishers who bring you

http://www.mandatory.com/

http://wonderwall.msn.com/ and

http://www.pawnation.com/

Well you can subscribe and get rid of the ads on Tested now. You get a personalised email from Adam Mythbuster each month too!

Good luck to them - but the announcement of premium memberships on their site currently has a whopping 86 comments - a third of which is Will apologising to previous whiskey subbers - so it is going to be a long up hill struggle. They already have better merch in the store than GB though.

Chuck

Still without luck
About some ads on GB, I find this shit more disgusting than probably any other ads they do.

ibobqTtB65pOY6.png

Just awful. I can't believe Jeff would stand for this

Zaph

About some ads on GB, I find this shit more disgusting than probably any other ads they do.

[IMG ]http://i4.minus.com/ibobqTtB65pOY6.png[/IMG]

Just awful. I can't believe Jeff would stand for this
Probably not much choice. That type of thing is usually implemented network-wide, so even if he did fight it, I doubt they'd exclude one site.

You have to pick your battles, and judging by the little comments here and there about budgetary stuff, I think Jeff has enough to fight already.

reacean asked:I just saw a pop-up on Twitch stating that they are removing the access code feature on Nov 25th. Doesn't that pose an issue for premium streams?

Jeff:
Indeed it does. We’re aware and will need to start looking into alternate solutions.
?

Megasoum

Banned

That means they can't block streams to non subscribers anymore.

Maybe that explain why they were testing youtube streaming with the chat the other day. Would be kick ass if they switch to youtube since you can pause and rewind the stream which is a game changer IMO. SO USEFUL.

derFeef

That means they can't block streams to non subscribers anymore.

Maybe that explain why they were testing youtube streaming with the chat the other day. Would be kick ass if they switch to youtube since you can pause and rewind the stream which is a game changer IMO. SO USEFUL.

And it simply would not suck as much as twitch, at least for me. It's always so laggy.

Chuck

Still without luck
Youtube live streaming isn't available in some countries, right? I think they need to build their own thing. Isn't there software they could use?

Zaph

Why would Twitch change that feature? That's weird.
Probably because nobody used it and it was easily circumvented? For it to be useful to more people would probably require engineering time they weren't willing to devote.

Youtube live streaming isn't available in some countries, right? I think they need to build their own thing. Isn't there software they could use?
Yeah, CBSi have a new live steam player Gamespot uses, but the bitrate and res looked really low...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Yeah, yeesh. With adblock off, it's especially heinous.

Would be kick ass if they switch to youtube since you can pause and rewind the stream which is a game changer IMO. SO USEFUL.

Would be great and a negative because Chat would likely become nearly useless since they can't ensure everyone would be viewing the same parts at the same time.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Access Code is the only way to gate who has access to the Twitch Stream.

The GiantBomb chat page embeds the password when loading the Stream from twitch. That way, only premium members that have access to the Chat page during Premium Streams can watch the Stream.

Twitch is removing the access code feature. In other words, Giantbomb can't gate access to Premium Streams on Twitch.

Bonus: For a time, you could comb through the chat page (as a premium user) and find out the password to access the stream on the Twitch page. They eventually found a way around it, but it kinda didn't work at all times, it seems.

fleck0

Would be great and a negative because Chat would likely become nearly useless since they can't ensure everyone would be viewing the same parts at the same time.

It's not like the chat is particularly useful now. Best thing to come from it is Matt Rorie yelling things out during livestreams.

Megasoum

Banned

Yeah I guess...but then again I stopped looking at GB chat about 3 years ago. So terrible everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom